Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Yabnul_Taha

Extending Fast

Rate this topic

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Lately I've been fasting nearly everyday. This is day number 9, actually. Anyways, sometimes, when something bad happens and I feel I need to make pennance, one way I will go about this is to avoid eating between Maghrib and Fajr. I'll open my fast with water and only consume water at night time. So around 48 hours without food (but I'm still drinking water at night). Is this allowed? I've done it 2 times since I've started my fasting, and I'm planning on doing it again tonight. To me it's not a big deal. It sucks, but I never get too weak to function. I am positive that it is not detrimental to my health at all (I've asked a doctor). But is there anything to indicate that this practice is haraam? Is it haraam to go without eating during the nights when fasting? جزاك اللهُ خير

في أمان الله

Your body and nafs have been given to your for safe keeping from Allah swt. They are "amanah." If you would like to deepen your relationship with Allah or ask for forgiveness they are certainly other means. Extra salat, dikhr, salatul layl, quran recitations, and the list goes on. These are wonderful days for mustahab sawm, however, you cannot deny yourself of everything completely. Eating is sometimes also considered a "shahwah." ( I sincerely hope you understand my English Arabic, btw).

That being said, fasting water for a time is a good detox albeit I hope you are not doing is for an extended period of time. In addition, in order to perform your ibadah, you must have the required energy for it, my friend. We consume food for energy!

I pray your siyam is accepted. May Allah bless you in this life and the hereafter.

Allah says the best food is hunger, so do not pay attention to this world and what this world says, of course you have to break your fast , bu you dont have to eat much when you break your fast

The Prophet (S) said,

"Lord! Lead me to a deed whereby I seek nearness to You.”

The Almighty said,

"Make your night a day and your day a night.”

The Prophet (S) said,

"How so, Lord?”

The Almighty said,

"Turn your sleep into prayer and your food into hunger.The Prophet (S) said,

"Lord! Lead me to a deed whereby I seek nearness to You.”

O Ahmad (S)! Do you know during what time a servant becomes close to Allah?”

The Prophet (S) said,

"No, Lord, I do not.”

The Almighty said,

"He does so when he is either hungry or prostrating.

"O Ahmad (S)! The people who seek the Hereafter are not pleased by food ever since they came to know their Lord,...."

The Almighty said,

"Make your night a day and your day a night.”

The Prophet (S) said,

"How so, Lord?”

The Almighty said,

"Turn your sleep into prayer and your food into hunger.

Edited by yukapuka