Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Difference Between Muta'a And Permanent Nikah

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

As salam alaykoum wa rahmatoulahi wa barakatuh,

I would like to know what are the differences between muta'a and permanent nikah other than one having a set time frame and the other being permanent.

JazakAllah Khairan for your answers!

that is pretty much the difference besides mutah having many set conditions.

http://www.al-islam.org/al-serat/muta/

• Advanced Member

There is not much difference apart from the time period, but in a temporary marriage, there is more freedom of choices available. I am not the right person to explain it very well, but there is a really good book by Shaheed Murtada Muthari on women rights in Islam and there is a section on this also. Heres the link and go down to page 115

http://ebookbrowse.com/allama-murtaza-mutahhari-woman-and-her-rights-in-islam-pdf-d297708019

• Advanced Member

Nikah implies inheritance rights on the part of the woman. Mutual inheritance rights, actually. Breaking the relation early is easier in muta'a, requiring no witnesses. Waiting period longer for Nikah, 3 periods vs 2. Muta'a wife has no right to maintenance, while in Nikah she is. Man has no right to sex in muta'a, while he does in Nikah.

Edited by kadhim

• Veteran Member

thank you all for your answers!

"Man has no right to sex in muta'a, while he does in Nikah."

i thought relations were allowed in muta'a?

They are but the condition must be set by parents and daughter, if she is a virgin. If you take a look at my source everything is explained beautifully.

• Veteran Member

thank you all for your answers!

"Man has no right to sex in muta'a, while he does in Nikah."

i thought relations were allowed in muta'a?

In nikah, strictly speaking, if the woman is able to, she has to make herself available to her husband whenever he wants. But not in mut'a, though relations are allowed depending on the contract.

• Advanced Member

In nikah, strictly speaking, if the woman is able to, she has to make herself available to her husband whenever he wants. But not in mut'a, though relations are allowed depending on the contract.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Should have worded it as "woman has no obligation to provide sex."