Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
sayedamir2000

Why You Should Pray Salat-Ul-Layl?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam) brothers and sisters

Why Salat-ul-Layl is so important? What merits it has? Here are some of its merits:

Imam Jafar Sadiq (a.s.) quotes Imam Ali (as) as saying that the Prophet (saws) said that a person who prays Salatul-Layl gets the following twenty four kinds of benefits: 

1. Secures Allah’s pleasure.
  2. Makes friendship with Angels.
  3. Is the Sunnat of the Prophets (a.s.)
  4. Provides the means to pursue knowledge.
  5. Constitutes the root of our faith.
  6. Keeps one physically fit.
  7. Drives Shaytan away.
  8. Protects one from enemies.
  9. Serves as a means of acceptance of one’s Duas and good deeds.
  10. Increases one’s livelihood.
  11. Intercedes with the Angel of Death.
  12. Lights up the grave.
  13. Provides comfortable bedding in the grave.
  14. Helps answering with ease the questioning of Munkar and Nakir in the grave.
  15. Gives companionship in the grave.
  16. Provides shelter on the Day of Judgment.
  17. Crowns one on the Day of Reckoning.
  18. Clothes one on the Day of Resurrection.
  19. Provides one with light on the Day of Judgment.
  20. Forms a barrier against the fire of Hell.
  21. Gets Allah’s pardon on the Day of Judgment.
  22. Increases the weight of good deeds on the scale.
  23. Helps one crossing the Bridge of “Siraat” without any difficulty.
  24. Forms the key to the Paradise.

I once asked my cousin why should I pray salatul layl if i don't think im ready for that yet. Meaning if I dont think I am completing my wajib and haram to satisfaction, (no offence but) will there be any use to pray salatul layl?

I once asked my cousin why should I pray salatul layl if i don't think im ready for that yet. Meaning if I dont think I am completing my wajib and haram to satisfaction, (no offence but) will there be any use to pray salatul layl?

There's more than any use to pray salatul layl, once you have done it many times you start to understand its meaning and its core. If you are concerned about your sins then salatu layl is great opportunity for it, since one of its part is istgihfar. What comes for humbleness it also increases that. Everything depends on the intention if you don't have intention to do it then it's like a candle without light which should light the dark place. Whenever you have intention I highly recommend doing it, since with intention comes sincerity and with sincerity comes firm good deeds.

Brother you can still do your mustahab deeds/amaals while you do your wajib.

You have also good point about being ready for salatul layl. But you know it when it is time by Will of Allah (SWT).

Wallah I am not joking and I swear upon my life that as soon as I start routinely praying Salat Layl, I see small miracles in my day and everything about my life becomes better. I was a heavy sinner and the day I began praying it, my conscience did not let me do anything haraam and I immediately felt Allah (swt) all around me.

Now that I have stopped praying because I don't wake up in time, I am drifting back into the sea of sin. iA pray for me to regain my strength.

JazakAllah.

Wallah I am not joking and I swear upon my life that as soon as I start routinely praying Salat Layl, I see small miracles in my day and everything about my life becomes better. I was a heavy sinner and the day I began praying it, my conscience did not let me do anything haraam and I immediately felt Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì all around me.

Now that I have stopped praying because I don't wake up in time, I am drifting back into the sea of sin. iA pray for me to regain my strength.

JazakAllah.

(salam) brother

I'm very happy that you testified the truth and the effects of salat-ul-layl and what I have bolded in your saying is how the humbleness will start eventually building up in your soul :)

(salam) brother

I'm very happy that you testified the truth and the effects of salat-ul-layl and what I have bolded in your saying is how the humbleness will start eventually building up in your soul :)

Alaykum Salaam. What do you mean brother?

Alaykum Salaam. What do you mean brother?

Wa aleikum salam brother. What I mean is that when you keep praying salat-ul-layl as you stated you stopped doing haram acts, while you did so and felt presence of Allah (SWT) you build that humbleness in your self, as long as you keep building it (humbleness) stronger your soul start to absorb it to such level that you don't want to let it go. Its like for example a person who used to didn't care much about eating haram food but once he/she started to understand the real effect of eating haram that person starts to eat halal food only and later on that habit have grown so strong that even temptation of haram food in his/her eyes would not effect him.

Wa aleikum salam brother. What I mean is that when you keep praying salat-ul-layl as you stated you stopped doing haram acts, while you did so and felt presence of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì you build that humbleness in your self, as long as you keep building it (humbleness) stronger your soul start to absorb it to such level that you don't want to let it go. Its like for example a person who used to didn't care much about eating haram food but once he/she started to understand the real effect of eating haram that person starts to eat halal food only and later on that habit have grown so strong that even temptation of haram food in his/her eyes would not effect him.

Ahh that clarifies it. Yes I see what you mean.

It is the absolute best thing (in my opinion) that a sinner can do to get themselves back on track.

I remember a hadith about an Alim telling a person that didn't even pray his wajibaat to please wake up one day and pray Salat Layl for him. The man did so and when he looked in the mirror while doing wudhu his entire life changed and he became extremely pious. If you want the source, I can try to find it, but its really the message that matters.

Thanks for the list of benefits brother.

JazakAllah.

Ahh that clarifies it. Yes I see what you mean.

It is the absolute best thing (in my opinion) that a sinner can do to get themselves back on track.

I remember a hadith about an Alim telling a person that didn't even pray his wajibaat to please wake up one day and pray Salat Layl for him. The man did so and when he looked in the mirror while doing wudhu his entire life changed and he became extremely pious. If you want the source, I can try to find it, but its really the message that matters.

Thanks for the list of benefits brother.

JazakAllah.

That would be very great brother if you can put the link here so that also others who are interested may read it :)