Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali-F

I Pass Wind A Lot, And Make Wudu Over And Over

Rate this topic

Asalamu alaykum

Here is the problem. I got constipated bowel syndrome, so I pass wind a lot, not big emissions, but small ones. The biggest problem is in salah, because, when I pray, an emission comes, and I make wudu over and over.. In the ziyarah salat jamaa' it was horribel, because when I pray or before prayer, I pass wind, and make wudu and wudu. Oh my God. And the worst thing is, that I must make salah faster, because If don't, I pass wind and mus dó wudu over again. What should I do?

Edited by Muhammed Ali
Certain words were replaced to make the post more polite

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Something you can do to prevent it from happening is by going to the toilet before salah. Based on what you said, I personally think the reason why it happens is because you eat food, but it's not enough to go to the toilet, yet it's enough to make you keep producing gas.

To add, it's possible that you are producing a lot of gas, but at the same time some of it may just be shakk and so what could happen is sometimes you re-do your wudhu when there was no need to, and this just adds to the problem. It can even make it harder later on to differentiate.

shakk - This term has it's own fiqhi definition, I can't remember what it exactly is, consult a scholar.

Welcome back Ali. We sure missed your questions :)

I havent seen your posts before so I dont know if this is serious...but if it is why dont you see your GP and develop a management plan? As funny as your post is this condition would be soooooooo annoying!

I apoligise to anyone who opened the link that I attached in this post (which I have now deleted). I saw some really weird stuff after linking it! eek! sorry!

Edited by Django

Brother, the source of Shakk is the Shaytan, you have to ignore it. And to prove that there were other people who had similar queries -

عدة من أصحابنا عن أحمد بن محمد عن العباس بن عامر عن عبدالله بن بكير عن أبيه قال: قال لي أبوعبدالله (ع): إذااستيقنت أنك قد أحدثت فتوضأ وإياك أن تحدث وضوء ا أبدا حتى تستيقن أنك قد أحدثت

A number of our companions from Ahmad bin Muhammad from Abbas bin Amir from Abdallah bin Bukayr from his father who said: Abu Abdillah [as] said to me: if you are certain that you have broken your Wudhu then repeat it, and be sure to never repeat your Wudhu unless you are sure that you have broken it.

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن معاوية بن عمار قال قال أبوعبدالله (عليه السلام) إن الشيطان ينفخ في دبر الانسان حتى يخيل إليه أنه قد خرج منه ريح، فلا ينقض الوضوء إلا ريح تسمعها أو تجد ريحها

Ali bin Ibrahim from his father from Ibn Abi Umayr from Muawiya bin Ammaar who said: Abu Abdillah [as] said to me: the Shaytan blows near the back-end of a man until he (i.e. the man) assumes that he has broken his Wudhu, so nothing breaks the Wudhu except for a wind that you hear (its sound) or if you feel its air.

Edited by Islamic Salvation

Have you tried massage of the abdominal and lower tummy area? also, having your bottom higher than your top will expel the gas also. There are some yoga positions like the 'shoulder stand' you could try. Basically try and get as much wind out before its pray time and youre less likely to have the urge while youre praying.

Salam Ali

Hope your trip is going good

Yea IBS can be a pain lol, but i think if you could take more fibre in your diet so you can go toilet regularly, then you can solve this issue somewhat, but IBS is a chronic problem that unfortunately no complete cure to, only has to be managed appropriately.

Depends on the type, if you have constipated bowel syndrome, the best option would be to eat more fibre and drink a lot of water, so that you become regular. Another option would be go to the 3tar (thats what they call it in iraq) and tell him you want herbs that would treat constipation. Or if you want laxatives that would also help, but you cant prolong their use otherwise you will grow dependent on them, and they would give you diarrhea. A good herb laxative is called senna in english, and salamankee in arabic if you would like to tell him.

you also have to see what types of food that make your IBS worse, thats important, because you maybe intolerant to some foods and thus they are not being digested properly, and sit in your gut fermenting and producing gas.

Another tip is NEVER eat fruits after a normal meal before 2 hours have past since that meal, you can eat before a meal, but always eat fruits 2 hours after a meal because they have fibre and are processed more quickly through the gastrointestinal tract, thus if you just had a meal and that's blocking the fruit's path through your intestines, they are going to sit there and ferment producing high amounts of gas.

You should always drink a lot of water because that will help the movement of your gastrointestinal tract, especially if you take more fibre.

So your main management strategies are:

• eliminate the constipation
  • identify foods that worsen your IBS
  • only eat fruits after 2 hours have past since your last meal

Another option if you are back home (you wont find these in iraq), consider herbal medicine that may help your conditions:

http://www.vitaminwarehouse.com.au/product/775/Totally-Natural-Products/Quick-Cleanse-IBS-Remedy.html

Hope that helps :)

Ahhh^^^^^ Its my little Lemuur bro. How nice to see you again. I was worried about you. ^^

As for your problem, perhaps you put some stock in Sunni ahadith? Here goes:

"Satan may come to one of you in salah and blow air in his bottom, making him imagine that he has lost his wudu. So, when one experiences that, he should not turn away [from the salah] unless he hears a sound or smells an odour." [Narrated by Bazzar as in Bulugh al-Maram]

But if you're sure then sadly the wuduu is invalidated. Unless you have a chronic problem. Hope that helps. ^^

Thanks for answering man, and no it is not shakk, because I can feel the bump, you know. Well, so I should drink water, and eat bread etc. Good, now, how can I fix this issue in 'one time', I mean e.g some medicine etc.

On 6/16/2013 at 8:35 AM, Ruq said:

Have you tried massage of the abdominal and lower tummy area? also, having your bottom higher than your top will expel the gas also. There are some yoga positions like the 'shoulder stand' you could try. Basically try and get as much wind out before its pray time and youre less likely to have the urge while youre praying.

Salaam Alaikum

Loooool! Sorry, but this comment made me burst out laughing! I suffer from IBS, also! I doubt doing yoga will help with most gas if it keeps producing. I would honestly suggest a low FODMAP diet, which my doc put me on. It is still in the beginning of the diet, but maybe this info could help others in the future since I know this is a very old post.

Ohhhh, come-on folks. This Ali would not be asking this if it wasn't a real problem and he is trying to avoid doctor bills.

First: the hadith on hidath: unless you hear something or smell something, do not worry about it. Sahih Bukhari or Muslim ---been so long since l read it.

Second: yes, some foods aggravate the problem. Avoid them, try some cultured-yogurt. Personally, I wonder if too much bread also aggravates this.

Third: if you really get a bad spell, do your sunnah and fard in a chair.

Fourth: true story: about twenty years ago at jummah, we began the first raka and before our knees hit the floor, to some mortified man on the other side of a large mosque was a hadith as loud as a bicycle horn. It actually echoed. I said after jummah for no one to say who this happened to because it would compound his embarrassment --even though a few obviously knew. One of the old hijabies later told me that a few of the hijabies started to cry out of empathy. So Ali-F, you can count yourself somewhat fortunate.

Hold it in brother. It's all about will power.

Have a mantra, something like:

No more farts, no more farts .........

Or gas gas go away come again another day.

Guest itsAwonderfullWorld

Imam Jaffar As Sadiq said "all illnesses and health problems come from the stomach"

Prophet said "The disbeliever eats with seven stomach the believer with one"

you need to reduce your eating of food, sounds like your overweight or have unhealthy fat contents which when coupled with physical activity(salah is physical) activates all these issues to the surface

or ultimately you can start exercising to process all this food just sitting in your intestines and stomach which is preety much just stacking up

you know there is a hadith from Imam Ali he says "the children of Adam surprise me, they walk around carrying their waste..." obviously he is referring to again overeating and pretty much filling your body with unnecessary waste which just sits there and causes your problems

there is a hadeeth from the Prophet although it is in Sunni hadith where the Prophet said that a believer should never eat to his fill and that he should be always feeling hungry

and another from the Prophet that says "a believer only needs enough food so that he may be able to keep his back straight" which is actually a very small amount of food

even the Imams their practise was to only eat twice a day, to eat only one type of food and to eat only a few morsels so much so that even they would get up from their meals still feeling hungry , they wouldnt even mix their food, so if they were eating bread they would only eat bread, if they were eating vegetables/fruit they would only eat that, if they ate dairy like milk or other products they would only eat that, they would never ever allow themselves to even have two types of food before them even when people insisted for them to do so , so as you can see we are a nation that over indulges in food and our practises are so far from the Ahlul Bayt in that regard