Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iran Cuts Hamas Funding Over Syria

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Iran cuts Hamas funding over Syria

Ahmed Yousef, an adviser to Ismail Haniyeh, Hamas' prime minister in Gaza, called Iran's support for Mr Assad "shocking" and accused it of acting out of "sectarian" motives.

"We never expected that a country like Iran, which talked about oppressed people and dictatorial regimes, would stand behind a dictator like Assad who is killing his own people," he said. "To us, it shakes the basis of the Islamic principles that Iran has recited all these years after the Islamic Revolution."

http://www.telegraph...over-Syria.html

Yet somehow supporting cannibals and rapists who are all funded by royal totalitarian regimes is ok. Is it just me, or does Hamas have contempt for people's intelligence? It baffles me how even Israelis have shown more gratefulness to Iran than these people ever have ( i.e. liberation of Jews from Babylon by Cyrus the Great over 2500 years ago)

For so long a huge portion of the shia world was always criticizing hezbullah and Iran over support for Hamas and for (allegedly) not going to war with takfiris -and spending too much time focused on Israel.

Now we are severing relationships with these various groups and have gone in to full blown war with takfiris.

What will people say now?

For so long a huge portion of the shia world was always criticizing hezbullah and Iran over support for Hamas and for (allegedly) not going to war with takfiris -and spending too much time focused on Israel.

Now we are severing relationships with these various groups and have gone in to full blown war with takfiris.

About time. Thanks. I told earlier, Iran has to and will change politics and cannot go on like 10 years ago.

How about: the reason they are giving to support that zhalim is that his government is supposedly part of the "resistance" against Israel (even though the Israelis justifiably consider him no more than a paper tiger). The reason given for opposing Israel is their oppression of the Palestinians. Now though, we see them cutting off ties of support to the same Palestinians they're supposedly doing this for, as the latter have made clear their opposition to the Assad regime. So what leg them is there for them to stand on in supposedly justifying support of this dictator?

(Note, I don't think they should have been supporting Hamas either, but dropping it for this reason just shows where their real concerns lie)

• Advanced Member

Hamas left Syria earlier in this conflict, they abanoned the country that gave them the shelter and ran to the arms of Qatar and the Ikhwan (MB) why is the cut of the ties came too late?

• Advanced Member

Looks like "Noah" got his dream come true...Awaiting further commentary from him.

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

work twice as hard..

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

How about: the reason they are giving to support that zhalim is that his government is supposedly part of the "resistance" against Israel (even though the Israelis justifiably consider him no more than a paper tiger). The reason given for opposing Israel is their oppression of the Palestinians. Now though, we see them cutting off ties of support to the same Palestinians they're supposedly doing this for, as the latter have made clear their opposition to the Assad regime. So what leg them is there for them to stand on in supposedly justifying support of this dictator?

(Note, I don't think they should have been supporting Hamas either, but dropping it for this reason just shows where their real concerns lie)

Syria's part in the resistance was mostly weapons conduit, nothing more. Syria played that role well.

ONE of the reasons given for opposing Israel is the Palestinian issue, its not the ONLY reason. And Iran and Hezb have not stopped supporting the Palestinians, they have just stopped providing aid to an organisation that was using its benefactors help to hurt its benefactor. Watch the future speeches, both Iran and Hezb will be supportive of Palestinians.

Also Israel is a constant threat to Lebanon and the momineen there, and so anyone who can assist the Lebanese (ie Syria) is necessary to help, otherwise its letting them suffer under Israeli occupation or now Takfeeri oppression.

I think this will be a good lesson for Hamas...they bit the hand that fed them in exchange for promises from a fat Qatari. We will InshaAllah see them humiliated for this move...they will live to regret it.

• Advanced Member

It was about time to cut funding to these Wahhabi terrorists.

They went from being ordinary Sunnis (seeking peace and unity with Shias) to Wahhabi terrorists very quickly, as soon as they starting helping other supposed Wahhabi terrorist. Would Wahhabi's hug and shake the hands with a shia leader, Ismaril Haniyeh with Ayatollah Khamenei to be exact? Unbelievable, totally idiotic, even though hamas would have willingly killed shias (if they were in the position to) Iran and hezbollah funded them millions of dollars, but now that they oppose their interests, they have become the opposite of what they said they were. All of those years of funding and building up relations for nothing, as I predicted from the start this would happen, as predictable as clockwork.

I think more and more shias are alas after 1000 of oppression begging to realize most sunnis hate them. The truth is cruel. Or do you label these people Whabbis as an insult? I think funding them millions of dollars for years upon years whilst claiming they are all for unity only to have it all backfire is a insult to ones self.

I mean, i'm just astonished by the lunacy of the situation, the west is normally bashed for funding Islamist throat slitters in Syria yet Iran funded the same islamist throat slitters (hamas) in Palestine, but now that the throat slitters have started collaboration the funding has stopped. Good grief. I at least hope Iran learned it's lesson. I and a few others with a brain to calculate the outcomes of funding Hamas had fore seen this from the start, yet we were accused of stiring up sectarian divide between Sunnis and Shias, maybe i'm missing something, but this is very louzy of Iran and Hezbollah's part, pull your acts together.

Peace be upon you all.

• Advanced Member

They went from being ordinary Sunnis (seeking peace and unity with Shias) to Wahhabi terrorists very quickly, as soon as they starting helping other supposed Wahhabi terrorist. Would Wahhabi's hug and shake the hands with a shia leader, Ismaril Haniyeh with Ayatollah Khamenei to be exact? Unbelievable, totally idiotic, even though hamas would have willingly killed shias (if they were in the position to) Iran and hezbollah funded them millions of dollars, but now that they oppose their interests, they have become the opposite of what they said they were. All of those years of funding and building up relations for nothing, as I predicted from the start this would happen, as predictable as clockwork.

I think more and more shias are alas after 1000 of oppression begging to realize most sunnis hate them. The truth is cruel. Or do you label these people Whabbis as an insult? I think funding them millions of dollars for years upon years whilst claiming they are all for unity only to have it all backfire is a insult to ones self.

I mean, i'm just astonished by the lunacy of the situation, the west is normally bashed for funding Islamist throat slitters in Syria yet Iran funded the same islamist throat slitters (hamas) in Palestine, but now that the throat slitters have started collaboration the funding has stopped. Good grief. I at least hope Iran learned it's lesson. I and a few others with a brain to calculate the outcomes of funding Hamas had fore seen this from the start, yet we were accused of stiring up sectarian divide between Sunnis and Shias, maybe i'm missing something, but this is very louzy of Iran and Hezbollah's part, pull your acts together.

Peace be upon you all.

I personally wasn't surprised, since I knew that Palestinians will come after us after Israel is gone. Hamas even mourned the arch-terrorist Zarqawi in 2006.

Hamas' terrorism was clear since long time ago, but since it used to only target Israelis, Iran and HA used to not see it (the Israeli army being beasts doesn't justify killing Israeli children). And since Hamas view us as "worse than the Jews" (as they think), they won't have any problem blowing up Shia civilians in mosques or malls or restaurents. Maybe Iran and HA will recognize they should had never supported such a terrorist group, and that they should never had trusted Palestinians.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Not to gloat but some of us said so. The fight between the nasibi and zionists is nothing to do with the Shia.

You seem to have missed the point altogether. The nawasib and zionists are on the same side. The fight was and will continue to be between the Shia and the Zionists. The nawasib aren't even a remote threat to them.

Would Wahhabi's hug and shake the hands with a shia leader, Ismaril Haniyeh with Ayatollah Khamenei to be exact?

If they're getting money, they will hug and shake hands with anyone.

Agree with some of your points though. The whole 'wahabbi' vs 'sunni' distinction is very selective and imaginative at times. The truth is that this has very much become a Shia-Sunni conflict.

• Advanced Member

I was one of that huge portion and at least now Iran knows who its real friends are. For Iran life of Iranians should be top priority however they have made enemies in the name of a mosque which doesn't exist and friendship that can't be real.

Palestinians or sunnis in general are hot-headed, short sighted and vulnerable to every incitement. They don't know what is coming their way. And even Iran, Iraq and Yemen would have to accept the repercussions of the the mistake of supporting the Palestinian cause.

If this is the time then Iraq and Saudi are to prepare for a disaster. The fire will not leave the ones who ignited it.

Edited by siraatoaliyinhaqqun
  • Advanced Member

It is no use sympathizing Hamas or the brotherhood takfiris because they are double agents and eat with two mouths. Israel has bought them by spreading saudi ideology there.

Those who praise Mawiya (LA) also follow his footsteps of eating from anywhere be it halal or haram (remember Prophet (pbuh) sahih hadith curse on Mawiya LA about not to fill his belly).

There is one thing helping Palestinians with food and cloth and the other thing is donating a political Takfeeri movement (Hamas) with dollars. The latter is not an Islamic duty by any means, not even closely. Even the first one is a choice. Iran can give that money to Africans, South Americans, whoever, they would at least welcome it.

• Advanced Member

They will have to prove it^^ big timetime in light of USA becoming their sponsor. The price was $ 4 billion

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/26/world/meast/west-bank-investment/index.html?iref=obinsite

Edited by siraatoaliyinhaqqun
  • Advanced Member

I was one of that huge portion and at least now Iran knows who its real friends are. For Iran life of Iranians should be top priority however they have made enemies in the name of a mosque which doesn't exist and friendship that can't be real.

Palestinians or sunnis in general are hot-headed, short sighted and vulnerable to every incitement. They don't know what is coming their way. And even Iran, Iraq and Yemen would have to accept the repercussions of the the mistake of supporting the Palestinian cause.

If this is the time then Iraq and Saudi are to prepare for a disaster. The fire will not leave the ones who ignited it.

Which mosque? Al-Aqsa?

• Veteran Member

Looks like "Noah" got his dream come true...Awaiting further commentary from him.

I am not sure if it is true... But, if it is true, it is a good start. I know it is kind of late, but it has (to start at some points to give it an end). Iranians/Lebanese and other Shias are trying to fool themselves, for once if they just try to face the reality, the entire course of interaction between them and the Takfiri world will change and enter in a new phase, which I am certain that will benefit us.

Huge victory for Israel and US.

This comes from Ugly Jinn, a well known Shia/Iranian hater...That means something really good is taking place. Who cares what Israel wins? It wins over a few groups whom are being paid by Israel and its partners at the moment and are killing Shias from Iraq to Syria, from Syria to Lebanon, and oppressing Shias under their rules from Bahrain to Saudi, and from Saudi to Egypt. Israel wins over its partners in crimes, not over Shias or other people who reject Israel and all its puppets across the region. That is true that Israel is using these little Sunni-ignorant barking creatures to do dirty works against Shias, instead this energy and force supposed to be used against Israel... BUT IT IS NOT!!! So, the Sunni world can stay calm and enjoy the stupidity of Sunni groups. Shias have no choice but to defend themselves... distance from monafiqeen

• Veteran Member

397465_253148441490723_800746672_n.jpg

Palestinian refugees in Lebanon who has fled out of Syria burning the aids that were provided by Hizb in a protest against the Hiz support to Assad.

'You, Palestinian refugees and groups fight alongside your Takfiri bros in Syria to kill Shias/Lebanese and even Hizb members in and around Syria, but we in Lebanon provide you with aids.'

While thousands of Shia families in Lebanon might need all those aids!

• Veteran Member

Brother Noah,

I have read a few of your posts and can understand the stance you take. But i have a question for you, do you actually believe that Hezb and Iran, who have been supporting Hamas & the Palestinians for decades, didn't realise who these guys were and where their true loyalties lied?

Most, if not every Shia with an internet connection and an interest in global affairs could see the hatred and enmity these people displayed towards the Shia from the luxury of their own countries. But Iran didn't realise?

The Iranians and Hezb have fulfilled their divine obligation towards these people. They treated them as brothers, supported them when no one else from their own sect lifted a finger, fed and clothed them, and paid their wages...all in the name of Allah (swt). When i see this, i truly see the teachings of Amir ul Mumineen (as).

Now these people have turned their hands on those that fed them, have shown the ugliness of their beliefs, and will inshaAllah face the consequences. We have lost nothing at all, its they who have lost, and they who will pay.

My main point is that Iran did all this knowing exactly the nature of these guys...why? Because its the right thing to do morally & religiously.

1. I was supporting these people since the time I began to read and write, and I believed the entire Muslim world should have supported them unconditionally.. I didn't know much or too deeply about Palestinians in general and the groups who represent Palestine.....and then my eyes were opened and as a person I totally changed my mind about them after 2006/2007 for different reasons…which I don’t see it appropriate to discuss on this forum… but there are also some other obvious reasons that we already recalled them many times on this forum.

2. Thanks to the internet and social media.. those who never seen Palestinian society and never had the chance to meet these groups, totally thought of these people as some innocent, oppressed, and those who seek help from their Muslim brothers (including Shias) while the Muslim world deny them any kind of help, except Iran. But, things were never the way they seemed.

3. Iran and the groups like Hizb are not some angels of God; we have every right to question their politics... They are not some kind of fixed computers who do not make any mistake... groups and governments are made up from humans and individuals like you and like me who decide for their local or foreign politics. They make mistakes, they make some wrong choices, they also make some right choices. That is just natural and just normal.

4. Things change in politics, you cannot expect a country to do the same thing forever... it depends on the time and place and etc.. you might support something for the benefit of yours or for Islam or whatever reason, but when there is the right time and place that doing the opposite is the right thing, then you must change course.

5. I assure you that if Iran and Hizb punish these groups, the fat ZioSalafis will never care about them... they pay these coward Palestinians in order to take them away from Iranian front, a front who always made sure they succeed and liberate their lands, the same way they enable Lebanese to do so. The same groups will run again to Iran and its allies, BUT THIS TIME it is going to be way different... everything will have set conditions!

6. Iran and its allies tried thousands of different ways to win Palestinians' trust and help them in their struggle, but Palestinians never trusted Iran or the Shia-Rafidhi @ majoosis fully. They always listened to their enemies, to the haters like Salafis and Ikhwanis who hate Shias or Iran for their own reasons. For God’s sake they even listened to Israeli propaganda who told them that you are fighting against me (Israel) for the sake of Iran not for your own liberation. And that Iran is after Persian Empire in Palestine, and these people who are occupied by Israel actually listened to the same garbage Israel was saying. Isn’t it time to say enough is enough…and that we must question those who say to help Palestinians and their groups unconditionally? Lets face the reality. They don’t like us and don’t want us…and we need to mind our own business.

Edited by Noah-
  • Advanced Member

Brother Noah,

Your love of the oppressed Shia is admirable in my book. All out hearts should burn and feel restless for the situation the lovers of Fatima (sa) find themselves in all over the world. So i have no issues with that.

But we are the followers of Ali (as). He is one of the fathers of this Ummah, not just the Shia. We, as his faithful adherents, must display the same affection and love to all the Ummah as He (as) did.

My point of contention with you is the analysis you have made that suggests that Iran and Hezb misjudged Hamas + Co and have wasted all their money and effort on these guys.

Whether you agree or disagree that Iran/Hezb were correct in supporting the Palestinians and working for brotherhood with the Sunnis, there is no way you can genuinely believe that they didnt know what they were getting into and what the potential outcome could be?! Believe them wrong with all your heart for supporting Hamas, but dont kid yourself in thinking they were unaware of Hamas' end goal and intentions.

What Iran did, it did knowing FULL well what could and would happen. Now the question you must ask yourself is that if Iran knew the treacherous nature of Hamas (as we all did for a number of years), why did they STILL support them???

If you can answer that, then maybe you will gain some insight into the thinking of the religious leaders involved here and their policies for the Ummah. You may still think its not correct, but at least you will fall out of the trap of thinking that Iran has been 'duped'. The only people who have genuinely been 'duped' are Hamas...they belong to a Qatari now lol.

• Veteran Member

^Brother,

I understand your points.

I don't love all the Shias blindly! I respect and care only for those who are in the right path, and that according to my limited views and info.

I care and love the Sunnis who are at least in the right political path... this even applies to Christians/Jews or other people of different faith. I don't suggest that Iran/Hizb or other Shias were totally wrong. I even said that I was too supporting them, wrong or right that is a different issue.

I only say and I still insist that, Iran or Hizb as good political fronts with many bright and well informed people and intelligence services been very slow.... They were right to support them for many years, but in my opinion all Shias should have distanced themselves from Palestinian groups or attaching themselves to Palestinian issues already 7 or 8 years ago. While unfortunately, they are still dealing with them and believing that they can help out these people to liberate Quds, have friendly relations with and build a good political front. This is not going to happen and it turned out to be impossible years ago. The Sunni world politically is in a big mess. Today, every agent, every hater, every puppet, every terrorist can now claim or come forward to represent Sunnis and run the show for them. And in general they are a misguided cult politically.

Edited by Noah-
  • Veteran Member

Hamas-Hezbollah Ties Deteriorate Over Syria

Speaking about their relations with Iran, leading members of Hamas affirmed to Al-Monitor that Iranian support is no longer what it used to be. Hamas’ stance regarding the Syrian crisis, in addition to it denouncing the practices of the regime against its own people, has affected its relationship with Iran. Moreover, they said that the relationship with Hezbollah has broken off.

Ahmad Youssef, a member of the Shura Council and a leading figure of Hamas, said that he advised Hezbollah earlier not to engage in the Syrian crisis. When it did get involved, ties were cut between the two. “Future ties with Iran and Hezbollah will not go back to normal. Both have taken part in the massacres against the Syrian people, despite the fact that we have advised them otherwise since the crisis began.” Youssef told Al-Monitor.

From his office in the Bayt al-Hikma Institute, Youssef said, “What happened in Syria and the engagement of Hezbollah in the crisis is indeed a weighty loss for the party and its reputation in the region as a movement of resistance. Therefore, future relations [between Hamas and Hezbollah] will be delicate. Hamas had advised Hezbollah during previous meetings not to get involved.”

Youssef stressed that relations with Iran became brittle and they are unlikely to return to normal, whether on the level of financial aid or political communication, considering Hamas to be closer to the Syrian people than it is to the regime and its allies.

For his part, Bassem Naim, adviser to the prime minister of the Gaza government on foreign affairs, said to Al-Monitor, “Iranian support to Hamas has certainly been affected following the movement’s stance in regards to the crisis in Syria. Yet Hamas, as a movement of resistance, does not rely on any specific political party in the region.”

Naim affirmed that the relationship between Hamas and Hezbollah was deeper, given that Hamas is a national liberation movement that supports the resistance against the same enemy — Israel. However, the stance of Hezbollah in regards to the Syrian crisis affected its relationship with Hamas. Naim believes that Hezbollah overdid its intervention in Syrian affairs at the expense of its strategic role as a movement of resistance.

“It [Hezbollah] was dear to the hearts of the Arabs, despite its Shiism. Yet, the fact that Hezbollah put its [shiite] doctrine above politics gave its intervention in Syria a sectarian dimension. Consultative meetings took place within the framework of exchanging advice, yet the meetings stopped because the parties involved became stiff, and it is hard to hold discussions now,” Naim told Al-Monitor.

Naim denied rumors last week that Hamas has been thrown out of Lebanon, telling Al-Monitor that “some circles wish to incite the dispute between us and Hezbollah. Official authorities, be they from the Lebanese government or Hezbollah, did not ask Hamas to leave Lebanon.” Naim considers the rumor as part of a media escalation. He reiterated that Hamas cannot be reduced to a mere office located in Lebanon because it is a part of thousands of Palestinians that live there.

This was also affirmed by Ghazi Hamad, the undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Hamas-led government, who told Al-Monitor that the disseminated information about tossing Hamas out of Lebanon is false and is an attempt to exploit tensions. “Ali Baraka, Hamas’ representative in Lebanon, is currently there, and the office is open. There are no problems whatsoever,” he said.

On Iran, Naim said that Tehran is seen as one of the parties supporting Hamas, yet the decisions of the latter are not linked to those parties. The financial support that the movement receives has waned, which affected some of its internal activity. Hamas, however, has a long history in coping with financial hardships, especially given that its activities are based on volunteerism.

Naim relates the financial setback to the decrease in Iranian support, but also to the scattered international relief efforts that are oriented toward Syria. Additionally, following the Arab Spring, new challenges surfaced and Arab efforts were drained.

In an interview with Al-Monitor at his office, Hamad described Hamas’ relationship with Iran as “fluctuating.”

“Never before have any crises taken place with Iran. When Hamas adopted a clear stance in Syria, however, the crisis came to pass, even though Hamas does not deny that Iran has stood by its side in many occasions, especially during the blockade,” Hamad noted.

Hamad affirmed that they do not forget how Syria — both the regime and the people — embraced and provided political and financial support to Hamas after it was thrown out of Jordan. When the Syrian crisis flared, Hamas tried to offer advice to the regime, but unfortunately the regime resorted to the military solution. This led the movement to distance itself from the conflict, ​​out of conviction and not as a result of any external pressure.

“We supported the Syrian regime as long as it was fighting the Israeli enemy, but when it oppressed its people we decided to part ways with it, despite the fact that this is considered a big loss for Hamas. We had hoped that a peaceful solution could be reached without the need to kill the Syrian people, but things have now gotten too complicated,” he said.

Hamad stressed that the movement also opposes the intervention of some international parties in Syria’s internal affairs, which may give way to colonial interests.

Hamas stressed to the regime at the outbreak of the Syrian revolution, the necessity of reforms and the importance of a peaceful transfer of power, according to Naim. The regime, however, did not listen, although these recommendations would have led to a solution to the crisis.

Naim said that Hamas is trying to maintain the required balance in relationships and to remain at the same distance from all parties. He confirmed that they do not want the Palestinian people to pay the price, especially since they have suffered considerably as a result of the Palestinian leadership’s involvement in conflicts and civil wars in Arab countries such as Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq.

According to Zaki Chehab in his book Inside Hamas, published at the end of 2007, Hamas started its external activities when Israel exiled 415 Hamas members to Lebanon in 1992.

Hamad said, “Hamas started to build international relationships following its deportation to Marj el-Zhour in Lebanon. This drew the attention of numerous countries to the movement and caused the international press to write about it.” Hamad said that, today, Hamas has reached countries in East Asia and Africa, and that European countries are seeking dialogue with it.

He added that following the outbreak of the Arab Spring, Hamas expanded and consolidated its international relations. This is evidenced by its relationship with Egypt, with meetings held between the leadership of Hamas and those of Egypt, which was ruled by a regime hostile to Hamas and used to deal with the movement by resorting to military means. This rapprochement occurred despite attempts by the Egyptian media to distort Hamas’ image and implicate it in Egyptian internal affairs. In this respect, Hamad asserted that there is no evidence of Hamas involvement in the matters the media is trying to implicate it in, whether the Tahrir Square events, the Port Said massacre, or the kidnapping of soldiers in the Sinai.

Hamad said the Hamas’ relationship with Tunisia has improved, considering that the new Arab regimes’ perspectives on the Palestinian cause gained a moral dimension and are no longer based on interests, despite the numerous current challenges facing the Arab region.

Moreover, Youssef retained the same opinion, adding that the involvement of Islamists in the Arab spring facilitated Hamas’ mission to reach the Arab regimes, which are still preoccupied by their internal affairs. Youssef continued, “When these societies achieve stability, security and prosperity — which will take a while — the

Palestinian people and their cause will have a bigger chance of obtaining support.”

Naim reaffirmed the same position, and said that the Arab revolutions opened up new horizons for Hamas, especially following the fall of regimes that used to protect the Israeli entity. “It is the Arab people who are now ruling, regardless of whether their rule is Islamist or non-Islamist,” he said.

As for the relationship between Hamas and Qatar, the three leaders — Naim, Youssef and Hamad — agreed that it is a normal relationship, explaining that Qatar is simply a friendly country supporting Hamas in the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip, yet they indicated that this relationship is being exaggerated by the media.

In support of their opinion, the leaders invoked Hamas' rejection of the recent Arab land exchange initiative led by Qatar's prime minister, insinuating that Hamas does not receive orders from anyone and that no state shall impose its political positions on the movement, even if it is supporting it.

Asmaa al-Ghoul is a contributing writer for Al-Monitor's Palestine Pulse, and a journalist from the Rafah refugee camp based in Gaza

Read more: http://www.al-monito...l#ixzz2Vcav90VA

Edited by Islamic Salvation