Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Wizdom

Mohammed Taqvi

Rate this topic

(salam)

I just came across this fellow:

Now, I haven't watched any of his videos, but just in case he has any fans:

http://youtu.be/bQlRWKcn4-Q

http://youtu.be/acstiRvV__M

http://youtu.be/Trq8GtI2jJU

All on the same youtube channel, so he clearly isn't ashamed of his poor rapping skills.

Anyhow, I thought i'd nip it in the bud, before he wears an Amama or something.

Is the first guy Welsh do you think? kinda sounds a bit Welshy. Not that thats a bad thing mind you, im quite a fan of the Welsh accent, although it never seems to command much authority.

A brother warned us about him, in which i responded that you were an idiot for doing so, however i take my comments back if any one comes across them, this man should not be given any public platform, hes an embarrassment to our faith and gives us the worst of images, he constantly assaults any one of other madhabs by saying debate me at any given oppertunity and spews out filth, he posts the most pathetic "exposing" pictures of people even shia if they disagree with him, the purpose being for his stupid fan base to give him a like on facebook, one can only get goosebumps at the patheticness of it all, furthermore hes a terrible "rapper"

You can make as many posts and blogs about me, it doesnt make a difference, this is what I expect from Fadlullah followers lol Yes I make raps and yes I use Music so what? When people like Mulla Ali Fadhil and On the D Make videos you dont say anything but automatically criticise me lol hypocrisy at its peak :) Carry on doing this, you are making me more famous :D mwah xxx Bar Umar Lanat 

come on now ladies. yes hes not fit to represent our faith, but no need to make too much of a big deal about it. his actions seem like he likes attention Allahul A3lam. Just make people aware, they will see his social network profiles and they can decide for themselves, nothing more to be said really.

You can make as many posts and blogs about me, it doesnt make a difference, this is what I expect from Fadlullah followers lol Yes I make raps and yes I use Music so what? When people like Mulla Ali Fadhil and On the D Make videos you dont say anything but automatically criticise me lol hypocrisy at its peak :) Carry on doing this, you are making me more famous :D mwah xxx Bar Umar Lanat 

Yeah, but there is a fundamental difference between you and OnTheD. They can actually rap. You can't.

Furthermore, neither OnTheD nor Ali Fadhil give Islamic lectures. People like you need to be exposed early on, before you can do any damage.

What has Syed FadhlAllah got to do with anything?

Edited by Wizdom

Wa alaikum assalam. 

Wizdom, what kind of damage are you talking about (that he should be 'exposed')? The music?

I met him in-person and although he's not the most restrained person around (on the ShiaChat scale, he would probably fall somewhere between kadhim and macisaac), he didn't sound as as extreme as it would seem from some of the posts on this and the other thread. 

Wa alaikum assalam. 

Wizdom, what kind of damage are you talking about (that he should be 'exposed')? The music?

I met him in-person and although he's not the most restrained person around (on the ShiaChat scale, he would probably fall somewhere between kadhim and macisaac), he didn't sound as as extreme as it would seem from some of the posts on this and the other thread. 

Salaams,

All this 'Bakri' and 'Muqassir' talk; insulting Maraji'; it's always a downward spiral. Also, what kind of Islamic speaker 'raps'? I just feel that it's important that people are made aware of him before he becomes more popular. Before we know it, he'll be wearing an Amama and spouting nonsense. Individuals of dubious character should never be given platforms where they can influence.

Wa alaikum assalam, yes I agree about the name-calling (like 'bakris', I wish he avoided that temptation), and he's not someone who I'd expect to see as a mujtahid one day, he's like an average person in this sense. But other than that do you see no place for more forceful speakers like him? He's got great refutation videos for both Wahabi- and Yasir Habib-type extreme ideologies, for example about wiping feet in Wudhu not washing them, sticking to the two testimonies not adding the third, etc)

I'd much rather listen to calmer speakers like Sheikh Hamza Sodagar than Ammar Naqshwani, but I don't think brother Ammar should be stopped from speaking. 

And I sincerely don't see rapping as inherently wrong brother, there's some especially good poetry like the late brother Ali Moaddel's (may God grant him peace): 

Edited by aliasghark

Didn't Tawhidi say Ali = Allah? Shirk is one of the very few sins that God doesn't forgive, so just because someone doesn't have awesome manners or sins (how many of us can claim to have never sinned?) it doesn't make them a Tawhidi-like lost cause. 

Ali, not all music is haram, some mild forms are ok. It's a bit of a grey area with some scholars being ok with more and others less (or perhaps more accurately they define what's not ok in different ways), but as far as I know nobody says all music sounds have to be avoided. 

So you admit to using music and still have the audacity to use your tongue about the message of Rasoolullah Saww and hit out at others sinning? Whats Sayyed Fadlullah got to do with anything? Are you stalking us all to know we dont speak out against OntheD and Ali Fadhill or something? I dont see the hypocrisy, point it out. You seem to enjoy the fame bro as pointed out in the attempt of getting dem Likes on facebook, to be fair you sound a bit like that crackpot tawhidi about fame and hate, sending lanat on umar or saying ali ali ali after everything you say doesnt demonstrate your supreme love and hate for the sake of Allah. If you actually want solid advice from the people you want to be appealing to, calm your self from liking pictures of females on your facebook, dont trash talk brothers when they private message you and then screen print it and "expose" them, stop challenging people to debates and saying your craving to debate it makes you sound immature and gives an auro of arrogance and ignorance at the same time. Stop saying stupid comments to the laymen of other sects, your comments alone, people could conclude that those very words will probably turn them away from EVER coming to haqq, so do your self a favour bro and pick up your presentation or youll never be taken seriously, neither now or in the future.

(salam)

Ahsant! Well said, brother.

Edited by Crescent

So you admit to using music and still have the audacity to use your tongue about the message of Rasoolullah Saww and hit out at others sinning? Whats Sayyed Fadlullah got to do with anything? Are you stalking us all to know we dont speak out against OntheD and Ali Fadhill or something? I dont see the hypocrisy, point it out. You seem to enjoy the fame bro as pointed out in the attempt of getting dem Likes on facebook, to be fair you sound a bit like that crackpot tawhidi about fame and hate, sending lanat on umar or saying ali ali ali after everything you say doesnt demonstrate your supreme love and hate for the sake of Allah. If you actually want solid advice from the people you want to be appealing to, calm your self from liking pictures of females on your facebook, dont trash talk brothers when they private message you and then screen print it and "expose" them, stop challenging people to debates and saying your craving to debate it makes you sound immature and gives an auro of arrogance and ignorance at the same time. Stop saying stupid comments to the laymen of other sects, your comments alone, people could conclude that those very words will probably turn them away from EVER coming to haqq, so do your self a favour bro and pick up your presentation or youll never be taken seriously, neither now or in the future.

Yes Brother I can see what you mean. I am very immature and I do a lot of silly things which I shouldn't But please instead of trying to expose me and creating threads of ShiaChat saying I should be banned from Pulpits and People should stay away from me etc...Wouldn't it have been much better if you messaged me directly and said You don't like my presentation and the way I approach things..That would have been the Islamic thing to do and I would have taken your advice on board and InshAllah could have changed certain things about me that would inshAllah in the future help me become a better person and a better refuter and debater!!!! 

Salaams,

All this 'Bakri' and 'Muqassir' talk; insulting Maraji'; it's always a downward spiral. Also, what kind of Islamic speaker 'raps'? I just feel that it's important that people are made aware of him before he becomes more popular. Before we know it, he'll be wearing an Amama and spouting nonsense. Individuals of dubious character should never be given platforms where they can influence.

I will stop all this Bakri and Muqassar talk..And if I do wear an Amamah in the future I will have studied in a Hawza for several years which would change me and I wouldn't be doing all these childish things but inshAllah I will take all the criticisms on board and inshAllah work to make myself a better person with all your duas :) Thank You. Ma'Salama

expose his sins in public? he does that himself, face book isnt  a private affair last time i checked

i didnt know bout many of the things mentioned in this thread and im sure others didnt do. not everyone has stalked on his profile or has him as a friend on fb or w.e.

i didnt know bout many of the things mentioned in this thread and im sure others didnt do. not everyone has stalked on his profile or has him as a friend on fb or w.e.

If you noticed the brother took it on the chin in a positive manner and thats basically the end of it

I will stop all this Bakri and Muqassar talk..And if I do wear an Amamah in the future I will have studied in a Hawza for several years which would change me and I wouldn't be doing all these childish things but inshAllah I will take all the criticisms on board and inshAllah work to make myself a better person with all your duas :) Thank You. Ma'Salama

That's great, but you should have thought about all this beforehand.

So should have everyone who makes a sin/mistake. Just give it a rest, except for he goes on with that.

I'm not talking about any 'sins', I wouldn't know about that. His 'rap' is still on his youtube channel. Is it proper for an Islamic speaker to be rapping over beats?

And Islamic speakers of all people should take more care to ensure that their public image is not tarnished. 

taqvi i'm impressed! other speakers would hav brushed the criticism aside. u said the right thing. now jus clean up ur public image and ..... keeps the sins private. take away all the haraam likes etc from your fb. make urself look decent and dont be with dem malangs. preach bruv but keep it clean!!!!!

Bismillah... I hope Wizdom will be on talking terms with me after this :) 

Brother, such beats and music may or may not be ok, as you and I know there's disagreement over the limits which can be discussed, but it's hard to listen to criticism of music from someone who's made a thread like this one:

You might reply that such music should still not be combined with Islamic lyrics, but I'd ask why not when it's halal and point out that most of our recitations, celebrations, etc do involve some rhythm, tones, and 'beats' so what's the exact definition of haram music, where is the precise line... and we'll be stuck in a pretty futile discussion. Unless we can say with 100% certainty that his music is haram, why not give him the benefit of doubt? 

Why don't links post these days... I meant this one. 

Bismillah... I hope Wizdom will be on talking terms with me after this :)

Brother, such beats and music may or may not be ok, as you and I know there's disagreement over the limits which can be discussed, but it's hard to listen to criticism of music from someone who's made a thread like this one:

You might reply that such music should still not be combined with Islamic lyrics, but I'd ask why not when it's halal and point out that most of our recitations, celebrations, etc do involve some rhythm, tones, and 'beats' so what's the exact definition of haram music, where is the precise line... and we'll be stuck in a pretty futile discussion. Unless we can say with 100% certainty that his music is haram, why not give him the benefit of doubt? 

Why don't links post these days... I meant this one. 

Salaams,

Of course we will! I embrace the discussion of ideas.

I'm not against rapping or music, within a Halal capacity of course. What i'm against is an Islamic speaker rapping. I don't expect to see someone who is representing Ahl al-Bayt to be making music.

Salaams,

Of course we will! I embrace the discussion of ideas.

I'm not against rapping or music, within a Halal capacity of course. What i'm against is an Islamic speaker rapping. I don't expect to see someone who is representing Ahl al-Bayt to be making music.

Wa alaikum assalam. Phew! Haha 

But why not, if it's halal why shouldn't they do it? I did hear scholars say that one of the eligible conditions of the person (Imam) to lead prayers is that he shouldn't be engaged in activities which don't suit someone of that stature, that although such things may not be haram for average people, the Imam should keep away from them. Maybe you have a similar rule or principle in mind? (or just holding speakers to a higher standard?)