In the Name of God بسم الله

Icc Champions Trophy 2013

Rate this topic

JSAli

• Veteran Member

(salam)

The following is what Shoaib Akhtar had to say about Pakistan versus West Indies today:

"Pakistan's batting has always disappointed us. It was no different today."

"Coaches will not help us, practice will."

"Batsmen have to change their techniques when they play on these tracks."

"Pakistan should look to take wickets and win this one. India and South Africa won't let them win."

"We don't practice on seaming pitches. We play on dead pitches and fail to score in these conditions."

"Junaid Khan is the key here. He has to exploit the situation and get the edges."

"Irfan has to set an impact here like I did in the 1999 World Cup."

"Hafeez and Ajmal have to bowl right away if the pacers don't oblige."

"I have the same faith in our fielding as I had in my fitness."

"Now, you will miss the likes of Younis, Gul, Razzaq and Afridi."

"Pakistan should have kept Shahid Afridi for the death overs. He would have turned the tables on West Indies."

"I am afraid if Pakistan lose this match, they might not win any match in this competition."

"Pakistan bowlers should bowl bouncers to Gayle and Samuels."

"Due to the rain, Junaid and Irfan will get help, provided they bowl with aggression."

"I had the aggression and the will to cross 100mph and I did that."

"West Indies are chokers. Pakistan have a chance here."

"The first 10 overs will be crucial. Gayle will play aggressively, while the others will play normal cricket."

"Sarwan and Samuels are very clever players."

"Farhat should be out of the team. He has been given too many chances."

"Kamran should play in the top order. He is wasted down the order."

"Umar Amin is the best batsman in Pakistan right now. He is very classy."

"Asad Shafiq should bat at No. 3. He is a solid batsman."

"Had Pakistan got Younis, Afridi and Razzaq here, Pakistan would have scored at least 250 here."

"How many times will we bank on the same tested and failed batsmen?"

"Can you tell me one series which we won due to our batting only?"

"Imran Farhat commits the same errors today which he used to commit twelve years back."

"Our batsmen can't even stay on the pitch."

"When you play in England, you have to play different shots from those which you play in Pakistan."

"MS Dhoni has the same talent as our players, but he has the brain and he knows which shot to play and when to play."

"Virat Kohli is not more talented than Umar Akmal, but compare his stats and you will find the answer."

"Junaid Khan is a good bowler, but the wicket-taking spark is missing in him."

"Imran Farhat should be dropped and Umar Amin should play the next match. It will consolidate our middle order."

---

The 2 bolded statements are what I couldn't have agreed more with. Useless player. Scores one decent score in a dozen games and secures his spot for the next dozen games. Another pointless player is Shoaib Malik; he doesn't bowl and he doesn't do much with the bat either.

Wassalam

• Advanced Member

afridi is pakistan's mojo, without him they are useless, especially if they have other fringe players like farhat and asad shafiq in the team. afridi, razzaq and umar akmal wouldve certainly made pakistan team much better

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Shoaib Akhtar's analysis on TV of the loss vs. South Africa:

"There is only one positive for Pakistan and that's Misbah-ul-Haq." Shoaib Akhtar

"Had Nasir or Umar played with maturity, Pakistan would have won." Shoaib Akhtar

"We can't build partnerships, we are not mature, we don't have quality batsmen and we lack finishing touches." Shoaib Akhtar

"Misbah is the best captain right now, but he needs to be brave and survey villages to find stars like Imran Khan did." Shoaib Akhtar

"I have been saying to Misbah for ages to scout players from rural areas." Shoaib Akhtar

"I urged the cricket board to discover new talent, but they stuck to the old guns." Shoaib Akhtar

"Cricket is in our culture, but we are not progressing in it at all." Shoaib Akhtar

"Cricket in Pakistan changed after Imran Khan. We tasted success when he arrived." Shoaib Akhtar

"The cricket structure in Pakistan is just ridiculous." Shoaib Akhtar

"Misbah will be sacked as captain if he loses another series." Shoaib Akhtar

"Where are the ones who wanted Afridi, Razzaq and Younis to be replaced? You have got your answer!" Shoaib Akhtar

"Had Shahid Afridi been here, he would have scored more runs than our batsmen and taken more wickets than our bowlers." Shoaib Akhtar

"We don't have replacements! We have to go back to Afridi, Razzaq, Gul, Younis and Umar Akmal." Shoaib Akhtar

"Nasir is a top class opener, but I'd never put my money on Farhat. He hasn't improved a bit for the last 12 years." Shoaib Akhtar

"Kamran Akmal has to bat up the order. We don't have a better wicket keeping batsman than him in Pakistan." Shoaib Akhtar

"Ahmed Shahzad is a brilliant opener. He is very talented, but he doesn't understand a few things. He is not good off field." Shoaib Akhtar

"Ahmed Shahzad has tons of attitude problems." Shoaib Akhtar

"We neither have quality batsmen nor quality bowlers." Shoaib Akhtar

"Please bring Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Moin Khan and Rahid Latif back. They'll set our team. We don't need any qualified coaches." Shoaib Akhtar

"Razzaq has to understand the requirement of the team and should forget past grudges." Shoaib Akhtar

"Even if I was a bit naughty, I won matches for Pakistan, but these days, players don't even bother doing that." Shoaib Akhtar

"Ijaz Butt banned Afridi. Afridi is still here, but where is Ijaz Butt?" Shoaib Akhtar

"The last thing Pakistan want is to get Saeed Ajmal injured. He is also a human. That day, we will be doomed." Shoaib Akhtar

"I was paid Rs. 250 per month when I started my cricket, but the will and determination to succeed was never that low." Shoaib Akhtar

"We need one more Imran Khan to save our cricket." Shoaib Akhtar

"Pakistan should play the game against India with maturity and responsibility to restore some lost pride." Shoaib Akhtar

"Pakistan vs. India will go down to the wire. I hope we get to see the full match and the rain stays away." Shoaib Akhtar

"I am hoping against hope that Pakistan will qualify for the semis." Shoaib Akhtar

"Pakistan will have to beat India to save their face." Shoaib Akhtar

"Our players click at the right time and I am hopeful that they will overcome India." Shoaib Akhtar

"Imran Farhat should be dropped and Asad Shafiq should be back. Either Kamran or Hafeez should open with Nasir." Shoaib Akhtar

Some of what he says is rubbish; but I agree with all the bolded comments.

Wassalam

• Advanced Member

indias batting line up is the best. if they can keep it up in the final stages of the tournament and improve their bowling, they could win the tournament.

• Advanced Member

rain again

SA are through on D-L method

Before Pollard got out on the last ball played, WI would've won it on D-L since we had the higher net run rate....but he got out...

what a [Edited Out]py way to go out...

*sigh*

edit: my zeal to update scores is gone now so someone else can do it.

Edited by JSAli

• Advanced Member

raaaaah, that is so deep on windies. did pollard know they were through unless he got out or he had no idea?

EDIT: soz i wasnt thinking straight, ofc he had no idea. just bad luck. feel sorry for windies, especially pollard.

Edited by ThE-Samz

• Veteran Member

I want Pakistan to loose. So that when they come back, we really get back to the drawing board and kick out Farhat, the Akmals and India's son-in-law. And hopefully they'll get the welcome they deserve at the airport - with rotten mangoes and tomatoes, not to mention a few shoes as well.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

This was the most uninteresting Pak vs Ind match ever. I probably watched bits and pieces here and there for about 10 overs all together - I had no interest in it (besides the fact that I already knew we were going to lose). This has to be one of Pakistan's worst batting line-up in history.

Another reason we don't need foreign coaches is this: "Let's not be Emotional about this", Dav Whatmore. Are these guys given any cross cultural management courses before they become coaches of international teams? You get humiliated in 3 games, your batsmen can't even score more than 170; before that you barely were able to beat Ireland and then you expect the Pakistanis to not be emotional? Now a days, it's probably one of the only place where they look for some sort of happiness.

Wassalam