Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
neol

Is There A Difference Between Muslim And Believer?

Rate this topic

a believer is at a higher degree than a muslim:

The bedouins say, "We have believed." Say, "You have not [yet] believed; but say [instead], 'We have submitted,' for faith has not yet entered your hearts. And if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not deprive you from your deeds of anything. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

Edited by IbnSohan

I guess the Quran can aswer your question best

When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah." Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are muslims.

Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).

"And behold! I inspired the disciples to have faith in Me and Mine Messenger. they said, 'We have faith, and do thou bear witness that we bow to Allah as muslims'"

One day We shall raise from all Peoples a witness against them, from amongst themselves: and We shall bring thee as a witness against these (thy people): and We have sent down to thee the Book explaining all things, a Guide, a Mercy, and Glad Tidings to muslims.

Say, the Holy Spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to muslims.

And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!

And when it is recited to them, they say: "We believe therein, for it is the Truth from our Lord: indeed we have been muslims (bowing to Allah's Will) from before this.

For muslim men and women,- for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise,- for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward.

Allah will not leave the believers in the state in which ye are now, until He separates what is evil from what is good nor will He disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen. But He chooses of His Messenger. (For the purpose) whom He pleases. So believe in Allah. And His apostles: And if ye believe and do right, ye have a reward without measure.

The second last verse seems to put the believers in front of the Muslims, but as you can see that they are not that high up, there is still more way to go, as the above verse they still need to purify themselves

I think Muslims are a general term for all people who follow Islam, and believers are people who have accepted the message or made habit out of the rituals, or even some faith entered their heart

Is there a difference between muslim and believer?

If yes what is the differences?

(salam)

Yes there is difference..Look what our Aimmah has to say

5 - علي بن إبراهيم، عن محمد بن عيسى، عن يونس قال: سألت أبا الحسن الرضا (عليه السلام) عن الايمان والاسلام فقال: قال أبو جعفر (عليه السلام): إنما هو الاسلام، والايمان فوقه بدرجة والتقوى فوق الايمان بدرجة واليقين فوق التقوى بدرجة ولم يقسم بين الناس شئ أقل من اليقين، قال: قلت فأي شئ اليقين؟ قال: التوكل على الله والتسليم لله والرضا بقضاء الله والتفويض إلى الله. قلت: فما تفسير ذلك؟ قال: هكذا قال أبو جعفر (عليه السلام).

Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from Yunus who has said the following:

“I asked abu al-Hassan al-Rida(as) about belief and Islam and he said, abu Ja’far(as) has said the following:

‘There is Islam. Belief is one degree higher above Islam, and piety is one degree higher above belief. Certainty is by one degree higher above piety and nothing is distributed among people so little as certainty is.’ I then said, ‘What then is certainty?’ The Imam said, ‘It is trust in Allah, submission to Allah, accepting the decision of Allah and allowing Allah to be the person in charge of one’s affairs.’ I then said, ‘What then is the interpretation of that?’ The Imam said, ‘This is how abu Ja’far(as) said it is.’”

-Al-Kafi by Kulayni,Vol 2,Pg 52,H 5

-Allamah Majlisi said hadeeth is "Saheeh" (Mirat ul Uqool 7/327)

3 - محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن الحسن بن محبوب، عن علي ابن رئاب، عن حمران بن أعين قال: سمعت أبا جعفر (عليه السلام) يقول: إن الله فضل الايمان على الاسلام بدرجة كما فضل الكعبة على المسجد الحرام

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from Al-Hassan ibn Mahbub from Ali ibn Ri’ab from Humran ibn ‘A’Yun who has said the following:

“I heard abu Ja’far(as) saying, ‘Allah has given superiority to belief over Islam by one degree just as He has given superiority to al-Ka’ba over the Sacred Mosque.’”

-Al-Kafi by Kulayni,Vol 2,Pg 52,H 3

-Allamah Majlisi said hadeeth is "Hasan" (Mirat ul Uqool 7/326)

(wasalam)

Edited by aquibriz

Modest Muslim can you please stop posting large numbers of one-liners please. It makes it look as if you are trying to reach some kind of target.

Modest Muslim can you please stop posting large numbers of one-liners please. It makes it look as if you are trying to reach some kind of target.

I'm sorry if I troubled you. I only wanted to talk.