Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

2013 Iran Elections (Demographic Breakdown)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I don't think the entire provincial breakdown of the 2013 Iranian Elections have been posted anywhere on the net.

I saw a portion on wikipedia of about 8 ostans/provinces, but I was wondering if anyone has an accurate source that includes all 30 provinces of Iran to see how the votes were distributed.

• Advanced Member

Interestingly, I read somewhere that Rohani's votes came substantially from the towns and villages where the people are generally more conservative and appear to have favoured Rohani - being the only cleric in the presidential race. If true this would seem to dispel the prevalent notion that this was a 'reformist victory' - notwithstanding that Rohani is more accurately described a 'centrist' anyway. Could anyone confirm from the Farsi reports?

Edited by MajiC

• Veteran Member

Interestingly, I read somewhere that Rohani's votes came substantially from the towns and villages where the people are generally more conservative and appear to have favoured Rohani - being the only cleric in the presidential race. If true this would seem to dispel the prevalent notion that this was a 'reformist victory' - notwithstanding that Rohani is more accurately described a 'centrist' anyway. Could anyone confirm from the Farsi reports?

The news from Sunday onward said the same, but also had the info that Rohani got the rural vote because he was the only cleric running.