Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abbas.

Shiachat Competition

Rate this topic

Well, in case of videos some sisters won't (be able to) participate. In case of cooking some brothers won't (be able to) participate. And similarly in case of photography still some people, most of them sisters, won't (be able to) participate. Perhaps we should hold a poetry, debate or tabarra competition over ventrillo or teamspeak? That will add social cohesion as well imo.

You dont have to be in the video anyways. but videos are a good idea, they can be broken up into categories in terms of allowing both sisters and brotehrs to participate and those uncomfortable with being on camera, so it can include creative clips, short films, cartoons, tutorials etc. anything video related.

Suggestions:

Photography

Best art/drawing

islamic calligraphy

creative video (can include cartoons, short films, clips etc.)

best written piece (short story, poem etc.)

I would mind being a judge :P

On 6/19/2013 at 6:23 PM, ireallywannaknow said:

Making a video doesn't mean I have to be in it, does it? I thought you meant creative videos. 

Ofcourse, no. You can create all sorts of creative videos. Refer to floatings post.

Some examples from past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWmTWcDmUXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aiIDMCNfWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZTPRkjgEr8

How about  a competition where,

who can survive jumping of a sky s c r a p e r  with no aid. ( rope/parachute/gliding/wings/balloons etc,?..... )

I am so up for it.

Edited by D3v1L

On 6/20/2013 at 0:36 PM, Kamranistan said:

(salam)

Bring it on.

P.S. can you do it as a group?

Sure, but we will only acknowledge and send gifts to the main entrant.

On 6/20/2013 at 2:00 PM, Gotham said:

will we allow everyone to participate, or just advanced members/members with over 500 posts?

Members with 50 posts and above should be able to participate however the team can use ip addresses and other means to track multiple accounts & submissions. If we find that someone is cheating, we'll disqualify them.

On 6/21/2013 at 4:26 AM, inshaAllah said:

Sure, but we will only acknowledge and send gifts to the main entrant.

Members with 50 posts and above should be able to participate however the team can use ip addresses and other means to track multiple accounts & submissions. If we find that someone is cheating, we'll disqualify them.

Alright so the video can be about anything? Can it be short film on some Islamic based story line? Is there a time limit?

Alright so the video can be about anything? Can it be short film on some Islamic based story line? Is there a time limit?

Yes, yes and no. Although I'd reccommend keeping it short & interesting. Your idea is constructive but make sure that it grabs viewers attention.