Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Disrespecting Sunni Sahaba

Rate this topic

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alternatively, Sunnis could just stop killing everyone who disagrees with them. 

If you want us to kiss your foreheads and tell you to keep killing away, then you need a reality check..Why should we when you people never even stand up against your governments whom are oppressing a

Holding any opinion about a Sunni sahabi based on historical evidences found in even the Sunni books is not disrespect or reality nor will it change anything whether they are glorified or demonized. I

Posted Images

Alhamdolillah

1/3 of the Shi'a religion is nothing but cursing and sending lanats

Take it easy. and Our dear friend Hussain abbas is not Sunni.

And please don't make a false statement, because you cannot

provide such stastics to prove your point. We could say the

same thing to you. Please no need to start a baseless argument

My dear friend.

salam

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

ABU BAKR IS GIVEN A TITLE OF SIDDIQUE WHICH MEANS TRUTHFUL AND WHO NEVER TELLS A LIE . WAS HE REALLY TRUTHFUL . I READ IT SOMEWHERE WITH AHLE SUNNAH REFERENCE THAT ABU BAKR IN HIS FIRST TRADE EXPEDITION TO SHAAM (SYRIA) HE INTRODUCED HIMSELF AS A HASHIMITE TRADER 

EVERY ONE KNOWS THAT HIS CHAIN OF LINEAGE GOES BACK TO MURRAH AFTER WHICH ONE BRANCH REACHES TO HAZRAT ABDUL MUTTALIB , HAZRAT HASHIM (a s) THE OTHER BRANCH FROM MURRAH GOES TO ABU BAKR'S FATHER ABU QAHAFAH AND THUS HIS CLAIM TO BE A HASHIMITE WAS FALSE BUT HASHIMITES THEN WERTE HAD VER GOOD REPUTATION HENCE ABU BAKR'S  FALSE CLAIM . I AM SORRY I HAVE LOST THE REFERENCE WHICH I REMEMBER WELL WAS FROM AN AHLE SUNNAH NARRATOR . IN ANY OF MY MOMIN FRIEND GIVES ME THE REFERENCE , I SHALL BE OBLIGED .

THE SECOND , A VERY SOLID PROOF INDEED WAS HIS EXTEMPORE FABRICATION OF A HADEES E NABVI WHICH HAS NO REAL EXISTANCE ANY WHERE AND WHICH CAN NOT BE BECAUSE IF THERE IS IT WILL CLASH WITH THE HOLY QORA'AN . WHILE QORA'AN TESTIFIES THAT NABIS DID RECIEVED INHERTANCE FROM NABI'S FATHER , JANAB E FATEMAH ZEHRA (SAA) HERSELF CITED KING HAZRAT SULAIMAN RECIEVING INHERITANCE FROM HIS NABI FATHER . ABU BAKAR INSISTED HE HEARD FROM RASOOL (S) '' THAT WE NABI DON'T LEAVE INHERITANCE'' . AND WHERE WILL BE INSAAF (JUSTICE) OF Allah TO LEAVE THE PROGENY OF NABI TO FEND FOR THEMSELVES .IT IS INTERESTING THAT ABU BAKR LATER REALISED HIS FOLLY , WROTE A DOCUMENT TO RESTORE FATEMAH (SAA) PROPERTY OF FADAK , BUT UMAR IBNAL KHATTAB FOUND OUT , SNATCHED AND TORE THE DOCUMENT AS IT COULD HAVE MADE THE FAMILY OF FATEMAH (SAA) VERY STRONG FINNANCIALY AS IT WAS A HUGE PROPERTY . IT IS SAID THAT UMAR'S FATHER HAD A VERY FILTHY LINEAGE OF ILLEGITIMACY , DOES NOT HIS INSULTING THE RASOOL ON HIS DEATH BED , REFUSAL TO COMPLY TO GO TO WAR AND DO NOT EVEN ATTEND THE BURIAL BUT CREATING A DRAMATIC FITNAH AT SAQIFAH PROVES THE LINEAGE STORY AS FACTUAL & TRUE ?. 

• Advanced Member

-)

Disrespecting Sahaba is an offence punishable by death in sunnis.It - may not seem civilized in an age of freedom of Expression. But the same is true about disrespecting PROPHET.]

If that's true then Bukhari and Muslim and all who attest to their sahih collection s as sahih, deserve to die. Right?
  • Veteran Member

Please explain to me this, if Abu Baqr and Umar are truly from the sahaba, why did the Prophet (pbuh) say, "لا تسبو اصحابي" while Abu Baqr and Umar were present? Does it not seem irrational and illogical that someone would tell you to not curse his friends whilst speaking to you? This could only mean one thing, that what He (pbuh) has said was directed to both of them.

• Advanced Member

Why do some Shia Muslims insist on cursing, abusing and insulting the Companions? I think it's not fine to do so. According to the verdict issued by Imam Khamenei, we shouldn't insult the Companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him and his descendants).

What do you all say?

I myself never curse them except Muavia. We shouldn’t curse those who Sunni brothers respect them cause of Muslim’s unity. But to reject sunni's reasons that say cursing is forbidden :

Sunnis believe that everyone who curse the companions of Muhammad, he is unbeliever

(Al-Kaba’er page 233)

Sunnis believe that you shouldn’t  curse companions of Muhammad ( those who visited the prophet Muhammad like Umar Abu Bakr, Osman and …) because Allah say:

لقد رضی الله عن المؤمنین اذ یبایعونک تحت الشجره فعلم ما فی قلوبهم فانزل السکینه علیهم و اثابهم فتحا قریبا

Quran 48:18Certainly was Allah pleased with the believers when they pledged allegiance to you, [O Muhammad], under the tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, so He sent down tranquility upon them and rewarded them with an imminent conquest

Does it meaning Allah give them guaranty to go to heaven? Even if some of them kill daughter of Muhammad?

Allah speak about Muhammad like this:

لو تقول علینا بعض الأقاویل لأخذنا منه الیمین ثم لقطعنا منه الوتین فما منکم من احد عنه حاجزین

Quran 69:44 And if Muhammad had made up about Us some [false] sayings,

69:45  We would have seized him by the right hand;

69:46  Then We would have cut from him the aorta.

So Allah didn’t  give guaranty to none of them even to the prophet .

They say we shouldn’t judge about them. Just Allah can judge about them. Indeed Allah have  judged about them.

"ان الذین یبایعونک انما یبایعون الله یدالله فوق ایدیهم فمن نکث فانما ینکث علی نفسه و من اوفی عاهد علیه الله فسیؤتیه اجرا عظیما"

Quran 48:10 Indeed, those who pledge allegiance to you, [O Muhammad] - they are actually pledging allegiance to Allah . The hand of Allah is over their hands. So he who breaks his word only breaks it to the detriment of himself. And he who fulfills that which he has promised Allah - He will give him a great reward.

They say we shouldn’t curse anyone but you know Allah curse some of Sahabies:

"ان الذین یؤذون الله و رسوله لعنهم الله فی الدنیا و الآخره و اعد لهم عذابا مهینا و الذین یؤذون المؤمنین و المؤمنات بغیر ما اکتسبهم فقد احتملوا بهتانا و اثما مبینا".

33:57  Indeed, those who abuse Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this world and the Hereafter and prepared for them a humiliating punishment.

33:58 And those who harm believing men and believing women for [something] other than what they have earned have certainly born upon themselves a slander and manifest sin.

And you know that

Quran 33:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often

So if Messenger of Allah did something we can do it. But there is too many hadiths that Muhammad curses someone.

"The Messenger of Allah () cursed the one who bribes and the one who takes a bribe for a judgement."

[Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1336; In-book reference : Book 15, Hadith 16]

Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said:

The Messenger of Allah () cursed the maker and wearer of a wig and the tattooer and the one who is tattooed.

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]. Sunnah.com reference : Book 18, Hadith 134; Arabic/English book reference : Book 18, Hadith 1644]

Ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said:

The Messenger of Allah () cursed those men who are effeminate, and women who imitate men.

Another narration is: The Messenger of Allah () cursed men who copy women and cursed women who copy men.[Al-Bukhari].[ Sunnah.com reference            : Book 18, Hadith 121; Arabic/English book reference    : Book 18, Hadith 1631]

So it’s permitted to curse. But is it permitted to curse bad the companions of Muhammad.

A'isha reported that two persons visited Allah's Messenger () and both of them talked about a thing, of which I am not aware, but that annoyed him and he invoked curse upon both of them and hurled malediction, and when they went out I said:

حَدَّثَنَا زُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنْ أَبِي الضُّحَى، عَنْ مَسْرُوقٍ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ دَخَلَ عَلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم رَجُلاَنِ فَكَلَّمَاهُ بِشَىْءٍ لاَ أَدْرِي مَا هُوَ فَأَغْضَبَاهُ فَلَعَنَهُمَا وَسَبَّهُمَا فَلَمَّا خَرَجَا قُلْتُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ مَنْ أَصَابَ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ شَيْئًا مَا أَصَابَهُ هَذَانِ قَالَ ‏"‏ وَمَا ذَاكِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ قُلْتُ لَعَنْتَهُمَا وَسَبَبْتَهُمَا قَالَ ‏"‏ أَوَمَا عَلِمْتِ مَا شَارَطْتُ عَلَيْهِ رَبِّي قُلْتُ اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّمَا أَنَا بَشَرٌ فَأَىُّ الْمُسْلِمِينَ لَعَنْتُهُ أَوْ سَبَبْتُهُ فَاجْعَلْهُ لَهُ زَكَاةً وَأَجْرًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Allah's Messenger, the good would reach everyone but it would not reach these two. He said: Why so? I said: Because you have invoked curse and hurled malediction upon both of them. He said: Don't you know that I have made condition with my Lord saying thus: O Allah, I am a human being and that for a Muslim upon whom I invoke curse or hurl malediction make it a source of purity and reward.

[uSC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 32, Hadith 6285; Arabic reference: Book 46, Hadith 6779]

But we shouldn’t curse those who Sunni brothers respect them cause of Muslim’s unity .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Basic Members

the debate of right or wrong is going to over, now this is matter of years. the differences between sunnis and shias are going to settle. the advancement of media is going to operate all the religions. people have started to think as to what the religions are providing to humanity? most of the resources are used to disregard the followers of other religion. the seen has changed and all the humanity is going to merge as a single family. so please stop this non scenes debate. there are other global issues to discuss which are real threats to whole humanity. we are still living in the 0 century that is why we are far behind the world. what happened in the past is no more valuable but it is important that what we may deliver to humanity. look at our past what we could give to humanity? the reply is very simple NOTHING! we just have sayings of our past heroes and nothing. so please do something practical for the mankind and play a positive role for the betterment of this globe and provide a proof that you are a human.         

• Advanced Member

During one of Imam Malik's (rahimaullah) classes, it was mentioned that there are some people who curse the Sahabah (May Allah be pleased with them all). Imam Malik recited the verse,"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah and those with him are harsh with the disbelievers and gentle among themselves. So that the disbelievers may become enraged with them." (Surah al-Fath 48, Verse 29) He then said, "Whoever becomes enraged when the sahaba are mentioned is the one about whom the verse speaks."

this verse in the Holy Quran alone is sufficient to show anyone how bad of a mistake he is making if he believes cursing and having enmity in his heart with the companions of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is a good deed Astagfirullah.

• Advanced Member

Al Khui proved that if shias want to accept this present Quran, they must believe that all Sahaba were decent and just. Because the only way they got the present Quran was because sahaba preserved it. The present Quran is called the Book of Othman because he preserved it and destroyed other copies. So if Shia think that all the sahabas, except three, turn apostate after the death of Prophet, then they must read a different Quran

in different post, you refer us to a quotation from Grand Ayatollah Khui. Could you bring the source of this quotation? and after that we will discuss about disrespecting.

Edited by Mirkhalil

in different post, you refer us to a quotation from Grand Ayatollah Khui. Could you bring the source of this quotation? and after that we will discuss about disrespecting.

al-Khu’i says in his book “al-Bayan fi Tafsir al-Qur’an” pg.216:

فإن اهتمام النبي – ص – بأمر القرآن بحفظه، وقراءته، وترتيل آياته، واهتمام الصحابة بذلك في عهد رسول الله – ص – وبعد وفاته يورث القطع بكون القرآن محفوظا عندهم، جمعا أو متفرقا، حفظا في الصدور، أو تدوينا في القراطيس، وقد اهتموا بحفظ أشعار الجاهلية وخطبها، فكيف لا يهتمون بأمر الكتاب العزيز، الذي عرضوا أنفسهم للقتل في دعوته، وإعلان أحكامه، وهجروا في سبيله أوطانهم، وبذلوا أموالهم، وأعرضوا عن نسائهم وأطفالهم، ووقفوا المواقف التي بيضوا بها وجه التاريخ، وهل يحتمل عاقل مع ذلك كله عدم اعتنائهم بالقرآن ؟ حتى يضيع بين الناس، وحتى يحتاج في إثباته إلى شهادة شاهدين ؟

[The special care of the Prophet (s) with regards to the Qur’an and its preservation, and recitation, and the special care that the Sahaba gave it in the time of the Prophet (s) and after his death, this gives us certainty that it is preserved with them, combined or separated, memorized in the breasts or written down. They took care of preserving the poetry of Jahiliyyah, so how can they not take care of the glorious book? The book that they placed their lives in danger to preach and promote its rulings, and in its cause they abandoned their lands and spent their wealth, and left their women and children, and stood in the positions that whitened the pages of history. So can a sane man possibly believe that they never took care of the Qur’an!? (…)]