Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
raficsulejmanovic

Quranic Guide For Pursuers Of Irfan

Rate this topic

Salam to those who constantly seek purification of the soul,

I watch this lecture by Dr Shomali in YT /watch?v=wnOCA_4RGJc and below I wish to share a very IMPORTANT point for your perusal and action.

Firstly, Dr. Shomali emphasised that purification of the soul is a life-long process. He said that one key that guides a person (a must-have quality) is the ability of the person to (constantly) criticise oneself. One other important point is to restrict all our desires e.g. if feel like eating sumptuous food, don't or stop... etc.

THE MAIN THEME OF THE LECTURE

Dr. Shomali mentioned that Prophet Abraham (as) made a du'a and his du'a was answered by Allah SWT.

In His answer (can be found in the Quran see below ref) Allah SWT Himself answered the du'a and He corrected the order of the content to the du'a as supplicated by Abraham (as).

So here's the ordered approach as Allah SWT taught us in the Quran (THE BOOK):

RECITATION OF THE QURAN (THE BOOK) > PURIFICATION (OF ONESELF) > GAINING WISDOM & KNOWLEDGE OF THE BOOK

So bottom line is: no purification = no wisdom/knowledge

===

Certainly Allah conferred a benefit upon the believers when He raised among them a Messenger from among themselves, reciting to them His communications and purifying them, and teaching them the Book and the wisdom, although before that they were surely in manifest error. (Imran:64)

He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of Mecca an Messenger from among themselves, who recites to them His communications and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom, although they were before certainly in clear error, (Jumua:2)

very nice. I desire that the video can be advertised as below.

"He has earned his Doctorate in Philosophy from the University of Manchester." Is there a link to his phd thesis? Can he share it?

Thank you :)

Very interesting.

I hope that in the near future we have many more English speakers who are more in tune with the western culture, I read many of topics in this thread that were written by western Muslim converts and they all were amazing . It's sad that they don't have access to a lot of the wonderful resources that we have to go along with their amazing intellect, I've debated a lot of atheists back when I was in USA, but self purification wasn't my big selling point, it just wasn't "fun" or interesting to them to open that door of self judgment. Converts on the other hand have open every other door to get to the uncensored truth and for that I commend them.

Sorry if this got out the subject of this topic.

Interesting lecture though. I'm a psychology&philosophy freak, so I'm always thirsty for more knowledge about them, so keep those videos coming.

THANKS AGAIN

Irfan can not be learnt without the help of a mentor who is a representative of the blessed Muhammad and his progeny (pbuh). It is in the Qur'an but to decipher the hidden/multiple meanings in its verses that illuminate this secret path, you need someone who knows and learnt by no other source than from the gate of the city of knowledge. This person is a 'aarif or one of the auliya (saints) and is appointed by the Imam Al-Mahdi (as) and is always in touch with him and under his guidance. This marifah vested in him is via 'ilm-e-Laduni and it is transferred down from heart to heart and is not present in books. Its like the key code. It is necessary.

On 7/9/2013 at 10:50 AM, Darth Vader said:

Irfan can not be learnt without the help of a mentor who is a representative of the blessed Muhammad and his progeny (pbuh). It is in the Qur'an but to decipher the hidden/multiple meanings in its verses that illuminate this secret path, you need someone who knows and learnt by no other source than from the gate of the city of knowledge. This person is a 'aarif or one of the auliya (saints) and is appointed by the Imam Al-Mahdi (as) and is always in touch with him and under his guidance. This marifah vested in him is via 'ilm-e-Laduni and it is transferred down from heart to heart and is not present in books. Its like the key code. It is necessary.

5472794570746604819?view

Salam Alaikom, Ayatollah Behjat says: "If somebody is after marifah/recognition and in seeking it [he/she], is serious and has kolus-ikhlas/honesty perspective -; door and wall with permission from Allah will become [his/her] teacher otherwise even the speech of the Prophet Peace upon Him and His Holy Family will not affect him/put effect in him, like the way it did not affect Abu Jahl [Curse upon Him]".

On 6/7/2013 at 4:55 AM, Askari1 said:

very nice. I desire that the video can be advertised as below.

"He has earned his Doctorate in Philosophy from the University of Manchester." Is there a link to his phd thesis? Can he share it?

Salam ALAIKOM, THE LECTURE WAS PRETTY GOOD, THANK YOU FOR SHARING, IT WAS REFRESHING, REMINDERS ARE REFRESHING.