Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hamid Alimi Fighting In Syria?

Rate this topic

Pictures claiming to show famous iranian madah (recitor) Hamid Alimi has joined the fighting in Syria, and has taken a position participating in the defence of sayida Zainab's shrine. (note I have no way of confirming this news - as it stands it is just a rumor, however the pictures really do look like him. If its true he has officially become Madah #1 in my book).

998259_587837401261199_1615978019_n.jpg

(this picture was posted on facebook on monday) caption says:

المداح حاج حميد عليمي في مقام السيدة زينب — ‎at ‎السيدة زينب- سوريا‎.‎

(madah haj hamid alimi at the maqam of sayeda zainab (as) )

All these pictures below also posted on facebook with in the last 12 hours or so:

7741_674493152566669_638848113_n.jpg

1013538_677356382291146_1147463859_n.png

1044420_677208075639310_1174920819_n.jpg

Some of Agha Alim's most beatiful recitations:

Either these Iranians knew how to speak Arabic before the Syrian war started, or this is not true. I find it hard to believe that an Iranian learned Arabic, however similar it may be to Farsi, in 2 years and goes off to Syria to fight. This is also why I questioned the article about "4000 IRGC sent to Syria." 

• Advanced Member

Either these Iranians knew how to speak Arabic before the Syrian war started, or this is not true. I find it hard to believe that an Iranian learned Arabic, however similar it may be to Farsi, in 2 years and goes off to Syria to fight. This is also why I questioned the article about "4000 IRGC sent to Syria." 

What does knowing or not knowing Arabic have to do with pulling a trigger?

• Advanced Member

There are Iranians fighting there who are fluent in Arabic. If he is, in fact, there, he could be serving alongside them.

There are Chechens and Pakistanis fighting with the rebels who barely know a word of Arabic. There are also many non-Syrian Arab Takfiris who don't speak Syrian Arabic and can barely understand the local dialect.

Edited by Abdul Qaim

There are Iranians fighting there who are fluent in Arabic. If he is, in fact, there, he could be serving alongside them.

There are Chechens and Pakistanis fighting with the rebels who barely know a word of Arabic. There are also many non-Syrian Arab Takfiris who don't speak Syrian Arabic and can barely understand the local dialect.

How exactly does that work when they are fighting alongside predominantly Arab fighters? How do they communicate? How do they know where to attack from, or who their allies are? They can't be serving merely spray and pray.

• Advanced Member

How exactly does that work when they are fighting alongside predominantly Arab fighters? How do they communicate? How do they know where to attack from, or who their allies are? They can't be serving merely spray and pray.

I can't pretend to know precisely how it functions, but I suspect that groups of these fighters are co-ordinated by men who are bi-lingual. Obviously, you would want to concentrate people who speak the same language within the same units.

Somehow, I guess it works. Arabs fought in Afghanistan without speaking Dari or Pashtun, which were the languages spoken by most mujahideen. They did likewise in Bosnia without knowing a word of Bosniak etc. etc. 

Edited by Abdul Qaim
  • Advanced Member

Without claiming any knowledge about this particular individual, the usual practice from Carthaginian times to the present day is to group fighters of the same language into a single combat unit. Then you just have to translate orders coming down the chain of command i.e. protect this building or occupy this area. As I understand there are at least several hundred Iranians in the Abu Fadl Al Abbas brigades there are enough for a unit and it would only take one Farsi-Arabic translator, which is quite feasible.