Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
shiasoldier786

Iran Urges Egypt Army To Respect 'vote Of People'

Rate this topic

AFP - Iran on Tuesday called on the Egyptian military to support national reconciliation and respect the "vote of the people" after it warned it was ready to intervene in Egypt's political crisis.

"Mohamed Morsi is the incumbent president based on the people's vote," Iranian deputy foreign minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian told the official IRNA news agency.

"It is expected of the armed forces of Egypt that they play their role in supporting national reconciliation and respect the vote of the people."

After 4 shias were slaughtered and paraded in Egypt, and Morsi attending rallies where clerics were calling for 'jihad' in syria and chanting death to the 'infidel shias', surely Iran should realize that the Brotherhood and Morsi are no friend of ours. Haven't they learn the lesson from supporting Hamas? 

Here is a good analysis of why the Egyptian military gave Morsi an ultimatum.

Mursi role at Syria rally seen as tipping point for Egypt army

CAIRO (Reuters) - Army concern about the way President Mohamed Mursi was governing Egypt reached tipping point when the head of state attended a rally packed with hardline fellow Islamists calling for holy war in Syria, military sources said.

At the June 15 rally, Sunni Muslim clerics used the word "infidels" to denounce both the Shi'ites fighting to protect Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the non-Islamists that oppose Mursi at home.

Mursi himself called for foreign intervention in Syria against Assad, leading to a veiled rebuke from the army, which issued an apparently bland but sharp-edged statement the next day stressing that its only role was guarding Egypt's borders.

For the army, the Syria rally had crossed "a national security red line" by encouraging Egyptians to fight abroad, risking creating a new generation of jihadists, said Yasser El-Shimy, analyst with the International Crisis Group.

Can you please tell me: What has Iran said wrong? Morsi IS the president, because he was choosen by the people, so in a  theoretical view, he is the president, but that doesn't mean, that Iran support Morsi.  

What he is saying is that the Egyptian military is indirectly supporting the national interests of Iran more so than the Iranian government itself who in this case seems to be displaying a severe case of masochism. 

mas·och·ism

[mas-uh-kiz-uhm, maz-]  Show IPA

noun
gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either asa result of one's own actions or the actions of others, especially the tendency to seek this form ofgratification.
the act of turning one's destructive tendencies inward or upon oneself.
the tendency to find pleasure in self-denial, submissiveness, etc.
Edited by Hannibal

Iran is being a coward....when it comes to Sunni-Arabs!!

Hizbullah is being labeled as terrorist or called Hizbul Shaitan, Iran is a majoosi country, but Iran wants the respect of voters in this Takfiri country.... this is not even funny anymore!

The same people who voted for Mursi, the Shia killer, the same people are out on the streets and want him go!

Iran should just mind its own business and shut up if it cannot think properly!

Iran have some shame please and instead STOP funding Hamas and Jihad and close their offices in the counry!

If the military intervenes and disposes the elected president, that's called a military coup. Military coups almost always turn out bad and end up in a totalitarian regime. Many examples of this from Musharraf in Pakistan to Pinochet in Chile. 

Morsi has obviously lost the confidence of the people. The only solution is early elections. 

Iran is being a coward....when it comes to Sunni-Arabs!!

Hizbullah is being labeled as terrorist or called Hizbul Shaitan, Iran is a majoosi country, but Iran wants the respect of voters in this Takfiri country.... this is not even funny anymore!

The same people who voted for Mursi, the Shia killer, the same people are out on the streets and want him go!

Iran should just mind its own business and shut up if it cannot think properly!

Iran have some shame please and instead STOP funding Hamas and Jihad and close their offices in the counry!

Also note that the people demonstrating against Morsi, like the Dustoor Party of el Baradei came condemned Morsi and Salafists over the killing of Shias. Yet somehow, Iran is opposing them and defending those who allowed and even promoted the killing of Shias?

This is beyond masochism ... it's treason

Edited by Hannibal

If the military intervenes and disposes the elected president, that's called a military coup. Military coups almost always turn out bad and end up in a totalitarian regime. Many examples of this from Musharraf in Pakistan to Pinochet in Chile. 

Morsi has obviously lost the confidence of the people. The only solution is early elections. 

Yea except that in Pakistan, the Shia-Hazaras in Quetta and elsewhere were not slaughtered under Musharaf on daily basis, while under the so called democratic elected government of Shia-President Zardari it became a base of terrorist attacks and Shia killing-ground!

Seriously what's wrong with you people?

Many people on this forum claim to want to look after "Shia interests" and yet use the politics of Mu'awiya (la) to achieve their goals. Hypothetically speaking if Iran did take this position, how is this "treason" and "being a coward"? Just because there are a few (or many) evil fools in Egypt, does that mean we should be in support of a military coup and subsequent dictatorship which will suppress a nation, just because "it fits with our interests"?

In the battle of Siffeen, Mu'awiya seized control of the river and denied access to it for Imam Ali's (as) army. When Amir al-Mo'mineen (as) secured the river, he still allowed the accursed Mu'awiya access to it, even though strategically it may have benefited Amir al-Mo'mineen (as) to deny access to this great enemy of Islam. This is the strategy of our A'immah (as), the strategy of relying on Allah and doing your taklif even when it comes to your enemies. We should all be ashamed of ourselves. For people who call ourselves Shi'at Ali, a lot of our comments seem more like Shi'at Mu'awiya...

A few fools? Last time it was on the news, from clircs to politicians to political parties parties to the president all declared 'Shias kafir who must be killed, and Hizbullah must leave Lebanon, and diplomatic ties with Syria was cut, and cooperation with Israel and Zionists expanded, and asking Jihadists to join Syrian war against Majoosis and Hizbul Shaitan.....and...........and......!

Plus, who asked for military rule? There are millions of people out demanding Mursi to go as we speak.... military is just trying to safeguard them against Shaitain-Brotherhood thugs who said they "will kill the Kafir protesters" and will do Jihad to save Mursi and the Salafis seats.

Iran should sit in its place and show no reaction... why Sudan or China or India or Kuwait did not say anything yet? Is it wajib for Iran to show reaction and throw nonsense in support of the ZioSalafis?

It is not a mercy for enemy, it is supporting barbarism, terrorism, oppression of Sunni-Islamism on civilians, beheading, cutting throats, humiliating, and killing peole without any mercy! That is how the Brotherhood and Salafi thugs turned out to be!

Iran  is right the Muslim brotherhood although, not the best friends shias have have opened up to Iranian Egypt ties and made many political and strategic efforts to bring the 2 together. This is what pissed of the Saudis and salafis who want mursi removed to break the Iran Egypt friendship. .that's why they are trying to bring Assad down to break Syria from Iran same stuff.

^

except that Morsi is a pal of the takfiris and is collaborating with zio-nato-whabbis against Syria, so the MB is not much of a "friend" really, not at all... I don't care for the Egyptian military either - both are lousy options, still lean towards keeping Morsi in power 'cause he is weak now. 

who issued this statement in Iran, and any independent verification outside of western press? 

From a guy that just came out of hawaza duuuh.

I agree Noah Iran should keep its nose out of the Cairo business.

Yes, but does it ever?

Iran  is right the Muslim brotherhood although, not the best friends shias have have opened up to Iranian Egypt ties and made many political and strategic efforts to bring the 2 together. This is what pissed of the Saudis and salafis who want mursi removed to break the Iran Egypt friendship. .that's why they are trying to bring Assad down to break Syria from Iran same stuff.

Oh God not this again. Iran should sit down and shut up...But does it learn? No it does NOT, it wasn't too long ago when the Palis betrayed them,and the rest of the "sunni" chicken flocks were chanting death to Shias, Iranians, and Hezballah.

Edited by ~Rose~

This is how it begins, one side says the Islamic Republic is too extreme, one side says they are not extreme enough. Both find excuses to criticise, then stop supporting, and ultimately attack the Islamic Government. Sub7anallah how the people of Kufa exist in every generation.

Iran should sit in its place and show no reaction... 

The Islamic Government should do what it does and you should sit in your place and show no reaction... 

Iran should sit down and shut up...

Perhaps you should have some respect and take your own advice...

This is how it begins, one side says the Islamic Republic is too extreme, one side says they are not extreme enough. Both find excuses to criticise, then stop supporting, and ultimately attack the Islamic Government. Sub7anallah how the people of Kufa exist in every generation.

The Islamic Government should do what it does and you should sit in your place and show no reaction... 

That's very constructive. Great insight into the situation...really.

Criticizing members for criticizing Iranian policy...smooth.

I'm criticising the mentality that exists, the "I know it all" mentality that people fall into where they basically have cast aside any need for an Islamic Government and leadership and taken on that role for themselves.

I'm criticising the mentality that we should play politics like Bani Umayya used to, and yes I'm criticising people for criticising Iran's policies, disregard so much information and careful strategy that goes behind every decision that the Islamic Reliblic makes.

True this is a public forum, but it doesn't give a right for people to express an opinion on every single matter which is beyond their level. For all the people who say "Iran should stay out of it, mind it's own business, sit down and shut up, etc", I think they should themselves shut up and let the leaders lead. It's very hypocritical and we should stand against this mentality.

Edited by Ibn Abdullah

good and valid point. most people here are westernized who believe in "free speech" even though they have none in their western free nations, so they just go on an attack on places like Iran 'cause it is safe to do so... 

Edited by skylight2

Also note that the people demonstrating against Morsi, like the Dustoor Party of el Baradei came condemned Morsi and Salafists over the killing of Shias. Yet somehow, Iran is opposing them and defending those who allowed and even promoted the killing of Shias?

This is beyond masochism ... it's treason

Iran, as usual, talks only of and about its own national interest. An MB Egypt has more chances of being dependent on Iran (oil) than a secular one.

The unanswered question for me is why Iran think that they need to make an official stance on Egypt? Given the circumstances, I think the best option for Iran right now is just observing the situation. Even if Iranian officials are asked about what Iran think about the situation in Egypt, they can say that "Iran is currently reviewing and observing the situation, but Iran hopes whatever the outcome, it is for the best of the people of Egypt, including the minorities such as the Shi'i"

I don't actually think a change in government in Egypt will lead to any real change in foreign policy.  The basic fact is that Egypt is broke, and likely to remain so for some time. Any government is going to be  reduced to trying to raise money from the US and the Gulf to try to ward off street protests (again) and that's about the extent of what it can really do. Even Morsi's speech on Syria was hot air. His country has no money to send, nor to pay for weapons. His call for a no-fly zone was subtly qualified by saying it should be approved by the UN, which he knows perfectly well isn't going to happen.  He turned over policy on Israel to the Army, where it will remain under any foreseeable successor, so there won't even really be a change there. His outreach to Iran was pretty much purely formal, he was far too dependant on Western and Gulf money for it to be any other way.

None of these factors will change and I very much doubt a President Amr Moussa or Hamdeen Sabahi will be any different. Perhaps they will put in a new Constitution with no or fewer references to Islam and Sharia, but even there the impact will not be very great as the previous Constitution mostly mentioned them with no formal mechanism for implementation.

I don't really understand the impulse to get rid of Morsi. He isn't perfect but I don't see that any of the alternatives will be massively better or different. Since it is obviously there however probably the best thing is to get it out of the way quickly and try to move politics in a more constructive direction that endlessly annulling everything and everyone you elect and endless street protests.

I'm criticising the mentality that exists, the "I know it all" mentality that people fall into where they basically have cast aside any need for an Islamic Government and leadership and taken on that role for themselves.

I'm criticising the mentality that we should play politics like Bani Umayya used to, and yes I'm criticising people for criticising Iran's policies, disregard so much information and careful strategy that goes behind every decision that the Islamic Reliblic makes.

True this is a public forum, but it doesn't give a right for people to express an opinion on every single matter which is beyond their level. For all the people who say "Iran should stay out of it, mind it's own business, sit down and shut up, etc", I think they should themselves shut up and let the leaders lead. It's very hypocritical and we should stand against this mentality.

Reason here,,,Reason...say something logical...Every single user present 100s of different reasons why supporting any party in Egypt, especially the Takfiris are not a good idea for Shias........ 'let the leaders talk or say' is not what is Islamic, reasonable or logical, as you claim..... it is the people who will remove the unjust leaders... God is not sending prophets anymore!

First of all this deputy guy (Hossein Amir Abdollahian) is not a very important leader, secondly, some of us were saying repeatedly and non stop for the last 6 years that Hamas and Palestinians were going to turn against Shias and will begin allying with ISRAEL (exactly what they are doing now in Syria/Lebanon) while some in the Islamic government were receiving them, feeding them, giving them money and etc..... NOW IT TURNS OUT TO BE THAT WE WERE RIGHT..... And the Islamic Government is speechless and is disappointed by Takfiri Palestinians and their latest actions.

Lastly, Shiachat is a forum where we express our opinions on everything, and it is not an official bussiness here! We don't wait or praise some kind of official business of any country here regardless! We say things that we think are more right and reasonable and beneficial for MUSLIMS and Islam... not for some kind of rice and beans business. If anybody doesn't like to read these stuffs, is free to leave!

Edited by Noah-

Arabs don't deserve democracy. They need someone like Hafez.

Seriously, Iran needs to get rid of this habit of constantly siding with the nawasib.

Millions of Egyptians have come out in the largest ever protests since Mubarak's fall. It's very possible that they'll succeed and less evil people will come to power as a result of the people's efforts. 

But now the army threatens to take over the country. Are you really saying that this is a good thing? Shouldn't democratic reforms be given a chance? 

You mean to cast away oppression poverty and sectarian arguments that have been around longer then I can remember. Enough with the whole "Islamic government" ...Where in the middle east do I see any Islamic government that has taken care of its people and not oppressed anyone? Where? Women are stoned, homosexuals are hanged, people are beheaded, Christians houses are burnt, Jews are prosecuted, Sunnis are kicked out of their lands, Yezidis are massacred...and many many more from the what government? The so called "Islamic" government. I like how every middleastern leader are hiding behind "Islam" when we know damn well what they really are after is control, power, and greed.

Can you name me one country thats run by a Islamic government that does not massacre and discriminate against other minor religions..that does not go around jailing whoever that has spoken against the Shia and Sunni ideologies? Instead of arguing about science theories people are killing each other over ideologies. While the Islamic countries are still using teachings based on the middle ages while the rest of the of the world is creating the latest technology that the "Muslims" will later use to film  as they go around beheading people and stoning them.

Its people with your mentality that have no second thoughts of killing anyone in the name of religion, theres nothing different than your mentality and a wahhabi mentality. Nothing worse than a wahhbia is a brainwashed Shia, just because they share the same "sect" as you that does not make it right for you to defend them while they support a government that is oppressing its own people. Maybe you should start using your brain before following a government like  sheep, you're  no different than the Sunnis when they defend  their Kings in power. We have a right to criticize whoever we want, it is every humans right to question the authority. Keep kissing up to the MB while the the Shias in the rest of world are being killed by the same people you seem so fund of.

Let the leaders lead right? What if those leaders have committed acts of massacres..What if those leaders supports oppression and dictatorship . According to you were just suppose to suck it up and deal with it right. Remember Hitler? Remember Saddam? Its okay for the Saudi Arabian government to kick the Shias out, they're a Islamic government...Its okay for the Bahrain to oppress the Shias, they're ruled by an Islamic government.

If you want to follow people like sheep then be my guest but for you to come here and tell us how to think and what to say is beyond your brain capacity.

Go blaaah blaaah blaaah some where in the MB meetings, they'll be delighted to see another shia kissing up to them, thats not if they have your head on a platter first.

P.S I have no respect for political hypocrisy.

Edited by ~Rose~

Seriously, Iran needs to get rid of this habit of constantly siding with the nawasib.

Millions of Egyptians have come out in the largest ever protests since Mubarak's fall. It's very possible that they'll succeed and less evil people will come to power as a result of the people's efforts. 

But now the army threatens to take over the country. Are you really saying that this is a good thing? Shouldn't democratic reforms be given a chance? 

From Arab Spring to Arab Winter, with no Arab Summer inbetween and the worst is yet to be seen. Gosh, I'm a poet and my feet don't know it. They're Longfellows. :-)

Edited by ~Rose~

Yea so millions of people who now demand the removal of Mursi in the largest protest ever should be able to have that chance, the same way Mubarak was removed. Military did not say it needs to rule the country, it simply asked them not to get physical or start a so called holy war.

Yea so millions of people who now demand the removal of Mursi in the largest protest ever should be able to have that chance, the same way Mubarak was removed. Military did not say it needs to rule the country, it simply asked them not to get physical or start a so called holy war.

The same entity that enforced the Mubarak's dictatorship are now on the side of the people? 

Egyptian people can secure their own revolution through peaceful means (civil disobedience), the military doesn't need to come in and take advantage of this crisis to grab all the power. 

Here, so what about this guy? He is not representing Iran? IRAN ASKS THE REGIME IN EGYPT TO RESPECT PEOPLE'S DEMANDS

Iran calls on Egypt to show respect for legitimate public demands

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Abbas Araqchi has expressed concern over the ongoing unrest across Egypt, calling on the Cairo government to respect the legitimate demands of the protesters.

The Iranian official said on Wednesday that the Islamic Republic is closely monitoring the latest developments in Egypt, and is concerned about the prolongation of crisis in the country which has left a number of Egyptians dead and wounded.

He said Iran believes that respect for people's legitimate demands, strengthening of the national unity, negation of violence and vigilance in the face of conspiracies provide the best way out of the current turmoil in the Arab country.

Araqchi further noted that Egyptians can resolve their problems by themselves and defend their national interests.

The political showdown in Egypt has neared its climax as military deadline for President Mohamed Morsi to resolve the North African country’s political crisis has expired.

Supporters and opponents of Morsi staged rival rallies across the capital, Cairo, on Wednesday evening as the Army’s 48-hour deadline for the president to yield to the demands of the demonstrators or face military intervention approached.

Several political groups say the government is dominated by Muslim Brotherhood. The opposition also accuses Morsi of deviating from the 2011 revolution that toppled the Western-backed regime of Hosni Mubarak.

Morsi’s supporters, however, say the president is cleansing Egyptian institutions of corruption. They also believe he needs time to put into practice the principles of the 2011 revolution.

Egypt has witnessed continuing anti-government protests since Morsi took office in June 2012 in a landmark election held following the ouster of Mubarak.

Several Egyptian clerics and some religious circles have warned against a civil war and called on both sides to be calm.

PressTv

Edited by Noah-

Seriously what's wrong with you people?

Many people on this forum claim to want to look after "Shia interests" and yet use the politics of Mu'awiya (la) to achieve their goals. Hypothetically speaking if Iran did take this position, how is this "treason" and "being a coward"? Just because there are a few (or many) evil fools in Egypt, does that mean we should be in support of a military coup and subsequent dictatorship which will suppress a nation, just because "it fits with our interests"?

In the battle of Siffeen, Mu'awiya seized control of the river and denied access to it for Imam Ali's (as) army. When Amir al-Mo'mineen (as) secured the river, he still allowed the accursed Mu'awiya access to it, even though strategically it may have benefited Amir al-Mo'mineen (as) to deny access to this great enemy of Islam. This is the strategy of our A'immah (as), the strategy of relying on Allah and doing your taklif even when it comes to your enemies. We should all be ashamed of ourselves. For people who call ourselves Shi'at Ali, a lot of our comments seem more like Shi'at Mu'awiya...

Ahsent brother, I agree with you 100%.

It's sad how people call themselves Shia but instead of following the way of the Ehlulbeit (as) they instead follow the way of Omar and the like.

This is a classic example. When the ordinary folk think they know it all and are quick to put themselves ahead of the ones that actually do know. Us ridiculing the Supreme Leader Sayyid Khamenei and his tactics is no different then when Omar and co did the same with our beloved prophet (s) when he was in his deathbed.

Can you please tell me: What has Iran said wrong? Morsi IS the president, because he was choosen by the people, so in a  theoretical view, he is the president, but that doesn't mean, that Iran support Morsi.  

Precisely - one shouldn't support a military coup against an elected president, except in extremis.