Sign in to follow this  
IQRA07

Why Is He Hiding ?

Rate this topic

What is the purposes of having an Imam if we never see or hear from him?

[EDIT to have a question answered you need to ask in the right way, most of what was in this paragraph was polemical]

To me the Zaydi mathaab makes more sense than the Ithna Ashari for this reason alone. Can any of my Muslim brothers from the Twelver mathaab explain this to me?

Edited by Haji 2003

There is a hadith that states that the presence of the Imam is like the presence of the sun behind the clouds: we cannot physically see it, but we feel it, and benefit from it, and without it, we would all perish at the hands of darkness.

Thus, he is not hiding away as you say, he is in a state of occultation, behind a veil that our eyes cannot see through. He is among us, we just can't see him.

What is there to ask? EVerything you need has been explained by one of the Imams and can be asked/accessed through research and contacting the Marja

if you have doubts, it has nothing to do with the Imam directly, if you need proof then you need to purify yourself and the proofs will be made available to you directly

this is one of the blessings on not been able to contact the Imam, we ourselves can become miracles and reach a stage wher we can do miracles for others to prove God

Edited by yukapuka

OK if I accept what you say then he is not hiding. But he still ISN'T DOING ANYTHING. So I ask again what's the purpose? Why is he here? I don't get the point if having a leader who doesn't lead

OK if I accept what you say then he is not hiding. But he still ISN'T DOING ANYTHING. So I ask again what's the purpose? Why is he here? I don't get the point if having a leader who doesn't lead

lead what? every Imam before Imam mahdi was opressed and cornered, they couldnt do anything, they could see their closest followers etc, but usually they were opressed

if your talking about an army being led, well we are waiting for that time, if you are talking about change in our people, then i refer you to this verse "Allah will not change a people who will not change themselves"

He obviously is doing something brother, as the hadith states. There are many stories from those spiritual people that speak about how the Imam (as) helped them out in some situation, and etc.

If the prophet (pbuh) likened him to the sun behind the clouds, is he really not doing anything, stughfurallah.

The sun behind the clouds is what keeps the Earth in its orbit, its what keeps everything flowing smoothly, al hamdulillah.

You may not believe it, but that doesn't make it incorrect. Reality does not conform to subjective views.

Evil had had the center stage for centuries now, before Imam Khomeinih made his revolution, Islam was in the peak ignorant stages, people didnt even know what lies and evil they lived in

now we are waking up, now everyone is bothered now people see that evil is not the way, and they want change, which is beautiful, but change starts from within each individual, and when we reach that internal change, there will be the external change

I know it hurts us, and it pains us that we cannot see him, and hence we read dua nudba and cry because we are not with him , but we have to be patient

How I wonder! Where has farness taken you?

bal ayya ar¤in tuqilluka aw thar¡

Or which land or soil is carrying you?

Is it on (Mount) Ra¤w¡ or elsewhere on (Mount) Dh¢-±uw¡?

It is hard for me that I can see all creatures but I can neither see you

nor can I hear any whisper or confidential talk from you!

It is hard for me that ordeals encompass you, not me

and neither cry nor complaint from me can rally round you!

May my soul be ransom for you; for although you are hidden from us, you have never forsaken us.

May my soul be ransom for you; for although you are away, you have never been away from us.

May my soul be ransom for you; for you are the wish of an eager

believing man or woman who mention you and miss you.

May my soul be ransom for you; for you are an unmatched pioneer of dignity.

May my soul be ransom for you; for you are an unrivaled origin of glory.

May my soul be ransom for you; for you are unparalleled center of bounties.

May my soul be ransom for you; for you are unequaled in all-inclusive honor.

Until when will I be bewildered about you, O my master, and until when?

In what kind of statement and in what kind of talk can I describe you?

It is hard for me that I can receive answers and words, but you cannot.

It is hard for me that I weep for you but the others disappoint you.

It is hard for me that what has happened afflict you other than all the others.

Is there any helper with whom I may lament and bewail as much as I wish?

Is there any aggrieved one whom I can help in grief when he becomes tired?

Is there any eye moling out and thus my eye may help it to mol out more?

Is there any way to meet you, O son of A¦mad (the Prophet)?

Will our day be promised to catch your day and we will thus achieve our hope?

When will we be able to join your refreshing springs and we will then be satiated?

When will we quench our thirst from your fresh water,

because thirst has been too long?

When will we accompany you in coming and going so that our eyes will be delighted?

When will you see us and we see you spreading the pennon of victory?

Can it be that we surround you while you are leading the groups,

after you will have filled in the earth with justice,

tasted your enemies humiliation and punishment,

annihilated the insolent defiant and the deniers of the truth,

cut off the roots of the arrogant,

eradicated the sources of the wrongdoers,

and we keep on saying, “All praise be to Allah the Lord of the worlds?”

Some people say they have seen him, but how can you see him and be sure its him when you have never seen him?

God is seening everything people are deing in massess yet theirs no reaction...

Am sure imam mahdi (as) is waiting for a signal.

You see the people who have had the privelage to see him, they can see light and the internal manifestation, and Imam Mahdi his light when he was born shone so brightly and so high to the heavens that everyone was awed even the creatures in heaven , and such people who can see the light of the heart, when they see his light, it is obvious it can be no body elses light but the light of Imam Mahdi(AJTF)

Wow!

Do you people even understand what I'm SAYING?

NONE of your responses address the issues at hand which are:

1. He doesn't issue fatwas or resolve disputes or give khutbas or write books so we don't have any guidance from him

2. While IT IS TRUE that the Sun exists even when hidden behind clouds it DOES NOT remain behind clouds for over 1,000 years

3. YES other Imams were oppressed. But there ARE areas controlled by Shia like Iran for instance. If the catholics can see their pope why can't we see our Imam?

Wow!

1. He doesn't issue fatwas or resolve disputes or give khutbas or write books so we don't have any guidance from him

2. While IT IS TRUE that the Sun exists even when hidden behind clouds it DOES NOT remain behind clouds for over 1,000 years

3. YES other Imams were oppressed. But there ARE areas controlled by Shia like Iran for instance. If the catholics can see their pope why can't we see our Imam?

The simple answer is that we dont know why EXACTLY he is away from us. Is it us, is it Him, is it the hostile environment, is it all of the above, is it a test to us? Is it something else which only God knows and we cannto comprehend, it could be anything and everything

All we do know is that he does help us despite that we dont speak to him directly.

Op your asking why the imam mehadi (as) is not doing much, but I always think why god doesnt do anything. And offcourse no one can answer this.

So many prayers unanswered,people starving, people dieing... Dont tell me life is a test.. Dont tell me their straving because they would of been terrible people if they worint suffering. Dont tell me we have humans have caused this and even if we have why is someone else suffering. Why do good people get hurt, why do bad people never get hurt in this life.

So many question but the answer is simple no one can answer they dont know. Lol, and if you question them more they will think your a disbeliever,but all you want is answers that no one has a answer too.

Salam Sister.

The whole purpose is for us (human beings) to prepare ourselves .. To seek him, miss him and yearn for him ..That is when we will purify ourselves and learn more about Ahlulbayt's history, so that we may accept his Islamic leadership when he comes to unite the world with peace (Islam) and justice.

The world needs the presence of an Imam, so we can also point out, without the Imam, the world would break up (im talking about society etc rather than the world actually breaking up) - so the Imam (as) has a great role of preserving us as to say.

Also it would be worth noting, if some one is absent, that doesnt mean their hiding

What is the purposes of having an Imam if we never see or hear from him?

[EDIT to have a question answered you need to ask in the right way, most of what was in this paragraph was polemical]

To me the Zaydi mathaab makes more sense than the Ithna Ashari for this reason alone. Can any of my Muslim brothers from the Twelver mathaab explain this to me?

Wow!

Well, before answering you, may I ask why did you pick the Shia way of Islam? (Shia as in followers of Ahlulbayt:zaidis, ismailis ja'afaris etc)