Sign in to follow this  
molaayi_from_lahore

What Are Feelings At The Time Of Death

Rate this topic

pain lots and lots of pain(depending on death and life), and fear, lots and lots of fear, and awe of God when the veils are removed , regret for not pursuing God , confusion, loneliness, feeling lost

if he is close to God, then relief and happiness

one of the hardest things in death, and i swear its the hardest thing to face and deal with, is leaving everything you know about yourself and others, and what you have and are used to in the physical world, and stepping into an unknown place that is so different and unlike anything in the eternal plane, no connections, no siblings, no laws of gravity etc, no friends, no companions, no helpers, no guides, you dont know whether your hungry and where to find food, you dont know how to sleep, you dont know how to rest and seek shelter, you dont know anything, everything you know about this physical word gos out of the window, you have to learn everything from beginning, and every slip here could be such a slip that you will end up in hell, it really is the sirat, because you dont know the path and how to cross it, which way it leads, and whats its light and darkness looks like , the scariest and most painful thing is that because you dont know what is in this unknown place , you know that you will definitely make a mistake and slip and hurt yourself, however in this place is the most painful pains, it is a place where pain does end and there is no mercy of your body to go into medical shock, there is no death or passing out

you dont know what anything soudns like, you dont know what is to be sfraid off and what is to go towards, you cannot recognise good and bad, you dont know bad taste or good taste, you dont know what is allowed and what is not allowed, you dont know how to speak or shout or to whom , you know nothing and where your helpers are, you are on your own and you dont know what will happen to you

forever leaving everything you know, i find this the most difficult aspect of death, sometimes i tackle and deal with it , and it makes me demotivated to go further

pain lots and lots of pain(depending on death and life), and fear, lots and lots of fear, and awe of God when the veils are removed , regret for not pursuing God , confusion, loneliness, feeling lost

if he is close to God, then relief and happiness

SubhanAllah i did have a dream that i died and these were the feelings i felt exactly... in my dream i had died and i was trying desperately to get back into earth, for a second chance, i was feeling the epitome of desperation, regret, sadness, and doom heavily bearing down on me, also oddly i remember seeing my mother weeping and disappointed with me as to why i didn't do better as a muslim 0_0 scary dream, i still remember it vividly and i had it about a year ago

Don't be scared too much. Allah's Mercy will extend even further in the Realms of Barzakh and the Akhira. Haven't you noticed how he placed us in a careful womb, protected in our mother's belly? Don't you guys think that the Merciful will, when we die, prepare for us a good and nice transition?

And always remember:

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

"...surely none despairs of Allah's mercy except the unbelieving people." (Qur'an 12:87, Shakir)

^the only problem is- do we know if any of us are really momin!!!

Basically there is no point in wondering what will happen if you will go to hell etc

just try and live your life in the best possible way by following the quran ahlebayt etc

Everything is in Allah subhantalla's hands so inShallah we all reach the highest of heavens

ameen

Don't be scared too much. Allah's Mercy will extend even further in the Realms of Barzakh and the Akhira. Haven't you noticed how he placed us in a careful womb, protected in our mother's belly? Don't you guys think that the Merciful will, when we die, prepare for us a good and nice transition?

And always remember:

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

"...surely none despairs of Allah's mercy except the unbelieving people." (Qur'an 12:87, Shakir)

the problem is that we think we are experiencing mercy here because of our freedom, but the truth is, that the mercy we are getting here is not because of us, and when we die, we are left with what we have earned, its kind of like God removes the training wheels, and if you hadnt learned to ride by then, you fall over to never get up ever again

I don't think we should be speculating about how exactly our own death will be, in terms of suffering or happiness, because it may cause false hope or false assurance. I do know that there are ample hadith and verses in the Qur'an about Allah's (swt) mercy as well as his anger. Let's just do our best to follow the example of Ahlul Bayt (as) and put our trust in Allah (swt).

The stakes are too high.

I don't think we should be speculating about how exactly our own death will be, in terms of suffering or happiness, because it may cause false hope or false assurance. I do know that there are ample hadith and verses in the Qur'an about Allah's (swt) mercy as well as his anger. Let's just do our best to follow the example of Ahlul Bayt (as) and put our trust in Allah (swt).

The stakes are too high.

i am not speculating, i am telling you exactly how it is

i am not speculating, i am telling you exactly how it is

I don't feel you are in a position to be making such a statement so surely. Allah's mercy is massive, and his anger is severe. Allahu Alam. We should always ask for his mercy anyhow...its not like any of us don't need it

On 6/12/2013 at 1:29 AM, SouthsideShia said:

I don't feel you are in a position to be making such a statement so surely. Allah's mercy is massive, and his anger is severe. Allahu Alam. We should always ask for his mercy anyhow...its not like any of us don't need it

and why do you think this? because i am saying what you dont want to hear?

the fact that you are not understanding the serious situation of these moments, is proof of your limited understanding of it

you know the Imams weepd at these moments, and they were the imams, how many dua mention and talk about this moments, such as Hamza thumali and others, because these moments are hell and they are not hell because everyone must experience hell, but because we die in a state of hell, we are in a state of hell, we are in ignorance and in hell in our current state

anyone who thinks dying is easy is beyond delusional, and ignorant

if you were able to just remove the veils of heart which are veiling you from your sins and from your distance away from God, that alone would bring you such misery and depression plus spiritual pain that it would be enough to cause you to cry until you are blind and maybe even die from misery, not to mention the other pains of death, and the horrors of the grave

but from my experience, the pain of separation from God, is the worst pain

we are made by God to be desperate for Him, and if God sets a barrier due to our sins from getting close to him or being separate from him , by even little, it causes us such pain and misery that it kills you and hurts you

but most people dont know this, because their veils have blinded them to this truth and they had never once even experienced or got to know God in order to know this

and why do you think this? because i am saying what you dont want to hear?

the fact that you are not understanding the serious situation of these moments, is proof of your limited understanding of it

you know the Imams weeped at these moments, and they were the imams, how many dua mention and talk about this moments, such as Hamza thumali and others, because these moments are hell and they are not hell because everyone must experience hell, but because we die in a state of hell, we are in a state of hell, we are in ignorance and in hell in our current state

No need to make these kinds of attacks brother. What you say is true, and I completely agree, if you read my posts from an objective perspective.

What I'm trying to do is to not allow readers to fall into a sense of helplessness. It is difficult to keep out of this well if helplessness when all you hear is how badly you're going to be punished. I completely agree we should be reminded of death and its difficulty 24/7, as there is a hadith from the Prophet (pbuh) where he says that there never existed a time in his life, not even for the time it takes to blink his eye, that he forgot about death.

Like I said before:

The stakes are too high.

What you say is true, and what I say is true. There is no conflict.

learn about the pain of separation from God, and once you feel it, you wont even care about physical pain, in death once the veil of knowing God is removed, and you see how distant you are from him, that pain alone is enough to obliterate you into oblivion, and no matter how much i talk about it, you will never know how dire it is, and how serious and painful it is, and you will probably forget it with time that i mentioned it, unless you uncover it and see it for your self

one thing i hate most about people in this life is how they in their ignorance belittle such big matters, because they are blinded by this life and their own ego and self and they give others false hopes and confuse others with their words, may God guide all such people its not funny what they belittle, and if there is a punishment for such acts may God free them from it

be careful what you are doing and saying, you are causing people to put little importance to an important matter and comforting people in ignorance not to mention the confusion you are causing to truth, be very very careful

learn about the pain of separation from God, and once you feel it, you wont even care about physical pain, in death once the veil of knowing God is removed, and you see how distant you are from him, that pain alone is enough to obliterate you into oblivion, and no matter how much i talk about it, you will never know how dire it is, and how serious and painful it is, and you will probably forget it with time that i mentioned it, unless you uncover it and see it for your self

one thing i hate most about people in this life is how they in their ignorance belittle such big matters, because they are blinded by this life and their own ego and self and they give others false hopes and confuse others with their words, may God guide all such people its not funny what they belittle, and if there is a punishment for such acts may God free them from it

be careful what you are doing and saying, you are causing people to put little importance to an important matter and comforting people in ignorance not to mention the confusion you are causing to truth, be very very careful

Inshallah.

Inshallah people know how to read my posts objectively and don't fall into that trap. I would post some ahadeeth about death for the disbelievers and death for the believers, but I simply don't have the time.

Death for believers= sweetness and easiness

Death for disbelievers= unimaginable torment

The problem lies in whether we are believers or not, and how well we account ourselves.

Inshallah.

Inshallah people know how to read my posts objectively and don't fall into that trap. I would post some ahadeeth about death for the disbelievers and death for the believers, but I simply don't have the time.

Death for believers= sweetness and easiness

Death for disbelievers= unimaginable torment

The problem lies in whether we are believers or not, and how well we account ourselves.

you are sugar coating everything again, we are unbelievers and in ignorance

a believer knows the difference, a believer knows the difference between doubts and lack of knowledge of truth, and the meaning of knowledge is not that petty information of the mind you read from books, that is like an appetizer compared to the main course which is served to the heart

a believer has certainty in God and death , and you would know the truth of truth, and know the difference between faith in the heart and supposed "faith' of the mind and tongue

an ignorant person is able to look at all this with comfort and ease

you are sugar coating everything again, we are unbelievers and in ignorance

a believer knows the difference, a believer knows the difference between doubts and lack of knowledge of truth, and the meaning of knowledge is not that petty information of the mind you read from books, that is like an appetizer compared to the main course which is served to the heart

a believer has certainty in God and death , and you would know the truth of truth, and know the difference between faith in the heart and supposed "faith' of the mind and tongue

an ignorant person is able to look at all this with comfort and ease

We aren't anyone to define who is a believer or not.

I'm going to refrain from further posting here, its not leading anywhere.

We aren't anyone to define who is a believer or not.

I'm going to refrain from further posting here, its not leading anywhere.

if you ignore the hundreds of hadiths/ayahs regarding it, yes in that case its impossible to discern