Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

So What Happened? Hacked?

Rate this topic

• Site Administrators

Is that all it was? Someone forgot to pay the bill.

We're broke. Generous members have left the forum :(

heh na, server went down and a message was received, followed by another message that the server is back up again. Strangely, site was still down. Ali had to manually 'refresh' to bring it to life.....

That was quite a depressing. You don't treasure something until you lose it, you know? I just feared that my threads and posts were lost forever. I thought the forum had closed.

Does anyone know if these threads are preserved in some archives elsewhere? It's pretty darn stupid if they're not. This forum will shut down one day and all the great discussions will be gone to waste.

• Veteran Member

That was quite a depressing. You don't treasure something until you lose it, you know? I just feared that my threads and posts were lost forever. I thought the forum had closed.

Does anyone know if these threads are preserved in some archives elsewhere? It's pretty darn stupid if they're not. This forum will shut down one day and all the great discussions will be gone to waste.

Yes, there is back up, although many threads have been lost forever in the past owing to some serious glitches.

The host servers were down for maintenance. It was not only SC; many other forums run on those servers were also down.

Yes, there is back up, although many threads have been lost forever in the past owing to some serious glitches.

The host servers were down for maintenance. It was not only SC; many other forums run on those servers were also down.

How unfortunate. Is there a link where it's all stored? Where is it?

• Veteran Member

I felt isolated, cut-off, in the dark and I felt SC had been blocked or worse. During these 3 days, of all the people I had ever met on SC, I missed Ali-F the most. *pouts with tears*

Edited by Darth Vader

Well Osama Hatum came to visit us at Gypsy's blog while we were discussing the reason the site might be down. It was quite lovely to come across him again :rolleyes: ....unfortunately Gypsy had to put administrator approval on all comments being made and delete many of the posts he made....which further reinforces the fact that IT WAS HIM sending out dirty messages to people....it can't be denied now all of you hatum supporters.

• Advanced Member

Well Osama Hatum came to visit us at Gypsy's blog while we were discussing the reason the site might be down. It was quite lovely to come across him again :rolleyes: ....unfortunately Gypsy had to put administrator approval on all comments being made and delete many of the posts he made....which further reinforces the fact that IT WAS HIM sending out dirty messages to people....it can't be denied now all of you hatum supporters.

What does Osama have to do with the topic of this thread?

I don't think ordinary members have default access to the back up.

Who does then? The owner of the forum? Where does the information get stored?

You have an enormous amount of posts. Wouldn't you want to access it for, I don't know, future reference or to reminisce on good e-times? If it's locked up somewhere, it's pretty much lost.

Edited by Rorschach

• Veteran Member

You have an enormous amount of posts. Wouldn't you want to access it for, I don't know, future reference or to reminisce on good e-times? If it's locked up somewhere, it's pretty much lost.

You just made me want to have access to the back up :(

What does Osama have to do with the topic of this thread?

The topic of this thread is about how ShiaChat was down for 2-3 days. During that period, Osama caused a lot of problems elsewhere. At least here, the mods can keep an eye on any accounts he may have ;) That's the relevance.

You were asking this because you knew you'd get banned, right? ;)