Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Prayers Accepted Or Not?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I'm 17 years old and live with a more up to date family and less religious one. I seem to be the only one that believes in every single aspect of islam. The problem is society all around me doesn't. I almost never listen to music except on few occasions. I listen to a lot of nadbiyat and latmiyat for ashoora. My sisters on the other hand listen to a lot of music. They aren't religious at all to be honest. One of them is old enough to be obliged to pray but doesn't except when she wants something. And when i confront them about this issue they don't seem to respond. On the contrary they make fun of me for being so closed minded. So there is a lot of music in the house, my sisters don't wear hijab and my old sister doesn't pray. Now i know its non of my business any longer but i hear the prophet said that god doesn't accept prayers coming from a household where music is played. Trust me if i lived on my own i wouldn't play music but my sisters unfortunately do a lot and I'm afraid god won't accept my prayers because of that. I was hoping to get someones opinion on this whole issue.

• Veteran Member

I'm 17 years old and live with a more up to date family and less religious one. I seem to be the only one that believes in every single aspect of islam. The problem is society all around me doesn't. I almost never listen to music except on few occasions. I listen to a lot of nadbiyat and latmiyat for ashoora. My sisters on the other hand listen to a lot of music. They aren't religious at all to be honest. One of them is old enough to be obliged to pray but doesn't except when she wants something. And when i confront them about this issue they don't seem to respond. On the contrary they make fun of me for being so closed minded. So there is a lot of music in the house, my sisters don't wear hijab and my old sister doesn't pray. Now i know its non of my business any longer but i hear the prophet said that god doesn't accept prayers coming from a household where music is played. Trust me if i lived on my own i wouldn't play music but my sisters unfortunately do a lot and I'm afraid god won't accept my prayers because of that. I was hoping to get someones opinion on this whole issue.

Brother Allah is most merciful. He truly knows about your situation. Dont worry, and put your trust in him. In fact I believe more angels come because of you being the only one in the house with taqwa. Stay Strong and Dua.

Wa Salaam

• Advanced Member

(salam)  My life is like yours but just that...I don't have sisters but older brothers lol. I have the same exact problem...which is the hardest to deal with for me. Allah will reward you though...mysteriously He is,  I bet :). I'm 18 though...and started hijab three years ago so I know how hard it is. Like living with siblings that kind've have the upper hand in the family...its tuff. I'm trying to find a solution my self for that..and I think it's either marriage or if the wait is hard then..getting a job and becoming independent is another option. Both ways it's a struggle finding one or someone lol. Also for college you could try dorming if its safe...looking at everything around you and there before hand though. Also I have a brother like that you mentioned about prayer and going to the masjid on big events.... :cry:...I really have no clue myself how to change someone like that..it breaks my heart. And I feel for you. In my opinion (sorry im editing this over and over again lol) theres certain circumstances to what house a prayer isn't accepted of a certain person. So for instance you have no intentions to listen to all that in your house. And Allah will not account someone accountable if they are struggling for closeness towards Him. MashaAllah it's a great act in Allah's  view...don't worry..He  will help you.

Edited by 786YaMahdizamana
  • Veteran Member

Allah swt knows your intention.

But, if you really, really want to run away from music, go inside your room, close the door - pray. If it is really bad, then tell them, that, you must close this know, and if they don't want, then tell them to at least to scroll down the volume, and that Allah swt may let them go on the straight path.

• Veteran Member

Salam Who is your marja? 

Since there was no work in arabic in the time of the hadiths as for music exactly. The word is defined differently among scholars. 

The word is Al Ghina in Arabic and some say it is song, or singing, or the view i hold a certain way of singing. As for the actual music being haram without the singing or with the singing as in the words this is another issue. 1: If the music takes one away from Allah or promotes bad manners, sinfulness and etc. 2: if the instruments used are used only in haram music and not for halal music 3: if it is of the kind that only sinful people would listen to. 4: if there is Ghina (A certain kind of singing in it) these things according to what i understand are the criteria for determining if the music is haram. regardless to that Allah surly understand your situation and is not unjust. 

Edited by Maitham
  • 5 months later...