Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Queen Yoda II

Do You Believe In The Concept Of Soulmate?

Rate this topic

That somewhere in the world, there is the perfect person for you in every way?

Yea, because at the end of the day, the one you end up marrying, is your soulmate, right? :D

Nope, they do not exist, if they do, then the question arises as to why people divorce. Most probably the idea of whom we marry consist of many variables such as who one comes into contact with through their journey of life, or who the circle consists of. Why do we find gold diggers where the wealthy hang out.

Nope, they do not exist, if they do, then the question arises as to why people divorce. Most probably the idea of whom we marry consist of many variables such as who one comes into contact with through their journey of life, or who the circle consists of. Why do we find gold diggers where the wealthy hang out.

well, if people divorce then that means they didnt choose their soulmate or couldnt find him/her. They doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

It happens, but it is the exception. And then there is the question of whether you actually run into her, and if so, if it's at the right time in both your lives to connect, etc. If it happens to you, give endless thanks to God, but don't go around expecting it. Find someone suitable and love and appreciate them.

A possible idea, but why would one marry someone that is not their soulmate?, the idea it self is absurd. As it implies we marry for other reasons and not the true reason it self. So now the question arises, if all those whom have married the wrong person, married for the wrong reasons and what, could be perceived as the wrong reason, could, possibly be the right reason, especially if they followed a system of thought. The other break is, if A lives 1000miles away and their soulmate who they will never meet is that distance from them, then what is the purpose of the soulmate. They will never meet or possibly meet fifty years from now. Now one could argue they could be single but what if they were married and had kids. Strange concept, and I think this has been discussed before. :)

We just get attracted to partners who are similar to us and we think, omg, how can this be, must be my soul mate. looking around there are plenty of old single people. I guess they were not blessed with a soul mate?.... and yet others have four wives. So four soul mates for the man and for all those four women one soul male. Harsh.

Edited by D3v1L

No, I don't believe in it.....and I think that the belief in it causes the expectations of people to be way too high causing divorce for petty reasons. When I speak of petty reasons I am not speaking of adultery or abuse.

No, I don't believe in it.....and I think that the belief in it causes the expectations of people to be way too high causing divorce for petty reasons. When I speak of petty reasons I am not speaking of adultery or abuse.

Sis, you old romantic you :P :Hijabi:

Greetings Queen Yoda,

I do I think. It's just that we do not often have enough trust to turn our will over to the Creator and allow Him to bring us together in His own timing. We too often take things into our own hands and miss the blessing of His plan for us. We get anxious about missing things in life, like child bearing, when perhaps it is not always the Creators plan for us to bear children, but perhaps He has a better plan to bless us with the care of needy orphans, or to keep our energy's free to serve Him... to be free to go where we are needed in the world. Humans tend to try to satisfy their selfish flesh nature's rather than turn their will over to the Creator. Sometimes His intent is to bring the soulmate in late life after the duties of singleness have been maximized. The hardest thing we will ever do in life is to accept the will of the One who is greater than ourselves.

Salaam.

Edited by CLynn

Aslamalaykum,

That somewhere in the world, there is the perfect person for you in every way?

The only couple who fit the description you've given is Imam Ali a.s and Hazrat Fatima s.a. We can search for the perfect partner but the sad reality is there will never be one but their are those who strive towards perfection.

Not at all. Most people we marry are those who are going to be in our social circle; usually in our geographic part of the world (but with travel and internet not always), out of 7 billion possible "soul mate" candidates. There are marriages, divorces, girlfriends/boyfriends, polygamy, deaths, more marriages, etc. In the end you just need to marry the person that you're most comfortable with, and the concept of comfort here can be broken down into its own branches. Let's not fool people into thinking that there's a perfect match out there, it will only cause them to wait for disappointment and deny the realistic candidates. There's no need to find someone identical to you, you're looking to give yourself to someone and absorb their self into you.

Edited by Qa'im

I do believe in soulmates and definitely don't think it is as rare as cynics people may think. I know people in love - mainly people who have been friends first and then slowly developed a trust and a bond that allowed them to give up their emotional safety barriers and allowed love to blossom. :wub:

Most women believe in soul mates in theory, and as Namaz e Shab mentioned, men only tend to believe in this when they experience it.

I don't think this is so much striving for perfection but striving for a common thread of understanding and communication that leads to a new path together. Patience and exploration of every opportunity is important and to not limit yourself to a cliche of what you think you are looking for.. I have seen the most unlikeliest of couples find their future in each other. People find love (soul mates?) where they never would have imagined.

****from the responses - there are different definitions for soulmate....

Edited by Maryaam

I do believe in soul mates and definitely don't think it is as rare as cynics people may think. I know people in love - mainly people who have been friends first and then slowly developed a trust and a bond that allowed them to give up their emotional safety barriers and allowed love to blossom. :wub:

Most women believe in soul mates in theory, and as Namaz e Shab mentioned, men only tend to believe in this when they experience it.

I don't think this is so much striving for perfection but striving for a common thread of understanding and communication that leads to a new path together. Patience and exploration of every opportunity is important and to not limit yourself to a cliche of what you think you are looking for.. I have seen the most unlikeliest of couples find their future in each other. People find love (soul mates?) where they never would have imagined.

****from the responses - there are different definitions as to what a soul mate is.

This is why I love you :wub: :wub:

I don't think they exist. If soulmates exist doesn't that mean at some point in life you should be with them (married), because you know, they are your soulmate so it's like a destiny thing :rolleyes:? But that's not the case so I don't think they exist.

Sis, you old romantic you :P :Hijabi:

And you know I've been accused of watching too much cinderella by gheeba mongers in the chatroom....yes everyone all of you say is reported to us LOLL.

No I don't believe in soulmates. I think a great marriage and relationship is created when two people are willing to make it work through thick and thin and act selflessly in when needed. And I think if the two put in the work and with the right intentions, Allah will do the rest and create that love that makes one feel like they have a soul mate. Plus I always think about, if there was that one soul mate, what if that person dies suddenly, does that mean you will never love like that again? No I think if two people try, they can have a great love and relationship, multiple times and with multiple people (that sounds kind of weird). Anyway, yeah, just take what you can get and make the best out of it and you'll see the fruits of your labor inshaAllah. Maybe my opinion will change in the future if I ever feel like I love someone deeply (other than my momma <3) but I think my opinion is pretty solid.

Plus I always think about, if there was that one soul mate, what if that person dies suddenly, does that mean you will never love like that again? No I think if two people try, they can have a great love and relationship, multiple times and with multiple people (that sounds kind of weird). Anyway, yeah, just take what you can get and make the best out of it and you'll see the fruits of your labor inshaAllah. Maybe my opinion will change in the future if I ever feel like I love someone deeply (other than my momma <3) but I think my opinion is pretty solid.

I think there can be many soul mates. Sometimes you just click. Forcing a relationship just doesnt work most of the time - people endure -but dont strive for more. It just creates a marriage of obligations and duties respectfully carried out. A soul mate is a connection on a more personal level with similar ethics, morals and sense of justice for example - an understanding that exceeds basic words and obligations.

Edited by Maryaam

I think there can be many soul mates. Sometimes you just click. Forcing a relationship just doesnt work most of the time - people endure -but dont strive for more. It just creates a marriage of obligations and duties respectfully carried out. A soul mate is a connection on a more personal level with similar ethics, morals and sense of justice for example - an understanding that exceeds basic words and obligations.

Yeah now that I think about it more, you're right. I know of married couples who have fine and long lasting marriages but would not consider themselves soulmates. Maybe I'm biased towards not believing in soulmates because I don't believe I've ever seen a couple that seems to 'click' perfectly (except in the movies). So yeah my opinion is definitely liable to change with time and wisdom.

I believe in the heart of every human being there is a hole only your spouse can fit. Allah doesn't fill that hole, He leaves it open to your spouse. No matter how hard you try you won't have Allah fill that hole because its been created for your other half.

I'd also like to believe in the idea of soul mates. I'm not sure.. It would be nice to think everyone has someone special waiting for them but the opposite looks more realistic. I think perhaps Allah did create soul mates for each of us, whether we find them in this world or not is another story.

Everyone has their own destiny, some will get married, some won't. Whoever we get married to then we must accept as Allah willed it for us. Either way, we must be patient and not fall into sin.

Edited by Labbayk

This one is a little tricky. I would have to say yes and no. What comes to my mind is Paradise, and that is the final destination we all wish to attain; so no, I think whoever is there for us is our true destiny. However, I said yes, because that person could very well be from this lifetime. But then again, it could be no, because Allah (swt) decrees everything and everyone in our life (this life and the Hereafter). Scholar's have debated this in the past, and have noted that there were women who (after their husband passed away) didn't want to get remarried, because they wanted to be with him in the Hereafter (if they attained it). This is something none of us will ever find out until we die and are judged; accordingly. I seen many people who mentioned (i.e divorce) etc...What about the people who truly serve eachother and lose a spouse to death? Example: My dear mother, Allah Yerhama died at 33 from cancer, and my father was still very young, so he eventually remarried. Even though he is spending the rest of his natural life with his new wife, he still is getting buried next to his first wife (my mother) and he had no children with his new wife either. Interesting isn't it? I have asked him why he is doing this, and he said: "That was my first love, and my heart will forever be hers. She is the mother of my children." I know; kinda sappy, but this was just an example of love. Now, are they Soulmates? Who knows, but he hopes that he can be with her once again, Insha'Allah. Best advice if you find someone in this life: Do the best you can to serve him or her to reach the Hereafter. That was hard to talk about, Wasalam

Thank you for sharing that.

No I don't believe in soulmates. I think a great marriage and relationship is created when two people are willing to make it work through thick and thin and act selflessly in when needed. And I think if the two put in the work and with the right intentions, Allah will do the rest and create that love that makes one feel like they have a soul mate. Plus I always think about, if there was that one soul mate, what if that person dies suddenly, does that mean you will never love like that again? No I think if two people try, they can have a great love and relationship, multiple times and with multiple people (that sounds kind of weird). Anyway, yeah, just take what you can get and make the best out of it and you'll see the fruits of your labor inshaAllah. Maybe my opinion will change in the future if I ever feel like I love someone deeply (other than my momma <3) but I think my opinion is pretty solid.

Greetings ireallywannaknow,

I can kind of agree with you too. I think there are many kinds of love

and I think sometimes this is the kind of love God wants us to find. It makes us work harder and grow more. Sometimes we are not deserving of a soulmate because we have too many of our own rough edges that need to be worked on. The smoothing of these edges is the purification of our souls, and sometimes we need a harder partner to cause us to smooth off these rough edges. We must be wise in knowing and accepting the Creator's will for us. :)

Salaam,

CLynn

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. - Proverbs 27:17 :)

Edited by CLynn

Soulmates, regardless of its many definitions, exist. The only problem is how to find them and marry them :squeez:

Soulmates are not ordained; they are acquired. Each and everyone of us has the ability to create their own soulmates. A tiny spark is lit and engenders that bond of affinity in the two hearts. That's where it starts. A journey begins, luck kicks in, right things happen at the right time; minds are shaped, hearts are molded, emotions are invested, life is lived; a life full of beauty and love, a life like a poet's paradise. When you have this, the heaven at the end of the seven skies with its rivers of honey and milk sounds nauseatingly boring.