Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ugly Jinn

Interesting Masturbation Question

Rate this topic

A friend of mine had an interesting scenario. He was having pain in the groin area (testicular pain), he felt soreness from time to time for no apparent reason. He went to the doctor to get it checked out. Doctor stated he should get 2 tests done to make sure there is no infection; one is urine test, the other is semen test.

Now my friend is single, he would have no choice but to masturbate to produce semen.

I'm assuming because of the medical reason masturbation can be justified (halal)? Or if it's not, what's the solution? (and no, he can't get married that fast just so he can produce semen).

Aslamalaykum,

I'm assuming because of the medical reason masturbation can be justified (halal)?

Yes for medical reasons it is allowed, when patients go for IVF they have to produce semen for sample etc either by masturbation or having sexual intercourse but the former is what majority opt for.

Anabolic steroids increase the level of testosterone for males who struggle to produce enough. Although anabolic steroids are extremely dangerous if addicted to, he should consult with his doctor about using them as prescription drugs.

Masturbation is one of the filthiest acts in Islam, there is no justification for it, unless one's life is in danger.

Edited by GodBlessAli

I have read from Sistanis book regarding Fiqh, and somebody asked whether it was allowed for another person to do that for you(i.e wife/mutah) and it is permissible , so the person should seek some mutah agreement/arrangment for some woman to do this for them if it is necessary, or vice versa for woman and man

therefore there is no reason or need for a person to do this haram/harm to them self

Edited by yukapuka

Just an update: he had no choice but to masturbate and the tests showed he had an infection. He was prescribed antibiotics.

If there is a ruling for this scenario that would be helpful.

I have read from Sistanis book regarding Fiqh, and somebody asked whether it was allowed for another person to do that for you(i.e wife/mutah) and it is permissible

That's not considered masturbation.

On 6/6/2013 at 7:43 AM, SouthsideShia said:

I hope I'm misunderstanding this.

you cant help a people who dont want help and prefer ignorance, masturbation is haram period

there is plenty of available mutah options if it is necessary, butt he best and most succesfull way to tackle the issue is to be patient and overcome the nafs

there is no reason to be doing this vicious act , and it is innovation, and for that you will answer to God for the evil you committed and the oppression of your soul , your not doing anybody harm except yourself and if you dont care for yourself then we cant help you

but dont tell others that it is halal and cause them to fall outside of religion and into bidah, you will be punished for your misguidance also a great punishment

and if you think you can handle it, then go to your stove and put you hand on it while its hot, if you can endure that(and you cant) what makes you think you can endure the hell fire?

Just an update: he had no choice but to masturbate and the tests showed he had an infection. He was prescribed antibiotics.

If there is a ruling for this scenario that would be helpful.

That's not considered masturbation.

They can check for an infection using a blood test. Not sure why they needed semen.

There must be some other issue he is not telling, leaving out.

This is too funny.

The diagnosis of epididymo-orchitis (infection of the seminal tract) is clinical examination, urine testing, and gold standard is an ultrasound.

The boys are kept in the hammock. They're not needed to make this diagnosis at all

Funny medicine some people practice (or claim to anyway)

people just use all kinds of crazy justifications because they cant go outside of thier room and meet a person with whom they can interact and have a marriage/mutah relationship

seriously in this day and age, especially now, it is not hard to find women who are willig to do this, todays women are more sexually open then ever before, in fact they even advance towards you due to their perverted nature, but use this perversion of theirs to help yourself get closer to God if you cant be patient and overcome the desire

each person is different, and i know some men are more sexually inclined then others,, some have more testestorone due to their lifestyle while others dont, so if you have an urging need for it, go get mutah or marriage its so easy to find

and dont expect women to fall into your lap you must work for it

They can check for an infection using a blood test. Not sure why they needed semen.

There must be some other issue he is not telling, leaving out.

It was a semen infection, not a blood infection. You can't find a semen infection with a blood test. He told me he had Prostatitis. The Urologist didn't even ask for a blood test, because it had nothing to do with it, just urine and semen.

"Urine and semen test. Your doctor may want to examine samples of your urine or semen for signs of infection. In some cases, the doctor may take a series of samples before, during and after massaging your prostate with a lubricated, gloved finger."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prostatitis/DS00341/DSECTION=tests-and-diagnosis

Aslamalaykum,

Can u please substantiate your statement ?? Proof ??

I'm assuming because of the medical reason masturbation can be justified (halal)? Or if it's not, what's the solution? (and no, he can't get married that fast just so he can produce semen).

If your mate is a shia............

Q96: Certain illnesses require that the doctor may request the patientís semen for examination, and discharging it by the sharëi way is difficult because it must be discharged in the presence of the doctor.

A: If the patient is in dire need to do so, then he is allowed. (FM, pp. 431-32)

Q97: If a person desires to test his ability to have children and the doctor asks him to discharge the semen to examine it.

A: As long as he is not obliged to do that, it is not permissible for him to masturbate. (FM, p. 432)

Q98: A man cannot impregnate [sterile] and asks the doctor to determine the reason for his sterility through an examination of his sperm. The emission (of such semen) is obtained by the use of an instrument attached to his genitals and, by its movements, causes a discharge. Is this to be considered as masturbation and thus forbidden, or is it allowed for the purpose of the examination? And does it matter whether the patient is in difficulty or is acting out of necessity?

A: Yes, it is considered as masturbation. It is not allowed unless the examination requires it. It is equally so for reliance upon that except under the previous two situations [difficulty and necessity], assuming, as does your question that some definitive result can be determined from it. God knows best. (MMS, p. 14, Q11)

http://portalislamic...atid=53&Itemid=

If he is a sunni

I know masturbation is haraam in Islam. But if one want to check for the infertility, the laboratory people asking the sperm's of the man. We can't get the sperm without masturbating in the laboratory. So Please clear this issue as soon as possible. InshaAllah Allah will reward for U for this issue.

Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, that is permissible. It says in Fataawa al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Humayd (may Allaah have mercy on him) that he was asked about that and he replied:

There is nothing wrong with that so long as there is a need for it. Whoever masturbates without there being a need for it should be punished. But this is for a need, which is to produce semen for testing and to find out the reason why this person is not having children. The reason for that may rest with him or with his wife, so in this case there is nothing wrong with it in sha Allah.

From Fataawa al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Humayd, p. 271.

And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/27112

Edited by muslimunity1

A friend of mine had an interesting scenario. He was having pain in the groin area (testicular pain), he felt soreness from time to time for no apparent reason. He went to the doctor to get it checked out. Doctor stated he should get 2 tests done to make sure there is no infection; one is urine test, the other is semen test.

Now my friend is single, he would have no choice but to masturbate to produce semen.

You see thats a health risk right, it can be permissible for medical reasons as your life takes presidence over this matter!