Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Wind Chimes

Pakistani Society Part 3

Rate this topic

For those of you, who think that I am trying to bash Pakistani people, please understand that I am a Pakistani too. But we seriously need to identify our flaws and work together to mitigate them. Otherwise we would be stuck in this never ending circle of misery. I don’t mean to cause any harm.

Problem No. 3:

Law & Order

This should have been problem no.1 . Well law & order in Pakistan is non-existent. Period. We have so called statutes of law telling us how and what should be done. But as we all know that they can be bent anytime by the Superclass in our society.

Dough is what runs this community. Every person has a price here. Justice is an unknown phenomenon. We follow no rules. Well some of us do. Like 2% to 5% of us. The zeal and vigor with which we started off as a nation has vanished into thin air.

Both my maternal and paternal grandfathers were in the army back in their days and my maternal grandfather fought in WW II as well. If they saw the state in which Pakistan is in now, they would have shed tears of blood. My maternal grandfather could not sleep for days after the partition of East and West Pakistan. Our forefathers have sacrificed so much for this nation. And I don’t know where we are headed??

everyone stops at red, its not that bad over here now.

sorry I meant like at 1 am when in the most abandoned part of the city.. Good to hear this though, because accidents do happen.

Stopping at red stop lights in Pakistan is a bad idea, id say your chance of getting into a collision goes up 700%.

My mum was driving once and I was sat in the passenger seat and the signal turned red and so naturally my mum stopped and this car behind us collided with us. Not to make this dramatic but I scratched my hand!

sorry I meant like at 1 am when in the most abandoned part of the city.. Good to hear this though, because accidents do happen.

Hm but well when relating to Karachi, it never sleeps so the above statement doesnt apply over here lol.

Hm but well when relating to Karachi, it never sleeps so the above statement doesnt apply over here lol.

Wait so is Pakistan the capital of Karachi?

Nope?

but you know Karachi is famous for its worst traffic.

Jiski lathi uski bhains!

Law and order is rapidly declining and some places have it worse than others – Hazara and Karachi. And then there are parts of the country where life is normal but corruption prevails.

But the disgusting and appalling fact is that people are willing to integrate this decline in law and order into their lives. People strangely seem to be okay with it. Despite the complaining and dissatisfaction the system is embraced because it’s too large to be beaten – not blaming anybody.  

Some parts of the country are a war zone with continuous terrorist attacks. Every single day there is news of the loss of innocent lives and the culprits are never captured, or taken into a court of law or convicted.  And the affluent / every other politician are above the law. Mian Sahab alone has been accused of thousands of corruption cases and he will be the Prime Minister now! Sums up the country’s situation. There is a very small class of extremely corrupt and powerful Pakistanis that are more than happy to shatter the law for monetary gain.

I think the simplistic, poor awam is just.. frustrating to think about! I don’t want to blame them, but then there is no one else to blame. But then they are gharib and illiterate and they don’t know any better. I’m just torn..

I really don’t want to blame the poor when the well-off in the country cannot seem to accumulate enough wealth. Strangely, I am okay with the traffic police officer asking me for chai pani instead of giving me a speeding ticket. It’s understandable; the guy can barely put his kids in school, stands in the scorching heat all day and does not have a prospective bright future.

Shahbaz Sherif frequently promised pre election that he would rid Pakistan of the energy crisis in a certain period of time - i think it was 6 months or something.. And then even before taking over the government Nawaz Sherif said that his brother made such statements in the josh e khitabat. That is just disdainful and disrespectful and anybody who voted for them, and thought that he would have pankhay ki hawa, is probably cringing right now. But as a nation we will probably not hold them accountable. That is the problem!  Everyone who breaks or mends the law must be punished according to the constitution.

My point is that there is no accountability. The less well accept the bullying from the affluent.  Which leads to a nonexistent law. We need a revolution but we don’t seem to want a revolution. Therefore we shall unhappily succumb to our pathetic state for another few decades probably.

Do you remember that PPP minister, Jatoi whoever, said that corruption was his right because it was the culture and that whoever abstained from it was at loss! That’s how everybody thinks unfortunately, he just said it out loud, I don’t know what happened to that guy, but I won’t be surprised if he has an important position..

Jiski lathi uski bhains!

No one can deny that.

Law and order is rapidly declining and some places have it worse than others – Hazara and Karachi. And then there are parts of the country where life is normal but corruption prevails.

Karachi is a city ruled by hoodlums and galoots of the worst kind. I have a few relatives living there and I am always concerned about their safety.

But the disgusting and appalling fact is that people are willing to integrate this decline in law and order into their lives. People strangely seem to be okay with it. Despite the complaining and dissatisfaction the system is embraced because it’s too large to be beaten – not blaming anybody.

I second that.

Not only ok with it but also have become a part of this system. It is the responsibilty of each indiviual to play his/her part but do we??

Some parts of the country are a war zone with continuous terrorist attacks. Every single day there is news of the loss of innocent lives and the culprits are never captured, or taken into a court of law or convicted. And the affluent / every other politician are above the law. Mian Sahab alone has been accused of thousands of corruption cases and he will be the Prime Minister now! Sums up the country’s situation. There is a very small class of extremely corrupt and powerful Pakistanis that are more than happy to shatter the law for monetary gain.

Exactly. Makes my head boil. Perfect conditions to poach an egg I suppose. :D

Do you remember that PPP minister, Jatoi whoever, said that corruption was his right because it was the culture and that whoever abstained from it was at loss! That’s how everybody thinks unfortunately, he just said it out loud, I don’t know what happened to that guy, but I won’t be surprised if he has an important position..

I wonder how he will justify himself in front of Allah(swt) on the day of judgement.

Edited by Wind Chimes

Your assumptions upon which you are basing these discussions are unfortunately non-existant. Pakistan has no social fabric. It is like a herd of wolves, the occasional sheep, birds that stay airborne nest upon trees to raise families and never touch the ground, crocodiles, snakes, hyenas, giants. It is a puppet state of USA which controls it through the brass of Pak Army and now it is being driven to its end while the traditional onlookers are starting to fear such a change. It has been a massive test bed for all sorts of bad social experiments. The result you have now is a fallout of chaos and corruption. It cannot be fixed conventionally or by its "people".

I felt so depressed yesterday after reading that intelligent/successful indian/ pakistani shias will take over Iran. Now I have hope, Pakistani shias have too many problems, may be indian shias will take over some other country (US?) and Iran will remain same.

I have an uncle, he wears a seat belt and he stops at every red traffic light, do you know how rare that is?

My dad does the same. And so we have to leave earlier than normal to factor in the time lost due to shareef driving.

I felt so depressed yesterday after reading that intelligent/successful indian/ pakistani shias will take over Iran. Now I have hope, Pakistani shias have too many problems, may be indian shias will take over some other country (US?) and Iran will remain same.

(salam)

Yup Iran will stay blue and non spicy :D

I'm sure this is all the fault of the Jews somehow. :dry:

You have people who will logically conclude this scenario without much trouble and they would be earnest about it.

I'm sure this is all the fault of the Jews somehow. :dry:

You are half right. In fact, it's a joint Zionist-Indian plot to destabilise Pakistan in order to be able to take its nuclear weapons. Once that is done, all the Muslims in the world can be subjugated.

Not rare in Islamabad at all, you get fined for driving without seatbelts. Also, 90% of the people here obey traffic lights.

Wasalaam

Things have changed quite a lot. Can't say about the seat belt thing since I don't wear it either when I'm driving in the city (40-60 KM max. You don't need a darn seat belt for this speed) but you'll have most cars - cars - stop at red lights at all times. The motorcycle walas, a group I have come to disdain so much, those are the ones who will not stop at a traffic signal even in rush hours if in their estimation they can cross the junction without being hit. Motorcycles do not have seat belts either. And most of them won't wear helmets.

The newer generation may drive fast but they are better drivers than the previous generations and since the roads are more busy, they tend to keep their eyes open. The older drivers, however, drive with their eyes closed (eyes = side mirrors), believing they have an open field to drive.

Edited by Marbles

So you are implying that nothing should be done by us the "people" to change this fallout of chaos and corruption?

We have tried and failed through history. Look at the latest elections for instance. I was told about the outcome and I shared it here on SC, in fact all the disillusioned and well connected people had foreknowledge of the result several months ago. The masses of youth and spirited people of Pakistan were dealt a confidence shattering, demoralizing cheat by the powers that be.

As for doing nothing, do you realize whats needed? Doing something is not needed. The extreme none of us can go to is needed and that is sacrificing our blood. Through history, this has been the only price of freedom and only real people and real nations pay it and earn the place they deserve.

Edited by Darth Vader

My dad does the same. And so we have to leave earlier than normal to factor in the time lost due to shareef driving.

It's the appropriate thing to do given that vehicles tend to drive the wrong way on one way streets..

Not rare in Islamabad at all, you get fined for driving without seatbelts. Also, 90% of the people here obey traffic lights.

Wasalaam

Really?! People get fined? Things have changed! and I've not caught on apparently.. Good to hear that traffic isn't that bad anymore.

Corrupt society always makes people corrupt. If everyone is getting away with breaking law so what intensive are there to follow it. Frankly, it's very scary to live in a place where you have to be bad/evil to just fit in with the rest. As you can observe, corrupt society doesn't really produce good Muslim or human being.

.....accordingly, Pakistanis are neither good Muslims nor human beings.

I disagree. You should have said 'some Pakistanis'. Actually majority Pakistanis not good. They dont care about others. But come in Pakistan, you will see many good Pakistanis.

Edited by akramabbas

I have an uncle, he wears a seat belt and he stops at every red traffic light, do you know how rare that is?

Here in Peshawar people follow the traffic signals, there is no seat belt concept though.

Jiski lathi uski bhains!

If we stop being bhains, no on can drive us with lathis.

generalizing :no:

Thats a really bad judgement, so whos proving to be a really sick and judgmental human being?

It's a fact that situation is getting really bad in Pakistan. I believe it's because of the way people treat Khanam Tayyaba. I have never seen so much disrespect for a scholar and She is not an ordinary scholar. The sad part is it's not the wahabis, shia men and women talk about her so much. I believe it's wrath of Allah, She can turn all those people into small, little insects. I guess people are against her because She talks about women rights so much and She appears on TV. She has so much knowledge, She cannot waste Her time on few hundred people. There should be hundreds of thousands of people listening every time She talks.I am glad She appears on TV so much, She is making shias proud. I thought it was impossible to do hijab in Pakistani society, She is showing how you can do hijab and be successful while living in that society. If any Pakistani sees people talking about Her, they should stop people.

Edited by Mokhtar2012

It's a fact that situation is getting really bad in Pakistan. I believe it's because of the way people treat Khanam Tayyaba. I have never seen so much disrespect for a scholar and She is not an ordinary scholar. The sad part is it's not the wahabis, shia men and women talk about her so much. I believe it's wrath of Allah, She can turn all those people into small, little insects. I guess people are against her because She talks about women rights so much and She appears on TV. She has so much knowledge, She cannot waste Her time on few hundred people. There should be hundreds of thousands of people listening every time She talks.I am glad She appears on TV so much, She is making shias proud. I thought it was impossible to do hijab in Pakistani society, She is showing how you can do hijab and be successful while living in that society. If any Pakistani sees people talking about Her, they should stop people.

hqdefault.jpg

Actually once i discussed it with some sisters who had problem with her.

their points were

as a female who is representing shia islam on media,her hijab is not kamil.

a female is not supposed to recite a majlis where men are in audience too.

and there were few other points i cant remember.