Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
asma0401

Disabled

Rate this topic

Why are there disabled people unable to get married? For example, born with only one arm or mental retardation? They're not able to get married.

Who says 1 armed people dont get married? O.o

Also, i know that there are people with Downs Syndrome that marry, although i dont know how common it is. Often people with mental retardation have others (carers and authorities) heavily involved in their lives and making decisions for them like parents do a child. Its somewhat of a tricky area really because as a person whose taken on responsibility for their welfare, you have to balance the reality of their impairments with their rights to a life like any other adult, which would include the possibility of marriage and children (ive seen docu's exploring issues along these lines).

Edited by Ruq

39619_358.jpg

39618_182.jpg

39621_710.jpg

39622_253.jpg

39623_566.jpg

They do.

Are these pictures real? How is he using his foot to vaccuum and eat? Where did you find these pictures?

What about people who are possessed or victims of black magic. Do they get married? I guess people who don't marry will meet their spouse in the hereafter.

Edited by asma0401

Are these pictures real? How is he using his foot to vaccuum and eat? Where did you find these pictures?

What about people who are possessed or victims of black magic. Do they get married? I guess people who don't marry will meet their spouse in the hereafter.

yes these pictures are real.

a man by name of Ahmad and a woman by name of Fatima. they both live in kahrizak charity foundation , tehran.

http://mansoreh.akkasee.com/15166

Those inflicted with black magic can reverse the spell inshaAllah by reciting Surah Al Nas and Surah Al Falaq. Do this from the heart with intent for Allah SWT to help remove such spells.

watch  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfsoL7UyziY for more help with black magic.

Ya Hussain!

Who says 1 armed people dont get married? O.o

(salam)

That's what I was thinking, I personally know people with one arm whom are married and settled with children. I can understand that some people may discriminate against such people but my thinking is you wouldn't want to get married to a close-minded person who can't look past that in the first place..

This is one of the instances where arranged marriages sell people short.  It is very hard, at least in my opinion, to look past the fact that someone may be disabled and see them for their intellect and inner beauty.  Even if they aren't disabled, but just very ugly, most people would rather look elsewhere than take the chance to get to know them.  I know some Christian friends that are good looking and married to far less good looking people, because they got to know them and fell in love with their personality and character, not their exterior shell.

disabled physically differs from disabled mentally. People who are disabled mentally to an extent where they need someone to care for them constantly are advised to not get married, or their caretakers are advised in this case. ( i think i may have heard that it would be haraam or makruh for people with an extreme mental illness, as it would do more harm than good, but I'll leave that to the pros of shiachat to determine) 

This is pretty logical, 1) the spouse would be more of a nurse than a husband/wife 2) if they were to have children, the illness could be passed on and then you'd have more people to take care of and 3) it could be argued that someone with an extreme mental illness "doesn't need to get married" meaning they do not seek the companionship those with a sound mind would. 

Furthermore, I'd like to mention that i have heard of and known couples that are mentally disabled to a mild extent. They seemed to be doing well under their parents' supervision. If they are able to, then I don't see why not.