Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Aqua

How To Keep Your Hair From Messing Up Under Hijab?

Rate this topic

I have curly hair and I'm not sure how to keep it from getting flat/messy under my hijab. I usually just put it in a ponytail and then wear my hijab on top, but then when I come home and take it off, my hair is an absolute mess. Any tips on how to get it to keep its shape and not look like a bird's nest when I take it off?

Hello, try to put your hair in a bun, first put your hair in a ponytail and then make it into a bun by using another hair tie. Theres these hijab bands you wear under your scarf that keep your scarf from sliding, it secures pieces of hair from getting out of the scarf. I hope this helps..Also may I ask whats your hijab style? Do you use the original triangle scarfs...or do you use the big rectangle ones?

I use both. I've tried doing the buns and I use the under scarves every day, but curly hair is hard to manage and take care of. My curls get flattened out under my scarf and they look really messy when I take it off.

Do you use like treatments for your hair, that might relax the hair and leave it less mess. If the scarf is to tight it flattness the hair. I think using the right treatments for hair will allow it to be less mess. Argon oil, is good like any treatment that has that oil in it is good.

Using that thing that stops it from sliding adds more pressure on the hair, which flattness the hair. If you wear silky scarves you should try a shalla its more stable on the head and you dont need to wear that headband thing underneth it.

Wear a cap underneath you scarf, this will prevent any hair from showing and stop the static build up. Ie no more friction between your scarf and hair.

I have very long curly hair and this is my routine. My hair is always a little flat after I get home but I just shake it out or have a shower :)

1- tie hair in a ponytail bun (gives perfect amount of natural volume + keeps long hair off the neck)

2- product: I use a little product to tame those hairs at the front of my face ( I HATE hair showing under hijab!)

3- Cap: wallah this is going to stop your hair from getting messed up. Like I said mine is really long and abit curly too. After I take off my scarf my hair is a little flat but very neat!

4- Scarf!! Voila!!

Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-Spring-2012-ponytail-bun.jpg

945515_10151680170779274_74432681_n.jpg

ps I just had to share this!! This routine changed my world!!