Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ibtihaal

Men And Girls Weight

Rate this topic

salaamun alaykum

well.. do guys rlly mind girls weight or no? i mean before marriage. for example : if a girl is 85kgs and she is about 20 -22 yrs old.. what do guys think about it? what s important for them, being religious or slim fit?

I think it depends on the culture, for example Egyptian are known to fancy fat girls. However if you run into a guy who grew up in the west and was influenced by western media he might be a little less forgiving on the weight issue. 

salaamun alaykum

well.. do guys rlly mind girls weight or no? i mean before marriage. for example : if a girl is 85kgs and she is about 20 -22 yrs old.. what do guys think about it? what s important for them, being religious or slim fit?

Depends on the height and if her weight defines her outlook. So if she is 5'2" and 85 kilo, she is going to look like a huge ball of meat. If she is 5'9" and the same weight then she's going to look rounded and fine. A guy of 6'X" will suit her not a short one.

Religiosity and weight doesn't have to be mutually exclusive so the point is moot.

Depends on the height and if her weight defines her outlook. So if she is 5'2" and 85 kilo, she is going to look like a huge ball of meat. If she is 5'9" and the same weight then she's going to look rounded and fine. A guy of 6'X" will suit her not a short one.

Religiosity and weight doesn't have to be mutually exclusive so the point is moot.

Well if you follow 1/3 food, 1/3 liquid, and 1/3 air it does.....unless she has a thyroid problem or is on cortisone and all swollen because of it.

It depends on a lot of things. Taste and height have been mentioned. Also, where the weight goes makes a difference. In general, men look for a woman who have a healthy weight and live a healthy lifestyle. It is a part of what they are attracted to in a woman by nature - men subconsciously look for a woman who is healthy enough to carry his offspring. Men also look for someone they can have influence over, and so most will marry a woman who is shorter than them, lighter than them in weight, not as strong as them physically and emotionally, etc. Men also seek a woman they can achieve. If they themselves are that weight or over, they'll maybe be more flexible in seeking a heavier woman. Just as women have certain preferences in men (like height and weight too) men do too.

And yes, how healthy you look is usually directly related to your faith. The believer does not over-eat and over-drink. The believer is not lazy. The believing male is also instructed to be strong, and the believing female is instructed to do what she could to please her husband.

I have an average height and weight for an Arab I think, and I grew up in the West. So if I'm a reference - I'd prefer my wife be much less than the 85kg you mentioned - particularly if she were shorter than me. Different people have different tastes.

Edited by Qa'im

Pardon? 1/3 of what does what?

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52056-wasting-food/?p=664870

(bismillah) 

Imam Ja'far Sadiq  (as): “As for the three pieces of advice on self-discipline – firstly do not eat that which you have no appetite for, for this brings about idiocy and stupidity. Secondly do not eat unless you are hungry. And thirdly when you do eat, eat only that which is lawful (Halal) and begin in the Name of Allah, and remind yourself of the tradition of the Prophet : ‘There is no vessel that man fills worse than his own stomach’. So if you must fill it, then allow one third of it for food, another third for drink, and keep the last third for air."

For most men, their wife is the ugliest, most worthless woman in the world. If you want to prepare yourself for marriage, learn how to go through/ recover from heart break after every few days. 

Isn't that refreshing

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52056-wasting-food/?p=664870

(bismillah) 

Imam Ja'far Sadiq  (as): “As for the three pieces of advice on self-discipline – firstly do not eat that which you have no appetite for, for this brings about idiocy and stupidity. Secondly do not eat unless you are hungry. And thirdly when you do eat, eat only that which is lawful (Halal) and begin in the Name of Allah, and remind yourself of the tradition of the Prophet : ‘There is no vessel that man fills worse than his own stomach’. So if you must fill it, then allow one third of it for food, another third for drink, and keep the last third for air."

Ok thank you. But I think that still doesn't mean that a person's religiosity can be measured by looking if she adheres to the advice in this hadith. There are religious and non-religious people who may or may not follow good diet.

For most men, their wife is the ugliest, most worthless woman in the world. If you want to prepare yourself for marriage, learn how to go through/ recover from heart break after every few days. 

That is a gross generalization. Maybe due to bad personal experience but it's a gross generalization nonetheless.

Edited by Rashida

There are religious and non-religious people who may or may not follow good diet.

And also happiness doesn't have to with healthy diet. People hundred or two hundred years ago had a not so healthy diet which people have today and lived on average 10 years less. But they were happier than people today. At least I believe that :Hijabi:

Healthy diet is not everything in life.

And also happiness doesn't have to with healthy diet. People hundred or two hundred years ago had a not so healthy diet which people have today and lived on average 10 years less. But they were happier than people today. At least I believe that :Hijabi:

Healthy diet is not everything in life.

People weren't exactly happier.....they just didn't expect to be happy like the spoiled brats of today.

Depends on the guy, some like all shapes and some like skin bone. Being overlly big is not wanted by many and if they are influenced by the media then they will like slim or curvy.

Asians like super slim or just slim, arabs like a bit of this and that,so curves in the right place. Just an observation..