Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Iamgr8

What Do Shias Really Think About Abu Bakr (Ra)?

Rate this topic

Abu Bakr (ra) was the most closest friend and father in law of Prophet Muhaamad (s). Why do some Shias say bad words against him? What are the reasons behind disliking him?

I don't know what other Shias think of Abu Bakr but I personally think it would be better if he had died when he was a baby :) :) :) :) :) ....

That way he still had a chance to go to Jannah. lolzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Waiting for HIM

Abu Bakr (ra) was the most closest friend and father in law of Prophet Muhaamad (s). Why do some Shias say bad words against him? What are the reasons behind disliking him?

(salam)

there are many reasons.. but one reason is that Abu Bakr hurt Bibi Fatima (as), it was about Fadak. and this incident is also quoted in Sahih Bukhari. So how can we love those who hurt Ahl-e-Bait (as) ? and Bibi Fatima (as) never forgive him.

(salam)

Because after the death of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) there was a huge divide. It was between his family and his companions. Things got ugly and there were wars where people died. We have to pick a side. And so we chose the side that the Prophet (pbuh) ordered us to choose. He said over and over that we should hold fast to the Quran and the Ahlulbayt (his family). So when fights happened, wars happened, and people died, we took the side of Ahlulbayt (as) because that is what we were told to do by the Prophet (pbuh). Sunnis, on the other hand, take the side of the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as) because that's what `Umar (one of their enemies) said to do and Sunnis regard `Umar as wiser and of higher status than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). (See my thread before you call me a liar.)

I don't know what other Shias think of Abu Bakr but I personally think it would be better if he had died when he was a baby :) :) :) :) :) ....

That way he still had a chance to go to Jannah. lolzzzzzzzzz

Astagfirullah

What have you written about the Prophet (saw)'s closest friend? Such bad words against Prophet's dear friend is not expected from a Muslim. Please seek tauba. Abu Bakr (ra) was one of the greatest companions of the Prophet (saw). Insulting any companions including Abu Bakr (ra) is totally prohibitted.

Who said that? Let me guess. A companion?

Who said that? Let me guess. A companion?

Prophet (pbuh) was very pleased with Hazrat Abu Bakr (ra)'s dedication towrds Islam. Abu Bakr dedicated his whole life to Islam. Just because Hazrat Ali (ra) was not the immidiate successor of the prophet (pbuh) you can't say bad things about Hazrat Abu Bakr (ra). DidHazrat Ali (ra) say anything bad about him? NO.

Shias also should stop insulting him.

Prophet (pbuh) was very pleased with Hazrat Abu Bakr (ra)'s dedication towrds Islam. Abu Bakr dedicated his whole life to Islam. Just because Hazrat Ali (ra) was not the immidiate successor of the prophet (pbuh) you can't say bad things about Hazrat Abu Bakr (ra). DidHazrat Ali (ra) say anything bad about him? NO.

Who do you think was more dearer to Prophet Mohammed (pbuh), was it Bibi Fatemah (s) or Abu Bakr?

Who was called a part of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) ?

Whose anger means angering the prophet (pbuh) which means angering Allah (swt)?

When you find the answers to the above questions you will have the answer to your question as well.

read Nehjul Balagah, and see what Imam Ali (as) said about Abu Bakar (Abi Quhafa). now don't say Nehjul Balagah is a shia book. I myself don't like saying bad words to Abu Bakar or anyone, but whatever they did was totally wrong. Abu Bakar hurt Bibi Fatima (as) ... that's fact which is found in Shia and Sunni books.

Edited by akramabbas

Who do you think was more dearer to Prophet Mohammed (pbuh), was it Bibi Fatemah (s) or Abu Bakr?

Who was called a part of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) ?

Whose anger means angering the prophet (pbuh) which means angering Allah (swt)?

When you find the answers to the above questions you will have the answer to your question as well.

Some sources for you brother:

We read in Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 53, Number 325:

Narrated 'Aisha:

(mother of the believers) After the death of Allah 's Apostle Fatima the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her, her share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of Allah's Apostle.

We also read in both Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim:

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) had frequently said:

"Fatimah is a part of me. Whoever makes her angry, makes me angry."

Sunni references: - Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic-English, v5, Traditions #61 and #111 - Sahih Muslim, section of virtues of Fatimah, v4, pp 1904-5

We finally read in the Holy Quran:

[33:57] Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment.

Edited by mAlhakim

Prophet (pbuh) was very pleased with Hazrat Abu Bakr (ra)'s dedication towrds Islam.

Okay? Prophet (pbuh) died before Abu Bakr apostated.

Abu Bakr dedicated his whole life to Islam.

No. He dedicated his whole life to himself.

Just because Hazrat Ali (ra) was not the immidiate successor of the prophet (pbuh) you can't say bad things about Hazrat Abu Bakr (ra).

That's stupid logic and if you ever meet a Shi`a that says that, smack him. We say bad things about Abu Bakr because he was a bad person.

DidHazrat Ali (ra) say anything bad about him? NO.

YES.

Sunnis also should stop being blindly ignorant.

Edited by Yabnul_Taha

Okay? Prophet (pbuh) died before Abu Bakr apostated.

No. He dedicated his whole life to himself.

That's stupid logic and if you ever meet a Shi`a that says that, smack him. We say bad things about Abu Bakr because he was a bad person.

Sunnis also should stop being blindly ignorant.

Nice conclusion

Edited by skamran110

I'd say that the event of Fai and denying Fadak showed Abu Bakar's real self.

The event of his appointment as Caliph showed that he preferred his Quraeish decent over the prospect of an Ansars' take-over.

And in Heracluis event, we see that Heracluis do not prefer someone who is out to champion his ethnic group (Quraeish) saying that it shows that such a person is not sincere in the fight for the religion, but in a struggle for his creed. Struggling for creed as can be seen in Uthmaniah Dynasty, is typically Muawiyah mentality.

And what's wrong with Muawiyah's mentality is in his embrace of the Roman religion.