Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sheikh Yasser Habib When He Was Young

Rate this topic

just as a small reminder:

H 14499 –From him, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Ali Bin Al-Hakam, from Hassaan, from 
Abu Ali who said: Al Kafi Volume 8 
‘I heard Abu Abdullahasws saying: ‘Do not mention our secrets opposite to what we say publicly, and do not publicise us opposite to our secrets. It suffices for you all that you should say what we say, and remain silent about what we have observed silence on. You have seen that Allah azwj Mighty and Majestic have never Kept any good for anyone from the people in opposition to us. Allah azwj Mighty and Majestic Says:(24:63) “therefore let those beware who go against his order lest a trial afflict them or there befalls upon them a painful chastisement.”

again, there is not a single hadith of any maasoum cursing and insulting in public, then what are we supposed to say and do in public?

• Advanced Member

sheikh al islam Yasser al Habib (ha) has his stance that he backs up using hadith from the imams. so far in this thread i have not seen a single member say that he is making up his claims or lying or using fake hadiths. you know why? because each person in this thread knows that he is talking the truth. those who hate him, are hating a man who is literally hated for telling the truth. what side are you on again? rejecting a man who comes to you with the truth and guidance via hadith from imams WILL affect your afterlife. this is not a game.

Not sure if he can live up to that name, shakih al islam... The brother doesnt have much aklaq nor do the people with him on that channel have great manners, not long ago one of the presenters state do shayden muqtadar al sadr and weali have to come in this time. I hope its not shakih ahamed al weali. He lacks respect even to his own shia he uses disrespectiful words and the team with him arint any better.

I still dont think the root of the issue is cursing. Cursing doesnt bring anything, its just words. He can stated Allah hum el3an fulana wa fulana without naming anyone, still sunnies salafies will kill. True its easier for yassier to curse and anyone in a civilised country can do the same but the same cant be said about people that are back home, their dealing with psycho paths that hate the kalam shia. Even if they dont curse their a target, look at iraq they kill on a daily basis, saddam hated shia, did people at his time did not curse yet got killed. Shia in afganstain pakistain etc are they cursing on a daily basis? Is their prove they got killed just because they cursed or is it purely because their shia. Look at nasrallah he prasied ashia, he called her sayad ashia, I dont see sunnies liking him or supporting him much. Even when iran and hizballah where fighting against isreal the sunni goverment did not prasie him enough, some sunnis are pure dogs they just hate shia, maybe the educated ones are the only good ones.

And not every hadaith is salahi, 50% can be made up, there are some senstive information where you wonder how could so and so even pass this message. Like when yasser talked about omar liking it from the back, you just wonder to what extent that information is correct. Theres no prove that any hadith is right or wrong. Its man written, like the bible.

Salams

H 14543A number of our companions, from Sahl Bin Ziyad, from Ismail Bin Mahraan, from Muhammad Bin Mansour Al-Khuzai’e, from Ali Bin Suweyd and Muhammad Bin Yahya, from Muhammad Bin Al-Husayn, from Muhammad Bin Ismail Bin Yazi’e, from his uncle Hamza bin Yazi’e, from Ali Bin Suweyd and Al-Hassan Biin Muhammad, from Muhammad Bin Ahmad Al-Nahdy, from Ismail Bin Mahraan, from Muhammad bin Mansour, from Ali Bin Suweyd who said:

‘I wrote to Abu Al-Hassan Musa asws whilst he asws was in the solitary confinement. I wrote asking him asws about his asws condition and about numerous matters. The answer did not come for months, then he asws answered me by an answer and this is its copy: -

So fear Allah azwj, Mighty is His azwj Mention, and single out for these matters, its deserving ones, and be cautious that you should become a reason for the calamities against the successor sasws or provoking (people) against them asws by publicizing what I asws am entrusting you with and exposing what I asws have told you to conceal, and Allah azwj Willing, you will not do this.

Firstly what I asws would like to inform you is that you should mourn for myself asws in this very night without remorse and no complaints, for what is to transpire is from what Allah azwj Mighty and Majestic has Ordained and is inevitable. So attach yourself to the Handle of the Progeny asws of Muhammad saww, and the Firmest Handle of the successor asws after the successor asws, and the submission to them asws and be pleased with what they asws say, and do not seek Religion from the ones who are not from your Shiites, and do not love their Religion, for they are traitors who have betrayed Allah azwj and His azwj Rasool saww, and betrayed their trusts. And do you know how they betrayed their trusts? They were entrusted with the Book of Allah azwj so they distorted it and changed it, and evidenced it upon the rulers among them. So stay away from them. Allah azwj has Made them to Taste the clothing of the hunger, and the fear due to what they had done.

And you asked about two men (Abu Bakr and Umar) who usurped the wealth of a man which he used to spend upon the poor and the needy and the traveller in need, and in the Way of Allah azwj. So when they usurped that, they were not happy until they made him carry it unwillingly upon his ride to their own homes. When they undertook to be in charge of its spending, and so reached infidelity by doing that. By my asws life, they had become hypocrites before that and rejected against Allah azwj His azwj Words, and mocked at His azwj Rasool saww, and they were both infidels. May Allah azwj Curse them, and the Angels, and the people altogether.

By Allah azwj, the ‘Eman’ (belief) did not enter into the heart of any one of them since their coming out from their condition (Kufr), and it did not increase them in anything except for doubts. They were deceivers, sceptical, hypocrites until they both died and the Angels of Punishment took them to the place of disgrace in the eternal abode.

And you asked about those who were in the presence of that man whilst he was usurping his wealth and placed it upon his ride, and there were among them who knew about it and denied it. So those (Abu Bakr and Umar) are the first apostates from this community, and so may the Curse of Allah azwj and the Angels and all the people be upon them.

Kafi Vol 8 

again, proving how Imam Ali (as) himself logically asked us to keep these things for ourselves. notice that even though this hadith is addressed to one of the shias, imam ali does not even mention the "2" by name! 

anybody who follows the ways of ahl bayt will follow their ways. as simple as that!

• Advanced Member

PS, all that you mentioned as nothing to do with Open tabarra, everything has a context, time, place etc. There are times when taqiyya is waajib, other times mustahab, other times makruh and haraam even etc. 

Sister AB_313, well to be honest with you, I think people should honestly watch some of his lectures in full and they'll actually realise he's trying to be compassionate with the 'sunnis'  and trying to guide them as opposed to just cursing all day as people are claiming. Doing tabarra does not mean one has bad akhlaaq because then that is us assuming what akhlaaq is.

As much as celebrating the deaths of Allah's enemies sounds off in this day & age, we have to ask, is it actually specifically haraam to do such a thing? For example, we hear of death anniversaries being celebrated by non-Muslims even like that of Margret Thatcher or Osama bin Laden. 

Watch this for example, taken a few years ago where he addresses his speech to both shias/sunnis alike: 

No one is saying to go up to sunnis & to openly starting cursing front of them, no, but to rather talk to them about these things and be no hesitant in speaking on it because every one of us (Not just Sheikh Yassir) has a responsibiity regarding this & not just to say 'Lets unite & forget about ' because true unity can never be established under falsehood. If we want unity then it must be under the two weighty things that the Prophet (saws) ordered us to follow.

Edited by Labbayk

• Advanced Member

PS, all that you mentioned as nothing to do with Open tabarra, everything has a context, time, place etc. There are times when taqiyya is waajib, other times mustahab, other times makruh and haraam even etc. 

Sister AB_313, well to be honest with you, I think people should honestly watch some of his lectures in full and they'll actually realise he's trying to be compassionate with the 'sunnis'  and trying to guide them as opposed to just cursing all day as people are claiming. Doing tabarra does not mean one has bad akhlaaq because then that is us assuming what akhlaaq is.

Watch this for example, taken a few years ago: 

Who are the other people you are replying to, since you state my name by itself? Just curious, because only part of your response was to me.

I'm taking Akhlaq classes, and they don't teach us to act in such a manner. I have seen some of his video's (in full), some of them have been good, whilst other's have been over-the-top (near tyrannical in mannerism's).

I am sure his overall goal is to create awareness, Mash2Allah, which I why I wont criticize him. I just don't like and/or appreciate his approach, and I've stated why I don't like them. If you like him, that is your choice, which is perfectly fine with me, I just don't like some of the thing's he says publically, which has caused a lot of turmoil in the Islamic world.

Many say, well he speaks the Truth; but again, there is a way to convey your message. And yes, he has had some very reflective and amazing lecture's, but when it comes to his Akhlaq, there should be some consistency. If you don't try to improve your teaching style, or be consistent with your mannerism's; people wont take you too seriously (or what you teach).

I hope this clarifies my point-of-view.

It is only my opinion B)

Thank you for offering your opinion's as well ;)

Your Sister in Faith,

(wasalam) AB313

there has never been a time to openly curse and insult them by any of the maasoums, so nobody other than the imam al zaman himself has the right to change that.

there is not a single hadith showing the maasoumeen cursing or insulting them in public.

Sayed Kamal Haydari does a lot for our religion, he doesn't use bad akhlaq like Yaser and is able to put his point across well. Yaser abuses the caliphs of both good and bad Sunnis, and as a result even the good Sunnis start to think Shia don't have manners. 

Here's Sayed Ammar Nakhshawani denouncing Yaser Habib's childish insults: 

• Advanced Member

brother burning the quran is not an insult, the way to dispose of the quran is either to bury it or burn it. it is only simple minded muslims (the sort that burn down buildings when they see a picture of the prophet) who could get offended by this.

I didn't really read much on this thread, was skimming and saw this part of your comment, just thought I would quickly mention something (it's totally unrelated to the thread discussion, I don't say this to argue pro or anti anyone, just pointing something out)

I am not sure if in our fiqh it is allowed to dispose of the Qur'an by burning it or not. Regardless, sayyid sistani condemned what that pastor wanted to do

The related part of the quote:

Ahlul Bayt News Agency; Iraq's top Shia cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani has condemned plans by a US pastor to burn copies of Islam's holy book of Quran.

"We denounce the assault on the Holy Quran and stress the importance of not letting this occur," he said in a statement released on Thursday night.

The cleric also stressed that Muslims around the world should not react to the US pastor's insulting move in a violent manner.

"We urge Muslims, wherever they are, to exercise the utmost restraint," dpa quoted the cleric as saying.

http://www.abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&Id=203403

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I noticed that the ulema from sunni school of thought recommend burning the Holy Quran as a way to dispose it. Astaghfirullah.

Edited by wayfarer.

• Veteran Member

I became a Shi'a after listening to his lectures.

When I was a Sunni, the reason for the Shi'a hate was because of "Khamenei and Nasrollat".

I had never heard of him until I started investigating Tashayyu.

Sunnis attack Shi'as because of taqiyyah.

There is absolutely no evidence that he is MI5

Most of your arguments are therefore invalid. Try again.

I fear that you are probably lying. The average Sunni prior to the Syrian civil war was very pro Khameni and Hassan Nasrullah. If anything it was teh agents of the west who hated them. Sort of indicates what your origins are

Edited by A true Sunni

• Veteran Member

Astaghfirullah. I am not lying. Which part do you think I am lying about? :mellow:

If you are not lying then I fear that you probably have a chemical imbalance in ur brain which gives you delusions so you can no longer distinguish between truth and falsehood.

• Advanced Member

I still dont think the root of the issue is cursing. Cursing doesnt bring anything, its just words.

He can stated Allah hum el3an fulana wa fulana without naming anyone, still sunnies salafies will kill. True its easier for yassier to curse and anyone in a civilised country can do the same but the same cant be said about people that are back home, their dealing with psycho paths that hate the kalam shia. Even if they dont curse their a target,

People don't like Yassir Habib because of his open tabarra. If Yassir Habib didn't curse/send lanah openly to the enemies of Ahl al bayt then the Sunnis/Shias wouldn't be after him like this. Also, another group of people don't like him because he also reveals a lot of dirty secret about the sorry state of the Shias Ulamas.

Currently, Yassir Habib is living in a civilized country, but that wasn't always the case. Don't you know he had to get out from Kuwait because they cannot stand him speaking out against the enemies of ahl al bayt. Thank god, he's in a place where he doesn't need to fear for his life and can say anything that is on his mind.

The murderers Salafis/Wahabis are going to kill Shias no matter what. Today they have a perfect opportunity to show to the world how evil the Shias are by looking at the Iranian supports for Basher al-Assad.

Edited by Gypsy

does not change fact that he is following traditions that are away from the imams al maasoumeen. with his ways he is actually doing tabara from the shia way.

he is in no way safer in UK than imam ali (as) was during the time of his reign and also after the battle of the camel.

speaking ones mind must be within limits set by benchmark of our imams, otherwise it's innovation from the way of ahl bayt.

interesting that people would refer to colonialist, empire, zionist supporting, wahabi backing, takfiri granting country as "civilized". I guess people who think they are civilized will find it evil when one backs people fighting wahabi zio takfiris.

civilized like the MI5 , CIA and Mosaad !! just like SAVAK was !! civilized indeed .. NOT

By "targeting the beloved caliphs of all Sunnis", do you mean citing and refering to well documented ahadith in shii'i as well as sunni sources?
You use the word beloved very losely. Why don't you apply the same principle on refraining from cursing Iblees, when there are people who's toes you might trample on when cursing their "Beloved Satan"? namely Yazeedis. Your way of reasoning is flawed beacuse you attach caution simply because there is a significant amount of people who revere certain personalities, regardless of their heinous, well documented crimes. 

Accepted.

Thiqatul Islam al-Kulayni and Sheikh al-Ta’ifa al-Tusi (May Allah be pleased with them) on the authority of al-Hussain Bin Thuayr and Abu Salamah al-Sarraj who said: “We have heard Abu Abdullah (peace be upon him) laying curse upon four men and four women after each obligatory prayer, Fulan, Fulan, Fulan and Muawiya – he used to mention them by name – Fulana, Fulana, Fulana, Hind and Ummul Hakam sister of Muawiya”.

‘When you after me find people of bid’ah (innovation) and doubt/suspicion, do baraa- (disassociation) from them and increase your condemnation (sabihim), words and opposition to and evidence against them (baahitoohum) so they may not become greedy to bring fasaad (corruption) to Islam. You must warn people against them and against learning their bid’ah (innovations). Allah will reward you for this and will raise you darajaat (positions) in the next life.’”

Do you actually comprehend this as merely tabarra, which in it's original form is ones personal dissasociation? This hadith stresses the order of performing  vocal and public condemnation of individuals who carry the qualities of Bidah. The second usurper with his catalogue of innovations fits like a glove into this hadith. 

The immediate gain is that we're swaying the hearts of the faint hearted people who need to see the true nature of things and the different realities that the two opposite schools of thought represent.

Ugh, I wrote an entire response on your weak 'rebuttal,' but my page crashed and self closed. Anyways, I'll shorten up what I had written down.

1. Cursing on the pulpit is the sunnah of Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan when he instituted the cursing of our first Imam  (as). The Ahlul Bayt never cursed the first 3 caliphs or RasulAllah's (pbuh) wives on the pulpit, rather, they condemned them. For instance, when Imam 'Ali (as) said Abu Bakr usurped what is rightfully his, never cursed him. The hadith which you stated in your previous response is condemnation, not cursing or reviling other prominent figures.

2. Challenge 1: failed. When I said show me a hadith of the Ahlul Bayt cursing during their prayers, I meant the way YH curses the first 3 caliphs and the Prophet's wives by name in Qunut and Tashahud. Watch 6:25 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvf7Cea33tw. The hadith which I knew before hand was after the Salah/prayer, when it is encouraged to recite Du'as and such. Even Ziyarat Ashura doesn't name the first 3 caliphs while the curses are meant for them, even though the Ziyarah is meant to be recited amongst a Shi'i gathering, Masjid, etc.

3. Yazidis worship the fire, the sun, and who knows what. They are not Muslims. They praise the devil which they believe to have hundreds/thousands of eyes and is in a form of bird as an idol. The Yazidis do not worship the same Satan the Muslims, Christians, or Jews curse, there is no argument here. You should really stop blindly following Yasser Habib's 'lectures' as they are not 100% accurate. I remember this "Yazidi devel worship" argument of his.

4. As you could not bring me a hadith stating the Ahlul Bayt cursed the first 3 caliphs/the Prophet's wives in their prayers, I'll put forth a simpler challenge, rather, a question. Where exactly did Yasser Habib get his degree of scholar status from? Has this school received recognition from Najaf or Qumm? 

5. You never answered my question: why did Allah (azwj) forbid cursing of the pagans false God even though the Muslims knew they were false? How is this case any different? The Muslims did condemn the idols, but teaching through Akhlaq is what converted most of the pagans to Islam. 

(salam)

• Veteran Member

2. Challenge 1: failed. When I said show me a hadith of the Ahlul Bayt cursing during their prayers, I meant the way YH curses the first 3 caliphs and the Prophet's wives by name in Qunut and Tashahud. Watch 6:25 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvf7Cea33tw. The hadith which I knew before hand was after the Salah/prayer, when it is encouraged to recite Du'as and such. Even Ziyarat Ashura doesn't name the first 3 caliphs while the curses are meant for them, even though the Ziyarah is meant to be recited amongst a Shi'i gathering, Masjid, etc.

Some one notice in youtube comment, about what happening in 4:17. Do you notice something ? Is it human head doing sujjud in front of someone who do ruku' ? What is he doing ? does he know that ? for what purpose ?

• Forum Administrators

Some one notice in youtube comment, about what happening in 4:17. Do you notice something ? Is it human head doing sujjud in front of someone who do ruku' ? What is he doing ? does he know that ? for what purpose ?

(bismillah)

(salam)

When a person is standing, the boom microphone is held up high, but when he was in ruku and in sajda, the microphone was dropped down lower to get good sound. That was the camera man's mistake to accidentally show the boom microphone.

Isn't it a usual practice that the person who is praying would untuck the end of the turban and let it drape down while he is in prayer? :unsure:

• Veteran Member

Thiqatul Islam al-Kulayni and Sheikh al-Ta’ifa al-Tusi (May Allah be pleased with them) on the authority of al-Hussain Bin Thuayr and Abu Salamah al-Sarraj who said: “We have heard Abu Abdullah (peace be upon him) laying curse upon four men and four women after each obligatory prayer, Fulan, Fulan, Fulan and Muawiya – he used to mention them by name – Fulana, Fulana, Fulana, Hind and Ummul Hakam sister of Muawiya”.

This is a VERY weak Hadith according to the scholars.

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

When a person is standing, the boom microphone is held up high, but when he was in ruku and in sajda, the microphone was dropped down lower to get good sound. That was the camera man's mistake to accidentally show the boom microphone.

Isn't it a usual practice that the person who is praying would untuck the end of the turban and let it drape down while he is in prayer? :unsure:

Yes , thank you. Eventhough, it seems as a human head, but there is a possibility it is a microphone.

I look at the size of the thing with the size of YH'head, it is fit as a human head. But I didn't/don't see the deepness of the video, so the close microphone (less than a metre) will be the same size of YH'head in 2-3 meter in front of camera, Thank you for clarifying, i can see now as i laugh to my stupidity :D

We keep blaming western intelligence agencies for Yasir's existence and all his resources, and while that's possible, what if Yasir Habib has been paid for by the Wahabis?

It suits their agenda of Shia-hate perfectly! Everything that they used to falsely claim about us, this guy has come and validated. When you debate with average Sunnis to these days, they send you Yaser's videos as 'proof' that Shias curse and abuse, etc.

Think about it, at the end of the day, we have lost and Wahabis have won due to him. It's not impossible that a third party (MI5, CIA, etc) are backers because it would fit their own of behavior too, but in this case the more simpler explanation seems to me is Wahabis, for better fodder for their propaganda purposes.

• Advanced Member

We keep blaming western intelligence agencies for Yasir's existence and all his resources, and while that's possible, what if Yasir Habib has been paid for by the Wahabis?

It suits their agenda of Shia-hate perfectly! Everything that they used to falsely claim about us, this guy has come and validated. When you debate with average Sunnis to these days, they send you Yaser's videos as 'proof' that Shias curse and abuse, etc.

Think about it, at the end of the day, we have lost and Wahabis have won due to him. It's not impossible that a third party (MI5, CIA, etc) are backers because it would fit their own of behavior too, but in this case the more simpler explanation seems to me is Wahabis, for better fodder for their propaganda purposes

وَقُل رَّبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيَاطِينِ

I can't take a guy serious when he says that there is a "well known" worm in Umars behind, that can only be soothed by being penetrated and with semen? Really? I would like to see this hadith.....

I'm sure he can spend his time more productively and talk about more important stuff. 

• Advanced Member

Don't you know he had to get out from Kuwait because they cannot stand him speaking out against the enemies of ahl al bayt. Thank god, he's in a place where he doesn't need to fear for his life and can say anything that is on his mind.

The murderers Salafis/Wahabis are going to kill Shias no matter what. Today they have a perfect opportunity to show to the world how evil the Shias are by looking at the Iranian supports for Basher al-Assad.

I am aware that the brits brought him from kuwait. Iran had a deal with bashar so they have to support him. There is no end to this killing and hate, I know sunnis that refuse to believe that salafi gangs in syria are killing innocents shia even when you show them videos.. They think its edited...

This hate for shia will not stop and I have seen sadiaa not allow people to curse the sahabs but even if we dont curse they will label iran and shirk on us and aim to kill us. Nothing is suprising from these people. Yassier was actually okay with taking bashar assad down but his hate for their sahabs is not doing him a favour. I am not sure if he works for anyone because he seems fair in his judgments for some cases.

!! civilized indeed .. NOT

Lool, your taking the word civilized to another level.

Ugh, I wrote an entire response on your weak 'rebuttal,' but my page crashed and self closed. Anyways, I'll shorten up what I had written down.

Your pc knows your writing senstive information,lool thats why it shut down the page.

Salams

• Advanced Member

This hate for shia will not stop and I have seen sadiaa not allow people to curse the sahabs but even if we dont curse they will label iran and shirk on us and aim to kill us. Nothing is suprising from these people. Yassier was actually okay with taking bashar assad down but his hate for their sahabs is not doing him a favour. I am not sure if he works for anyone because he seems fair in his judgments for some cases.

I don't see anything unusual about his hate for the Sunni Sahabas. I think it's safe to say that the Shias world wide would have no problem to openly send lanah or curse Yazid and Muawiyah. But when it comes to the main Sunni personalities, suddenly the Shias create a different ideology/approach where they cannot openly send lanah. I don't really like double standards. Things have to be consistent. If you hate one oppressor, you should hate them all. If you have no problem cursing Muawiyah and Yazid, then why do you have problem with other enemies of ahl al bayt.

Edited by Gypsy

• Advanced Member

hate them as much as you want, but if the ahl bayt didn't hate them publicly, then we have no choice but to follow. even if we don't understand the reasons behind it.

So, you are getting back to “I don't have any explanations or reasons and even if it is contradictory to our faith, we must blindly follow it.”

I'm not sure it's good to tweak our faith based on people's (Sunnis) perception about us. Most probably hating anyone (regardless if you are doing it privately or publicly) wouldn't really makes a difference in religion.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I agree with gypsy... doing open la'nat shouldn't matter in this day an age when everything is online and open anyways. If others don't want to believe that is between them and God, there is no more living in the dark for us, those days are long gone. Our practice isn't going to change no matter how many Shia they kill nor how much blame they put (although I don't entirely agree with YH all the time...).

• Veteran Member

Salam,

Whatever else he may be, ultimately Yasser Al-Habib is a fitna monger. In the end I believe he does more harm than good. I can not support nor defend him for this.

YOu forgot to mention a liar as well.

He states lies when people say that is a lie he says no its the truth and you know it you are doing Taqiyya. How can you argue with a perverse argument like that

He is scum