Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Pet Do You Own?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I am bored, procrastinating and love animals, so thought i would start this topic, not sure if has been started before.....

:P

So, what type of pet do you own?

Whats their name?

Whats the coolest thing they can do?

Feel free to share a picture ^_^

I own a parrot, a cockatiel who can talk ^_^

• Advanced Member

None, but I want a kitten :cry:.

You should get one! ^_^

I want one too but my parents would probably kick me AND the kitten out of the house lol....I use own alot of parrots, a galah, lovebirds, budgies, indian ringneck..etc but my parents made me get rid of them :cry:

• Advanced Member

You should get one! ^_^

I want one too but my parents would probably kick me AND the kitten out of the house lol....I use own alot of parrots, a galah, lovebirds, budgies, indian ringneck..etc but my parents made me get rid of them :cry:

I can't because my parents will kick it out the house to :dry:. You seem to really like animals :P.

• Advanced Member

^ Yea I feel bad having single pets. It's already painful limiting their freedom. Getting them a partner or some company can help overcome some of the guilt for keeping them as pets.

Maybe you could use such reasoning with your parents to convince them to get a wifey for your bird?!! But if they're pure Arabs they'd probably crack up laughing their heads off at ya :P So be warned...

• Advanced Member

^ Yea I feel bad having single pets. It's already painful limiting their freedom. Getting them a partner or some company can help overcome some of the guilt for keeping them as pets.

Maybe you could use such reasoning with your parents to convince them to get a wifey for your bird?!! But if they're pure Arabs they'd probably crack up laughing their heads off at ya :P So be warned...

Yea they seem so lonely!

yep pure bred arabs........they already think i'm crazy so thats no biggie, since i bought a baby cockatoo and handraised it with formula, and made it a cradle, with blankets and woke up in the middle of the night to feed it when it was hungry for like 4 months........ :wacko:

I spoil my birds, and parents made fun of me at first but then they became attached to them! My mum loves my cockatiel because he has conversations with her in english and she replies in arabic, classic :P

I did have a chicken, but it was martyred by a fox (la).

Now I have a bonsai tree!

oooo thats cool, i always wanted one of those!! do they actually grow? silly question i know, but i never kept one before, they look so artificial but so cool

I used to have pets when I was a kid, I do not keep anymore--; but technically I do have one---a steppe eagle --it was a gift so could not throw or gave it away; we both prefer to avoid each other---

ah wow, an eagle? that is soooooo coool, where do you live so they let you legally keep an eagle?? :wacko: always wanted a falcon, but since i held one and felt those talons and how big and heavy they are lol......changed my mind, that beak looks like its capable of murder :donno:

• Veteran Member

oooo thats cool, i always wanted one of those!! do they actually grow? silly question i know, but i never kept one before, they look so artificial but so cool

Yes, they grow albeit slowly. They are grafted.

Yeah same! Ever since Mr. Miyagi had one! I don't know how much it grows - I only just got mine. It has little flowers :)

It's pretty cool, literally a little tree.

• Advanced Member

Yes, they grow albeit slowly. They are grafted.

Yeah same! Ever since Mr. Miyagi had one! I don't know how much it grows - I only just got mine. It has little flowers :)

It's pretty cool, literally a little tree.

they sound pretty cool, I will actually look into getting one...:)

I want to have one of these..

omg sooooooo cute!!!! i want one too :(

• Advanced Member

ah wow, an eagle? that is soooooo coool, where do you live so they let you legally keep an eagle?? :wacko: always wanted a falcon, but since i held one and felt those talons and how big and heavy they are lol......changed my mind, that beak looks like its capable of murder :donno:

Most types of falcons are smaller but faster than eagles; and yes these beaks and talons are capable of murder, that what's they are for, actually---to kill

I wear leather bands on arms to have him perch on it occasionally. Fish and chicken, sometimes quails or even a big chunk out of a roast mutton leg, nice thing about him is he is a silent bird, does not talk his and mine brains off. minds his own business and comes to me only for an occasional touch and pet....

Name is Ameer.

Edited by ילדת מלך
  • Advanced Member

My rooster is single, but it has got some serious anger management problems.

lol its the male ego unfortunately :P

dont your neighbours complain about the sound in the morning lol?

Most types of falcons are smaller but faster than eagles; and yes these beaks and talons are capable of murder, that what's they are for, actually---to kill

I wear leather bands on arms to have him perch on it occasionally. Fish and chicken, sometimes quails or even a big chunk out of a roast mutton leg, nice thing about him is he is a silent bird, does not talk his and mine brains off. minds his own business and comes to me only for an occasional touch and pet....

Name is Ameer.

thats so cool!!! where do you keep it? and is it legal where you live?

• 11 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I do not have a pet, personally not a great animals person, more into plants and gardening. But we do have a horse and some cows and goats. However, I myswlf live in a town, and so do not feel it is a good idea to have a oet. If i had a large amount of land I would love a horse of my own and a nice husky or german sheppard.

• Veteran Member

When I was young, we used to have roosters and hens, but later as they diminished (courtesy of stray cats), we bought pigeons. Sadly they too were a target.

My neighbour has a German Shephard (which I deeply loathe). Does that count ?

• Advanced Member

I don't have any now, but in the past I was quite a pet-keeping guy.

For starters, we used to have fishes but then the cleaning of the tank occasionally deterred to keep them for long.

Then came a pair of lovely lovebirds. 

A parrot came in after a few weeks. My mom left the cage door open absent-mindedly and it flew. Of course.

Later, me and my brother found a lone parrot taking shelter in a hole in the gutter area while it was raining heavily. The poor thing was gonna die, so we took him in. That idiot of a parrot used to scream his lungs out at 7 o'clock in the morning every_single_day. Got rid of him :P

And although not as pets, but a few years ago, my father had a habit of spattering grains on our terrace. That would attract a pandemonium of parrots every morning and it was astonishing to see so many gathered at a time, for we live in a concrete jungle and the only way the flock can come is from a massive zoo garden located a couple of kilometres away.

Now, I feel I should get one. A camel maybe?