Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ibtihaal

I Want To Get Married

Rate this topic

Here's another random topic since we're throwing topics around; what's up with so many Muslim guys hating the hijab?

You know how many suitors have said : " I'm going to need you to take that thing off" ? And yes, they were practicing Muslims.

Maybe they meant as in to see what you looked like without Hijab, not actually take it off after marriage? Of course, you'd know better than anyone what they were implying but perhaps they meant to see you with no Hijab because if a man wishes to see what his potential wife looks like with no Hijab, he is allowed (according to our Fiqh) to look once (with the Father's consent of course) if the girl agree's.

But then again, how many Daddies would agree to that? :rolleyes:

I think only smart Muslims should get married. What I mean is all Muslims who want to get married should take an IQ test.

If they score high we should help them get married because we want our future generation to be intelligent.

If the person scores low we should encourage them to permanently sterilize themselves first before getting married.

This marriage thing is too complicated, I think I will just buy a PS4 instead. :unsure:

LOOOOOOL :lol: Post of the month!

Keep looking bro, it will be rewarding in the end when Allah blesses you with an amazing spouse to tackle life's ups and downs with :)

LOOOOOOL :lol: Post of the month!

Keep looking bro, it will be rewarding in the end when Allah blesses you with an amazing spouse to tackle life's ups and downs with :)

lol.. Allah ysalmak bro, inshAllah you too will be blessed ^^

Maybe they meant as in to see what you looked like without Hijab, not actually take it off after marriage? Of course, you'd know better than anyone what they were implying but perhaps they meant to see you with no Hijab because if a man wishes to see what his potential wife looks like with no Hijab, he is allowed (according to our Fiqh) to look once (with the Father's consent of course) if the girl agree's.

But then again, how many Daddies would agree to that? :rolleyes:

Totally get what you're saying and I have had that requested.

But...with the situations I'm referring to that wasn't the case. One adamantly argued it wasn't in the Quran, another swore I could be just as modest without it, and another said it was "embarrassing" in front of his friends/co-workers.

Salam, I had one ask me if I would take  off my hijab while vacationing in Europe.

My dad's response :"To hell with him and Europe, 3amel roo7a Englisi" Haha Baba

See! I knew it wasn't just me! Outrageous requests. Tisk.. tisk. 

LOL love your dad's response though. 

Salam!

I really don´t understand why any Woman should take off her Hijab while in Europe. I live in Germany and have been to England very often as part of my Family lives there and it is a normal scene on the Streets here to have Women with and without Hijab walking alongside each other. No Problem at all. Any Men to ask this of his Wife should be ashamed of Himself. He should rather be Proud of his Wife.

ws Salima

I think only smart Muslims should get married. What I mean is all Muslims who want to get married should take an IQ test.

If they score high we should help them get married because we want our future generation to be intelligent.

If the person scores low we should encourage them to permanently sterilize themselves first before getting married.

That's called eugenics.

Salam,

the best place to find a husband is at your local islamic center, because chances are they will have the same interests as you, and you will be religiosly compatible. Also when looking for a guy, focus on two things

1. Their akhlaaq

2.their deen.

trust me, looks and money comes after that. :)

its scary how more & more girls are getting married younger ages , the cultural clock is turned back hundreds of years to the 700s ,

married at 19 , children at 20 , more children , rising populations , corruption , poverty.

seems that as return to early marriages is sign

of resurgence to jahaliyya period

its scary how more & more girls are getting married younger ages , the cultural clock is turned back hundreds of years to the 700s ,

married at 19 , children at 20 , more children , rising populations , corruption , poverty.

Are you saying that nowadays girls are getting married at younger ages? Where are you seeing that? I don't see that at all.......

Are you saying that nowadays girls are getting married at younger ages? Where are you seeing that? I don't see that at all.......

yes , girls are marrying earlier today than before say for example in the 70s-80s. it depends on where you are from , i am speaking about Arabs. and i know majority of Pakistanis/ south asians marry at these ages like 18-19 even for the brothers.

if you from Arab country, you will see this maybe in your country not in the west.

No way.  More women are going to university and don't get married (if at all) until at least their 30s.

No way.  More women are going to university and don't get married (if at all) until at least their 30s.

not true , young women today are marrying earlier. if they find themselves in mid 20s or later & unmarried it is cuz they have not found anyone suitable for them. but overall the intentions is for girls to marry early today and most girls is looking to marry young

not true , young women today are marrying earlier. if they find themselves in mid 20s or later & unmarried it is cuz they have not found anyone suitable for them. but overall the intentions is for girls to marry early today and most girls is looking to marry young

We must be living in different places, or different centuries. 

Yea that's what I think as well..... at least the Arabs or Pakistanis or Persians I know here in the west even from very practicing families don't get married before 23-24 average, maybe in the Middle East you see it but I don't know about that. 

different cultures is the case

Yea that's what I think as well..... at least the Arabs or Pakistanis or Persians I know here in the west even from very practicing families don't get married before 23-24 average, maybe in the Middle East you see it but I don't know about that. 

i don't believe about pakis , all the pakis i know in west and middle east are married by age 18-19 especially the case for girls

Maybe it's a community trend? we can't generalize with a small sample population. I actually know more converts than got married before 20 than Arabs, Pakistanis or Persians. But the less people I know are Pakistanis, I have only met Pakistanis older than 30 years old and many sunni pakis that have not been married before they turn 23. 

Definitely the trend is towards marrying later, for all cultural and religious groups in the world.  For economic reasons, educational/work reasons, social shifts, etc.  In fact, the overall rate of marriage itself is in decline.  More are either staying single or cohabitating.  Birth rates are also in decline in many parts of the world.

Sounds like you are using the same anecdotal style of evidence that you used in your anti-doctor tirade previously.

^Seriously I have never seen this once.  Everybody goes to university.  Most don't even think about marriage until their late 20s at the earliest. 

Definitely the trend is towards marrying later, for all cultural and religious groups in the world.  For economic reasons, educational/work reasons, social shifts, etc.  In fact, the overall rate of marriage itself is in decline.  More are either staying single or cohabitating.  Birth rates are also in decline in many parts of the world.

Sounds like you are using the same anecdotal style of evidence that you used in your anti-doctor tirade previously.

are you talking about pakis in that first line? maybe is different century after all , it is known paki cultural supports early marriage , if you 23 female and still not married , community look at you like your a spinster

anecdotes? hahaha , made me laugh.  hope you're still not holding that doctor grudge 

are you talking about pakis in that first line? maybe is different century after all , it is known paki cultural supports early marriage , if you 23 female and still not married , community look at you like your a spinster

anecdotes? hahaha , made me laugh.  hope you're still not holding that doctor grudge 

I'm talking about the whole world.  I don't care about "paki" culture.  All the ones I've seen put education first, and marriage in a far away second. 

Id like to live in that culture. Im paki american, if you get married before 24, you are considered not serious about life, lazy, dumb ect.

I know pakis in pak like early marriage tho.