Rate this topic

can u marry someone over the phone?

is that possible or even lagtiamate

Sorry I had to. Legitimate*

I had TO fix my own sentence.... :squeez:

Edited by PureEthics

(bismillah)

(salam)

The 'aqd for mut'ah can be recited over the phone according to Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Muhammad Saeed al-Hakeem (ha).

Q [28] Is it allowed to recite the Muta formula - contract on the phone or to write it per email or chat?

It is valid if it was via telephone and not valid if it was via chat or email.

http://english.alhakeem.com/pages/quesans/listgroup_ques.php?numpage=3&Where=98

What if the bride is actually a fraud using a voice changer and a bit of general cleverness?

Yeah and those video calls don't do any good either....there are ways to spoof those too....they put fake girl videos and all.

we did ours over skype with the shaykh of course us both being present here with each other. my marja says the authority must be handed over to the shaykh to do it for both people.

What if the bride is actually a fraud using a voice changer and a bit of general cleverness?

What if, for example, you knew a girl and she moved away. You decided you wanted to marry her and you wouldn't be able to see her until maybe a year after?

"The 'aqd for mut'ah can be recited over the phone according to Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Muhammad Saeed al-Hakeem (ha).

Q [28] Is it allowed to recite the Muta formula - contract on the phone or to write it per email or chat?

It is valid if it was via telephone and not valid if it was via chat or email. "

In any case, marriage is not a game, don't marry anyone until you trust that person is who you truly want to marry.

Marrying over the phone is perfectly legitimate provided other conditions are followed. I've heard of some marriages (Nikah) done over phone.

Of course I'm not talking about the new age of Internet dating/chatting/matrimonial over the phone thingy where people are conducting casual marriages over the cyber space with random strangers.