In the Name of God بسم الله

Love Marriage ?serious Help

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam !

I need some serious help here

i want to get married to a the person i love we both are syed shia

but the only reason is my father disagrees that its a love marriage n hes giving excuses that he is not stable enough to keep me after marriage

please iv done amals n duas i knw its a stage of patience

but i need some really serious amals to make my father agree :(

• Advanced Member

(salam)

What an unislamic culture some of us have. Love is supposed to be in marriage according to our Prophet (pbuh) and our Ahlul Bayt (as) and the Qur'an.

Recite this after fajr prayer and before you sleep:

After you recite, you say what you want, and InshAllah, if its good for you, Allah (swt) will grant it. Also, recite many Salawats on Rasoolallah and his progeny and gift them to the Imam of our time (as) and ask him to intercede.

Allah (swt) knows best and is the best of planners, so be comfortable and invest your full trust in him, and you'll find happiness in everything.

Edited by SouthsideShia

• Veteran Member

Serious amals? Is that how you think Allah (swt) operates? That He responds to the person who recites the right 'formula'? Duas aren't magic spells. If you supplicate to Allah with a sincere heart, then He will answer your dua in the way that is best for you. However, Allah (swt) answers in His own time, and in His own way, so be patient and don't lose faith. The fact that you are now looking around for 'stronger' duas might be an indication that your faith that Allah will answer you is slipping, or you are losing patience.

And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way. [Qur'an 2:186, Shakir]

Also be aware that Allah (swt) has given everyone free-will (including your father), to do good or bad. So Allah is unlikely to 'force' your father to change his mind just like that, through some kind of brainwashing (since that would violate free will). Instead, He may create the conditions that will ensure your father has little choice to agree, even if he doesn't like it. However, that may take time.

Edited by Haydar Husayn

• Advanced Member

Salam !

I need some serious help here

i want to get married to a the person i love we both are syed shia

but the only reason is my father disagrees that its a love marriage n hes giving excuses that he is not stable enough to keep me after marriage

please iv done amals n duas i knw its a stage of patience

but i need some really serious amals to make my father agree :(

if the father thinks the suitor is unstable then maybe the suitor is unstable and he should fix that. Social marriages are those that are hard to escape once you are hooked in due to social pressure and complicity, love marriages are those that can be easily ended if thing did not go well, the man will remarry (maybe with difficulty since he went against the social norms) and the woman will back to her father house with maybe some extras (kids) which is very unfavorable end results specially that many fathers do not see their daughter kids as their own business, rather they are their father and his family business.

You should really know what makes the man unstable and the man should prove himself to be stable.

• Veteran Member

Serious amals? Is that how you think Allah (swt) operates? That He responds to the person who recites the right 'formula'?

Actually yes,

Look more deeper into the metaphysical world ..and you will see that there are some Formula's for the soul to connect deeper..

An example would be the Alif Lam meem between Prophet Mohamed and Allah.

Or the 5 daily prayers , or some Quranic Surah's for specific needs.

Edited by -Enlightened

• Veteran Member

Actually yes,

Look more deeper into the metaphysical world ..and you will see that there are some Formula's for the soul to connect deeper..

An example would be the Alif Lam meem between Prophet Mohamed and Allah.

Or the 5 daily prayers , or some Quranic Surah's for specific needs.

So if someone makes dua with a sincere heart, but doesn't happen to know the 'magic formula', then Allah won't answer them? Is that what you think?

Aside from that, most of these recommended amals are based on weak narrations, fabricated ones, or simply on hearsay. For example, the supposed benefits of Nade Ali are all completely made up and don't even have a weak source to back them up.

Edited by Haydar Husayn

Have you asked your father to give a reasonable explanation, as to why he thinks the suitor is not stable. From that construct of information one can validate whether it is opinion based on some personal reason or actual fact. Alot of times humans have this idea of the "face" that they must show others, as apparently other human beings control what choices we make in life.

But if you feel you need more duas, then go ahead, whatever makes the heart hopeful. http://www.duas.org/

Edited by D3v1L

• Veteran Member

So if someone makes dua with a sincere heart, but doesn't happen to know the 'magic formula', then Allah won't answer them? Is that what you think?

Aside from that, most of these recommended amals are based on weak narrations, fabricated ones, or simply on hearsay. For example, the supposed benefits of Nade Ali are all completely made up and don't even have a weak source to back them up.

no i never said that this is what i think.. i only corrected you by saying that yes, there exists some formulas to fulfil a dua.

aside from that, you should do more research on Nade Ali

• Veteran Member

no i never said that this is what i think.. i only corrected you by saying that yes, there exists some formulas to fulfil a dua.

Can you prove that these formulas are necessary to have your duas answered?

aside from that, you should do more research on Nade Ali

What research should I do, specifically? There is only a single mention of Nade Ali anywhere in Shia books, and that is in the late source Bihar al-Anwar (which was written roughly 1000 years after the time of the Prophet (pbuh)). The narration is clearly not authentic, but even if for argument's sake I assumed it was, then obviously since there are no other mentions of it anywhere else, there can be no narrations stating what the benefit of reciting it are. So unless you can point me to a hadith that states the benefits, then there is nothing for me to research.

• Veteran Member

My take on duas/amals/suplicating. I believe there are different supplications for different purposes and effects. I also believe there is a spiritual aspect from them. not only are you physically pleading to Allah, but your whole inner self is digging within the mercy of Allah. I believe these duas have a purpose in which. one. have a way with words, to get the most elegant matter out of prayer in respect to Allah the magnificent. Its like saying God help me, or something like Oh Creator of All things, or Master of the universe, oh bundle of mercy....has two different affects on you the pleader. Its not just the matter of making a deal with Allah, its more than that. Its hard to explain but its like searching for that light within you, that innocence. There is this feeling you always get that is different from during your prayer to after it, and its always different. Its sort of like cleansing your soul, i dont know. Yes Haydar your right, duas arnt spells because they dont always work, however they do have an affect to the purpose of your dua. Of course, they never break free will cause its far from free will. In this posters case, its not a matter of duaing and making her dad say yes, even though thats how she ma put it, its more like easing her dads within his own feelings, making him feel comfortable, so that he, himself will fall into agreement. Yes it may not work, but maybe by supplicating, Allah will open new doors in the same door which will lead to the supplicators joy. This is part of the dua helping you feel confident and gaining hope, meaning the result that comes when you talk with your lord who has the power over all things. I do agree that there is no strong or weak dua, but just different.

This is my take on it. Forgive the mistakes I may have made while typing quick.

Wa Salaam

• Advanced Member

Just my 2 cents...

Sometimes parents see things that we do not want to see... rose colored glasses of love... or more accurately of attraction or infatuation. Love must be able to endure many things and the trial should be made even before marriage to see if it has what it takes. It is good to rely on the wisdom of parents. If it is love it will last, and the young man will have opportunity to prove himself to the father. For me, this is what is required in acceptance of a partner choice for my children... the willingness to have the love tested and proved. Just think of the story of Jacob who labored for 7 years to gain the woman of his desire, and then was tricked, but labored for 7 years more. I think this story is meant to impress the seriousness of marriage and that you should want a man who is willing to prove himself worthy. Marriage is a serious... and long... commitment.

Salaam and best wishes to you.

Edited by CLynn

• Basic Members

And mr.haydar by serious amal i meant which anyone has tried and tested and you cannot judge a person like this i know i have enough faith in Allah swt and ahulbayt that by their will everything will turn good with time yes im pateint since long all i asked was if anybody has tried any duas or amals which have turned successful for them :)

Thank you

• 1 year later...
  • Basic Members

I want to ask is love marriages allow in islam ? Nd also wnt to ask that if boy is shia but mirza nd girl is shia but syed and love each other and never ever have a physical relation but only love each other wnt to marry so is islam allow this relation only love but never being in physical relationship .. nd is islam allow love marriage ?

• Advanced Member

I want to ask is love marriages allow in islam ? Nd also wnt to ask that if boy is shia but mirza nd girl is shia but syed and love each other and never ever have a physical relation but only love each other wnt to marry so is islam allow this relation only love but never being in physical relationship .. nd is islam allow love marriage ?

It is actually haraam for boys and girls to be friends, and true love comes AFTER marriage. You guys have not had marital relations, kids, or hardships that you two alone had to face together and help each other with. You do truly love each other. But Islam does allow people to choose their own spouses, arranged marriage is not the only option and forced marriage is actually haraam. Try to get your parents involved if you can. You guys shouldve done a nonsexual muta (with the permission of the girls father) if you havent already.

Being mirza or syed is irrelevant

• Advanced Member

Serious amals? Is that how you think Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì operates? That He responds to the person who recites the right 'formula'? Duas aren't magic spells.

You make some valid points, but I don't agree with the way you've expressed this. To me, the reader, it carries hints of sarcasm and ridicule. We know duas aren't magic spells, but if the duas don't come true, we look for why they haven't been answered. There are a million reasons, but it's so easy to think that perhaps the reason that the prayer hasn't been answered is that the wrong kind of dua was performed. And sometimes, I think it DOES help to do a more powerful dua. I have no study or scientific trial to prove this, just personal, anecdotal experiences.