Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hussain abass 98

Rohani Victory!

Rate this topic

LOL!, more like the president couldn't even order tandoori chicken for dinner if the supreme leader does not approve of it.

Do you have to rant your supreme leader nonsense in every thread possible? You give him credit for more power than he has, and he has less power than he has the right to.

Just eat your tandoori chicken yourself and be quiet for once, just for the sake of proving that you can, actually, stay quiet. Because your knowledge of the Iranian system is close to zero, sometimes it even shows signs of going sub zero.

You obviously have no idea about Iranian politics, and that is blatently obvious from the sum total of your posts regarding Iran (most of which are just to ridicule people who support the idea of a system run a just, shia jurist), but just to clarify i will point out a few flaws in your argument.

The president has very much political leverage, and in many cases has (different presidents, in different times) gone against the will of the Leader. Refer to the speeches of the Leader where he addresses issues he has constantly, over the years, been stressing to officials, yet nothing has been done. Consider the whole nuclear issue during the time of Khatami, what all happened was completely against the wishes of the Leader, yet he let it pass, and discussed his disapproval in later talks.

Your assumption that the reason behind voting for Roohani was to make society more moderate and accountable is well, just that, an assumption. It again highlights your ignorance, the main reason the Iranian nation, in this election at least, voted for someone was to relieve economical sanctions and strains. They are tired of a president shouting "WF WF, MARTYRS, IMAM KHOMANIE...", rather they would like to see someone come in and make real changes.

Roohani mainly got his votes because of the backing of Rafsanjani, otherwise before that, the poles showed him behind some of the other principlists (and the views reflected in the majority of polls turned out to be eventually true, except for Roohani). The moment Rafsanjani showed his support for the sole reformist candidates, the price of the dollar ini Iran dropped from 13600 to 13450, people see the return of Rafsanjani as a ease on pressure on Iran.

Iranian society is pretty moderate right now, the only place you may get told to fix your hijjab, is probably Qum, even Mashad is a mess in that field. Accountability is one of the main reasons the nation picked Ahmedinejad, he promised to 'cut of the hands' of those secretly stealing money and misusing powers.

Anyways, its quite silly to assume that this is the reason for Iranians selecting their leader, since after two reformists, they selected a principlist twice and we will have to wait for another four years to find out what they think of the reformists again. It's to early to judge that, except for those who are just barking back what VOA and BBC have to say.

I find it pathetic that some people concentrate more on criticizing the IR, its leadership and system, than on their own countries, be it where they reside, or country of origin. I have never seen these people curse open enemies of Islam, as much as they do their own brothers in faith, or a system run by shias. The critcism is hardly sincere or well-meant, as can be seen in the tone.

You need to take your bitter selves and busy yourselfs in some threads in the off-topic forums, where people may actually care what you have to say.

Everyone acknowledges that the IR has many problems, and is still far of from being a completely Islamic state, or even a model Islamic state, much has yet to be done. We would like to root it on it's journey, you who can't stand to see a single word of praise about them will do yourself better staying away from IR related threads. The enemy does their job well enough, in trying to turn the world opinion against Iran, they surely don't need your help.

Best post I've read here in at least 2 years.

Edited by repenter

If you don't see the glaring problem in what you stated above (in relation to the checks and balances of having a fallible person with nearly absolute authority protect the nation from the corruptibility of the president), then I don't know if I have anything more to say.

(wasalam)

If you don't see the glaring problem in what you stated above (in relation to the checks and balances of having a fallible person with nearly absolute authority protect the nation from the corruptibility of the president), then I don't know if I have anything more to say.

(wasalam)

Edited by Islamic Salvation

As obvious from this very thread, Iran will remain unforgivable to the West even if they elected Madonna as their president. Unless they role back their nuclear program, let American companies and banks help (exclusively) with the petroleum business, adopt Western everything (yes, even aftabeh will have to go), and uhh probably cut down that naval fleet just a bit and other military spending by *drum rolls* embracing IMF's wondrous economic reforms!~

You obviously have no idea about Iranian politics, and that is blatently obvious from the sum total of your posts regarding Iran (most of which are just to ridicule people who support the idea of a system run a just, shia jurist), but just to clarify i will point out a few flaws in your argument.

The president has very much political leverage, and in many cases has (different presidents, in different times) gone against the will of the Leader. Refer to the speeches of the Leader where he addresses issues he has constantly, over the years, been stressing to officials, yet nothing has been done. Consider the whole nuclear issue during the time of Khatami, what all happened was completely against the wishes of the Leader, yet he let it pass, and discussed his disapproval in later talks.

Your assumption that the reason behind voting for Roohani was to make society more moderate and accountable is well, just that, an assumption. It again highlights your ignorance, the main reason the Iranian nation, in this election at least, voted for someone was to relieve economical sanctions and strains. They are tired of a president shouting "WF WF, MARTYRS, IMAM KHOMANIE...", rather they would like to see someone come in and make real changes.

Roohani mainly got his votes because of the backing of Rafsanjani, otherwise before that, the poles showed him behind some of the other principlists (and the views reflected in the majority of polls turned out to be eventually true, except for Roohani). The moment Rafsanjani showed his support for the sole reformist candidates, the price of the dollar ini Iran dropped from 13600 to 13450, people see the return of Rafsanjani as a ease on pressure on Iran.

Iranian society is pretty moderate right now, the only place you may get told to fix your hijjab, is probably Qum, even Mashad is a mess in that field. Accountability is one of the main reasons the nation picked Ahmedinejad, he promised to 'cut of the hands' of those secretly stealing money and misusing powers.

Anyways, its quite silly to assume that this is the reason for Iranians selecting their leader, since after two reformists, they selected a principlist twice and we will have to wait for another four years to find out what they think of the reformists again. It's to early to judge that, except for those who are just barking back what VOA and BBC have to say.

I find it pathetic that some people concentrate more on criticizing the IR, its leadership and system, than on their own countries, be it where they reside, or country of origin. I have never seen these people curse open enemies of Islam, as much as they do their own brothers in faith, or a system run by shias. The critcism is hardly sincere or well-meant, as can be seen in the tone.

You need to take your bitter selves and busy yourselfs in some threads in the off-topic forums, where people may actually care what you have to say.

Everyone acknowledges that the IR has many problems, and is still far of from being a completely Islamic state, or even a model Islamic state, much has yet to be done. We would like to root it on it's journey, you who can't stand to see a single word of praise about them will do yourself better staying away from IR related threads. The enemy does their job well enough, in trying to turn the world opinion against Iran, they surely don't need your help.

As obvious from this very thread, Iran will remain unforgivable to the West even if they elected Madonna as their president. Unless they role back their nuclear program, let American companies and banks help (exclusively) with the petroleum business, adopt Western everything (yes, even aftabeh will have to go), and uhh probably cut down that naval fleet just a bit and other military spending by *drum rolls* embracing IMF's wondrous economic reforms!~

Congatulation to Hojatoleslam Hassan Rowhani the people have spoken. Ultimately this is not only a win for President Rowhani but the Islamic republic and is a slap to anyone who doubted the legitimacy and support that the Islamic republic has.

@Khamenei_

A vote for any of these candidates is a vote for the Islamic Republic & a vote of confidence in the system & #election mechanism

I find it pathetic that some people concentrate more on criticizing the IR, its leadership and system, than on their own countries, be it where they reside, or country of origin.

This part is not correct. You have addressed MK, and he has criticized Indo-Pak society(obviously his roots) and Western societies(where he obviously resides). Same with other critics(me included).

This part is not correct. You have addressed MK, and he has criticized Indo-Pak society(obviously his roots) and Western societies(where he obviously resides). Same with other critics(me included).

What I notice, from a outside standpoint, is those arguing against iran tend to to be more aggressive, then any other point they are addressing. Lots of rage.

^I agree. The thing is, people hear IRI and imagine a monster who controls everything. This is what people here tell, that the president can't decide for himself and these stuff(if you read previous comments). People who have never lived there have no feeling of how it is, so they just repeat what media tells. You can't really tell/judge about a system from outside just from hearsay.

Edited by Shiabro

pxe5.jpg

Anyways. Congrats to the new president, i sincerely hope he does a good job and remains true to Islamic principals, both politically and socially.

Edited by repenter