Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
WilayaBlood

For Those Who Are Going To Marry Soon

Rate this topic

^Uhh.What are you trying to say?

I meant to say that the topic and the Hadith is not about the immorality of the age gap. This marriage happened. Moreover it was approved by an infallible. The Hadith is about a man who is worried that the woman may not like him, the imam then gave him beautiful supplication to bring love between the new couple regardless of all the physical conditions because it is halal and lawful. May Allah make us never dislike the halal.

The objection made by the ladies indicate that they had missed the whole point. Polygamy is Halal, marrying older or younger women is halal too and the point of the du'a given by the imam is that we should ask Allah not to dislike the halal.

The fact is that many people today, specifically in certain middle eastern countries, use hadiths like this to justify marrying girls 40+ years younger than them.  And what are the odds a 15 year old girl wants to marry a 50, 60, or even 70 year old man?  This is not good, and we should not encourage such things in our community in any way.  I don't care what a hadith from over a 1000 years ago says, women today aren't (and shouldn't be) expected to sit around at home and just take care of children from the time they're 15 till they die, and a 70 year old marrying a little girl isn't doing her any favors.  

Of course part of the problem is also with the families that pressure the girls into these type of marriages instead of standing by their side.

I'll say it again: the hadith has no indication to how big the age gap was. For all we know, she could have been 30 and he could have been 50, which is still accepted even in our time. Even if the gap was larger, you compared these marriages to a lamb going to the slaughter. That's basically comparing her marriage to death and killing - do you stick by that? Would a lamb consent to its slaughter the way this woman consented to marry him?

Love comes in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes there's an age gap, and sometimes there isn't. Sometimes it's the woman who is older, which too is no lamb-slaughtering. We can't judge. If my daughter wanted to marry an older man and that man had all the qualities I was seeking in a son-in-law, I'd have no problem with that.

And I did consider an older divorcee before, so please, there's no need to make it personal.

Yeah, I totally stand by that. It is a lamb to the slaughter, and btw I am sure you have heard the horror stories of 14 year old girls marrying 60 year old men, and I can assure you pal there is nothing romantic or loving about that.

Hmm, I wonder how common it is for a really old woman to marry a very young boy...

Yeah, I totally stand by that. It is a lamb to the slaughter, and btw I am sure you have heard the horror stories of 14 year old girls marrying 60 year old men, and I can assure you pal there is nothing romantic or loving about that.

Those marriages are when young girls are implicitly or explicitly forced to marry older men. This isn't what Qa'im is talking about. He's talking about marrying someone older out of consent which is fine if the people getting married are comfortable with it.

Why should you blow the whole thing with irrelevant comments?

Those marriages are when young girls are implicitly or explicitly forced to marry older men. This isn't what Qa'im is talking about. He's talking about marrying someone older out of consent which is fine if the people getting married are comfortable with it.

Why should you blow the whole thing with irrelevant comments?

Consent? Yeah I'm sure some young girl will happily consent. No parental pressure of course.

You need to stop stirring trouble, Rashida.

Consent? Yeah I'm sure some young girl will happily consent. No parental pressure of course.

You need to stop stirring trouble, Rashida.

Yes, there's a thing called consent, I know of a girl of 20 who fell in love and married a 40 year old. I didn't think it was horrible. Do you?

Trouble? Pardon me?

Yes, there's a thing called consent, I know of a girl of 20 who fell in love and married a 40 year old. I didn't think it was horrible. Do you?

Trouble? Pardon me?

Oh dear. I think if a girl fell in love with an older man, he wouldn't be worried about her finding him old. Of course, the hadith is not specific enough on what the actual ages were, but most of us can make an educated guess.

Lol hij2003 I have no idea why you edited my post, looooooooooool at naughty language hahaha...

Anyways, rashida you do know alot of girls specially little girls are pressured into marriage, taking someones consent when their our threat is invaild. There marriage may even be invaild, just like when someone divoreces his wife will his beening threated, then the divorces is invaild. Its not out of their free well.

Look at girls in yeman for example 9 year olds marrying 40 year old men or above, I dont even think there mature enough to even understand what marriage is let alone go in one. So many girls have died,one the same night because of inhuman men that rape insteaded of taking "consent".

Anyways, rashida you do know alot of girls specially little girls are pressured into marriage, taking someones consent when their our threat is invaild. There marriage may even be invaild, just like when someone divoreces his wife will his beening threated, then the divorces is invaild. Its not out of their free well.

I agree with this. I am only talking about cases when people marry out of their own and free choice without being coerced or forced into the marriages. Like Khadijah (a.s) married the Prophet (pbuh). But with how our cultures are these days, a woman 15 years older than her husband will be called unmentionable names by the "nobles" of the society.

Seems a lot of people are overlooking the huge number of marriages that have taken place, and still do take place, between young women and elderly men here in the West that nobody has even pressured them into, let alone forced them into.

The fact is a lot of women are more than happy to marry older men for all kinds of reasons: security, prestige, wealth, power, a passport... So no need to get the violins out for these poor young women, because it's a two way street.

Prophet SAW married Aisha and the age difference was huge. Enough said.

Yeah, and all his wives were prevented by Allah from being allowed to remarry.

Posters are reacting to the fact that in this world, many very young girls are literally forced into marriages with much older men that benefit everyone else - politics, sale for money, family disputes, and so on. It is common and it is a huge problem. To say that it is a two way street is highly inaccurate and insensitive to such a big issue of abuse of little girls.

I agree with this. I am only talking about cases when people marry out of their own and free choice without being coerced or forced into the marriages. Like Khadijah (a.s) married the Prophet (pbuh). But with how our cultures are these days, a woman 15 years older than her husband will be called unmentionable names by the "nobles" of the society.

How on earth is this the same as a 10 year old girl being forced to marry a very elderly man?

Seems a lot of people are overlooking the huge number of marriages that have taken place, and still do take place, between young women and elderly men here in the West that nobody has even pressured them into, let alone forced them into.

The fact is a lot of women are more than happy to marry older men for all kinds of reasons: security, prestige, wealth, power, a passport... So no need to get the violins out for these poor young women, because it's a two way street.

Yeah, and all his wives were prevented by Allah from being allowed to remarry.

As usual your compassion is astounding. How many 9/10/11 year old girls do you know in the West that marry elderly men? Yeah because its illegal with good reason.

Posters are reacting to the fact that in this world, many very young girls are literally forced into marriages with much older men that benefit everyone else - politics, sale for money, family disputes, and so on. It is common and it is a huge problem. To say that it is a two way street is highly inaccurate and insensitive to such a big issue of abuse of little girls.

Exactly. The abuse of little girls is our so called communities is a disgrace.

Prophet SAW married Aisha and the age difference was huge. Enough said.

Don't compare our Prophet (pbuh) with ordinary men. None of you will ever be as good and pure as him.