Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Emad1

Asking Help From Imams Other Than Allah?

Rate this topic

Salam everyone im a little confused about a particular subject regarding the imams AS. Now i have watched some lectures and i see some shia ullama/lectures make statements regarding asking help from the imams AS to cure them help them etc. I kinda understand the concept of wasila but, just hoping can someone explain it in detail i mean what limits are there. The sheiks also say things like the universe is in the imams hands, and if they desire something they say be and it is. now what are the limits when it comes to imams Are they calling the imams directly to heal them or Allah heals them because the imams are the wasilla? and they have such a high position in front of Allah SWT, and are such comments wrong to make according to followers of ahlul bayt AS.? Any answers would be much appreciated.

This lecture might help

Also what it means is that u ask them for help

So if u read dua twassul you'll understand what it truely means

Like oh imam Ali (as) stand by me when Allah makes a judgement over me and speak in my favour. But when making dua don't forget that Allah I alla powerfull and even if u ask the imams (as) if Allah doesn't want u to then u won't. Ultimently Allah decide

the Imams had said that "we ae the names of Allah"

and whenever a person asks Allah for help, he never directly asks God but asks in the "names" of God

Bismillah-hi rahman iraheem

In the "name" of Allah Most Gracius Most Mercifull

Whatever you ask, for forgiveness, or whatever it may be, you ask in the names

and that is why if you are asking for forgiveness, it is good way to ask in the name of "Rahman Ir Raheem" as you would normally "Bismillahirahman ir raheem Astagfirullah"

or such names as Al afoo "the pardoner" etc

if your asking for increase in livelyhood you would ask in the appropriate name , however you can still ask in any of the names of Allah nevertheless

Even the Prophets of the past used to ask in the names of Ahlul Bayt

As you know with the Ahlul Bayt they are God's most loved people, so they are a monument to his mercy

Edited by yukapuka

Salam ok I understand the concept and watched sayed Ammars lecture which was very informative and I gained alot of knowledge from. Now just another point which Relates to other lectures I've watched by other scholars, which some state the universe is in the hands of ahlul bayt ie imams which I'm a little confused by as I don't understand this concept can someone kindly reply regarding such statements and elaborate so I can understand would be greatly appreciated wa Salam.

To my Knoweldge all this means is that they have authorities over the universe given by the most hight and exalted Allah (swt). So you may have heard the story's of people who WHITH the permission of Allah (swt) may preform mericals.

Some examples is basically

Chapter 3 the family of imran verse number 49

"And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah . And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah . And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers."

As you can see this verse clearly states that prophet isa (as) had controll over the universe like this the ahlul bayt (as) also have it, so with the premission of Allah (swt) they can help you because they can also "cure the blind" WITH THE PREMISSION of Allah (swt) also as you can see I have proven the concept that They have premssion over the universe using the quran.

Also we belive that the ahlul bayt (as) are greater than prophets, ( ovbly not including prophet Muhammed (as) as he's the greatest man ever in this earth) so if Allah were to give premssion to hazrat isa (as) then the ahlul bayt (as) would also have this attribute. With the premission of Allah, you must have heard many story's where people were sick and visited the grave of one of the ahlul bayt and they were cured, this is because Allah gave them this premssion like he have to prophet Jesus (as) as proven in chaper 3 verse 49.

So you can ask or do tawassul in anything even if ur child is disabled you can ask because they can help in such a area because Jesus could "cure the blind.......resurrect the dead" with the presmisson of Allah (swt) and so can the ahlul bayt (as)

Here is an example

Hojjatoleslam Sheikh Mohammad Taqi Nahvi, the Qommi preacher narrated as follows from his late father, Haj Sheikh Abolqassem Nahvi on 16 Moharram 1417 (A.H.)

The late Nahvi were residing in Najaf Ashraf as instructed by Hazrat Ayatollah Ozma Boroujerdi (r.a.) along with his son. They were going to Karbala for a special Ziarat of Sayedoshohada Aba Abdellah Hossein (a.s.) concurrent with 15th Sha'ban. First they went to the holy shrine of Hazrat Imam Hossein (a.s.), and then to the holy shrine of Hazrat Qamar Bani Hashem (a.s.). Once going to the shrine of Hazrat Abalfazl (a.s.), they see a 13-14 years old youth struck with electricity and died!

His father was talking with Hazrat Qamar Bani Hashem (a.s.), and said: Dear master, you know that I was going to come to your Ziarat, but my wife did not agree for bringing him here. Now, what shall I reply her if I come back home without him?! The late Nahvi says: I saw the dead child moved thanks to the favor of Hazrat Qamar Bani Hashem (a.s.)! That is right, the youth was revived and came back to home along with his father.

Now refer this back to the quran chapter 3 verse number 49..... Could jesus (as) resurrect the dead with the premssion of Allah yes... Hazrat Qamar Bani Hashem (as) ( this is hazrat Abbas (as) brother of imam hussain(as) ) is also given this premssion from our lord. (And he isn't even a imam so imagine how much presmisson imam Hussain has the martr)

So the main concept is they can do mircrels with the premssion of Allah like isa (as) did

However ultimately all power and the decision lies with Allah (swt) and no leaf falls without his knowing or premssion. He is the only being who never dies, sleeps or needs rest. The most hight and the most holy, to whom we WILL return.

Edited by Syed Hussain

can we ask the imams and the ahlul bayt directly? like ya ali madad. sorry im new to shia islam. was sunni before. can you please help? when i am worried i say ya ali madad as ya hussain as ya fatima as, and then do that thing. is that permissible or some thing? 

can we ask the imams and the ahlul bayt directly? like ya ali madad. sorry im new to shia islam. was sunni before. can you please help? when i am worried i say ya ali madad as ya hussain as ya fatima as, and then do that thing. is that permissible or some thing? 

No;it's pure unadulterated shirk!

(bismillah)

Salam everyone im a little confused about a particular subject regarding the imams AS. Now i have watched some lectures and i see some shia ullama/lectures make statements regarding asking help from the imams AS to cure them help them etc. I kinda understand the concept of wasila but, just hoping can someone explain it in detail i mean what limits are there. The sheiks also say things like the universe is in the imams hands, and if they desire something they say be and it is. now what are the limits when it comes to imams Are they calling the imams directly to heal them or Allah heals them because the imams are the wasilla? and they have such a high position in front of Allah SWT, and are such comments wrong to make according to followers of ahlul bayt AS.? Any answers would be much appreciated.

(salam)

Yes. As per what has come in narrations from the Imam's (as). Specially have a read of the various Ziyarats from the Masoom (as).. 

Below is from Ziyarat-e-Jamiya:

يَا وَلِيَّ اللَّهِ إِنَّ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَ اللَّهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ ذُنُوباً لاَ يَأْتِي عَلَيْهَا إِلاَّ رِضَاكُمْ ‏فَبِحَقِّ مَنِ ائْتَمَنَكُمْ عَلَى سِرِّهِ وَاسْتَرْعَاكُمْ أَمْرَ خَلْقِهِ وَقَرَنَ طَاعَتَكُمْ بِطَاعَتِهِ ‏لَمَّا اسْتَوْهَبْتُمْ ذُنُوبِي وَكُنْتُمْ شُفَعَائِي

"Ya Wali Allah! Indeed there are sins between God - the mighty and tremendous - and me, that cannot be removed except by your pleasure; so by the one who has trusted you with His secret, and has made you shepherds in the affairs of His creation; and has conformed obeying you with obeying Him; seek the pardon of my sins; and you are my interceders." 

You can find further here: http://www.marefateahlebait.com/know-the-ahlul-bait/asking-help-from-imam

This topic has been discussed at length many times on this site.. doing a search would help..