Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
gameover256

I Had A Dream Where I Saw Imam Ali (A.s.)

Rate this topic

Bismillah Alrahman Alrahim

Assalamu Alikom Brothers and Sisters in Islam,

I have a question regarding a dream I recently had. Just before I go to details of the dream, I just wanted to make it clear that I don't usually have dreams about prophets and certainly not Imams of the Ahlulbait, although it would be an honour to meet such characters in my dreams.

So just before I went to bed, I decided to do something I usual haven't done before to get closer to Allah (S.W.T.). I kept my head in sajdah, and kept reciting Shukran (Thanks) and 'afwan (you are welcome OR Thank you) to Allah alone for at least a couple of minutes, until I started perspiration on the Turbah. I also placed my cheek each time on the Turbad and repeated the same words. I felt lighter Alhamdoillah, and thereafter went to sleep after watching an islamic lecture.

Naturally I wouldn't remember all of the dream, but the following is what is clear to me.

I found myself in a masjid (in Najaf I assume as it will become clear further on, although I have never been there), and there were a couple of people in front of me making duaa in front of this beautiful room sheltered by thick glass. I tried to look at it, and there I see Imam Ali (A.S.) making sajda without any movements with his cheek (can't remember left or right cheek) exactly in the same position as I did, before I went to sleep. And I even remember the sajda I made before I went to sleep in the dream whilst looking at him. I was able to see his hands and face. He had a dark complexion, almost very brown. It surprised me for some reason. Furthermore he was wearing the kind of clothing people would wear in those times before going to battle, with the armour and protective gear etc. The next part is what I really didn't understand. Due to his sajda position, he didn't seem to move at all, which made it difficult for me to make out whether he was alive.

This room Imam Ali (A.S.) was in had his stuff, a simple chair, things carved of wood and probably a bed as well. I took a few steps away to try to comprehend where this was, and I realised this was Najaf, and the masjid was the Imam Ali Masjid. So in essence his grave in the masjid, appeared to me as a room where he made sajda, and a few items were present with him.

Please Brothers and Sisters, I am wondering what this means, and I would really appreciate it, if someone could explain, why I saw Imam Ali (A.S.) in the first place, in the same position I made the sajda with my cheek on the Turbah, I saw him do the exact same sajda? Am I just reading too much into it, or does it actually signify something? After all I did what I did before going to bed, because I wanted to become closer to Allah (S.W.T.).

If your conscience tells you it was Ameer ul Momineen (as) then it was his majesty.

As far as dark complexion, a lots of our Aimah (as) are dark complexion, some well known are Imam Ali Zainulabideen (as), Imam Muhammad Taqi (as), Imam Ali Naqi (as). It's mostly the racism of Iranians, Azeris, Turks etc. who made the public image of Ahlulbayt (as) as very white Caucasian complexions. In reality most of Aimah and Awliah are brown or wheatish brown complexion.

Hmmm, since you saw him do the exact same thing as you, I thought it was subconscious. But then you mentioned armor like clothes. I saw Ali in a dream before, around 5-6 months ago (?) he was wearing such an outfit aswell. Khaki green in colour, age between 30 and 40 but he wasn't so dark skinned, just a tint.

Him being in a mosque, the items, not moving as if he was dead and the dark skin should have a meaning --- if it isn't subconscious ofc. Try ibn sirin dream interpretation(google).

(wasalam)

It could be indeed the subconscious. And if you were not 100% sure on whether it was the Imam (as) or not, then don't think about it for too long and just move on before it gets to you. Some people think they dream about heaven and then think they're the best of people, when in fact it was most likely shaytan tricking them.

So if you're 100% sure it was the Imam (as) then say shukr for it's indeed a great thing, but if you're not then just let it go.

most likely subconscious, and probably means you are on the right path. Our mind has a way of reassuring us about our choices in life, even to the extent of distracting and giving false hope.

A dream where you see one them, will probably be a least expected situation, time and will be irrelvant of what you did or felt before you slept.

maybe you have false hope, but others have more then that, if your disbelief in God and the soul is shaky or blind, you dont need to impose on others that belief

there is a reason why people lose faith, and it is because they commit sins, sins of any and many kind, and if your faith in God is shaky you will never be rid of it until you are rid of your sins, even if you stop sinning, it can take along time to remove sins or require to go thorough some hardship to remove sins, whether your sin are perpetual and habitual, or whether they come and go, your heart has become darkened, otherwise you would have no doubt whatsoever, and you too would bee seeing the light

"For surely it's not the eyes that are blind, but the heart.” 22:46

So stop spreading your blind propaganda to people. You only have your self and your action to blame for your disbelief

i was waiting for this yuka, as I said before, your heart is tender which also means it is blind. If you read my previous posts earlier, did i not say, been there done it?, and if you read my above post, which I will quote once again for you to think about.

everything you are repeating is from books such as Forty Hadith: An Exposition, Adab al-Suluk: A Treatise on Spiritual Wayfaring ,Adabus Salat, Al Siraj: The Lantern on the Path to Allah Almighty many more.

And no, I am not imposing, merely giving the other side of the story, humans being have a tendency to sell fantasies due to their own psychological construct, ever wondered what kind of individuals get pulled by Irfan, sufism, they all have a very similar nature. very introverted, quiet, shy, lost in the world etc.

I can even outline what phase you are at now, and what will occur next. anyways enjoy the ride. Just because I use the alias devil does not make me blind or evil, or hard hearted, or lack of faith,? all human conditioning, it is my of showing how people pick and chose information based on aliases, even if the one that has the name of enemy maybe correct.

Tell me who is better,

A person who goes out, and does something good for the world ( feeds orphans, looks for solutions, does some charity work, or some one who conducts long prayers and cries all the time because a book tells him? ( witten by a scholar, no one is mentioning Quran here. take it easy people ). and thinks just because they see a glimmer of light, that they have good faith?, have you not read all the books, those who think that they have good faith have already failed.

when you have stopped your sins, and your heart becomes free....inshallah

if you truly experienced freedom, you would never leave it, but i am certain you couldnt endure it and left it, and returned back to this place, and i am very sure that you didnt go very far, reading and practice are two different things, and true practice, results in true results, if you had a glimmer of freedom you would pursue it all costs

and here is another thing to consider from Imam Ali "when a person say something eh says a lot more then he thinks he said" and your name, you choose as your alias does say a lot about your self, and again this is your own doing, free yourself from sin and do the obligations and you will see the light

You keep repeating the same rubbish for the last few months and cannot even see your own pattern. And now I am the sinner and you are pure, well done. I already reminded you before, to think that you ,your self are pure and others are unlcean is already on the path of falling, but you fail to grasp this very simple concept of what you are preaching others to practice.

This is what happens when individuals practice this, which is already outlined in the books mentioned, especially when they cannot following it the way it should be. Thats one of the reasons why I stopped. Its called sanity.

Just because you wail, feel something and smell musk, you think that is getting closer, its only the first step. You still need to go the stage of dreams and even after, then the real tests will begin, which you wont even noticed until it has thrashed you into the ground like a pulp. Not just one, many. And remember it is not one test, it is a test of a life time. Hence the reason why keep warning other fantasy seekers what awaits them.

And how would you know what enduring is? idiots like you think enduring some fantasy by choice is fun, ask those homeless people, orphans, abused, oppressed individuals what enduring is?, you still lack insight, faith isnt a power game, how can you talk about faith when you cannot even understand simple things in life.

Anyways enjoy the ride, and you will realise what I have written here one day. But not today.

I have been doing this for almost a decade, i have witnessed everything i needed to see to be confirmed in its truth.

Your putting words in my mouth is typical behavior of ignorance.

You having no control over your self, that you even write the words of insult shows how much control exists in your self.

The multitude of assumption you make on my part is uncanny.

The amount of things you had related to me from what seem like your own fantasy about what i had said, is beyond me, i had never said anything which you imply.

Everything i say is truth from Hadith, the Imams have said that the hearts which are blind and the person who sins, stop himself from viewing truth and God, they had said in many hadith that Sin blocks a person from faith and from seeing God.

You do not see God and you deny everything ad pass everything off as "psychological issues", obscuring people who are doing the right thing, you sound just like the men of old who used to say to the prophet s "its magic , and sorcerey" except now it comes with a different word.

If yo had tasted freedom, you would have never left it. As the many duas and munajaat say about God, "the one who knows you , cannot leave you" , the one who has found you , will never leave you, and once one has tasted you, they could never go back to anything else(paraphrased but from Duas like Dua arafaat)

True lovers of God, who had sincerely turned to him, can never appreciate anything else but God, and they are willing to die to return back to that if they fall. Maybe your the one who had "psychological issues" and maybe thats why u couldn't get to the end of anything good, or achieve truth in your heart as faith, maybe what you chased after was hallucinations, but you instead love this world, you enjoy the tastes of this world and like many people cannot give it up because you had not tasted the best thing, and that is to feel the love of God

And now you try to associate me with the men of old, and putting your self in the place of righteousness. You keep confirming my position.

Are you honestly so blind or forgetful or oblivious that you dont even know what you are saying. Your shouts of "this is psychological" ,the only patterns which exist in your behavior, the moment somebody mention something you dont understand, is pure irony

If you are so convinced that all this is psychological then why cant u do it? and why dont u go to all the men who have done it and are doing it and have written books about it which you yourself mentioned, and from your position of ignorance tell them they're crazy and imagining things, while you whom doesnt and cannot endure what they endure, and has not the faith they have, are supposed to be right? and your name has nothing to do with it, its just "normal psychological behavior"

So tell me then Devil, what is life about, what is islam about? Why do we do extra prayers, why do we read in Shabaniyah in the month of Shaban words like

My Lord, grant me complete severance of my relations with everything else and total submission to You. Enlighten the eyes of our hearts with the light of their looking at You to the extent that they penetrate the veils of light and reach the Source of Grandeur, and let our souls get suspended by the glory of Your sanctity.

My Lord, make me one of those whom You call and they respond; when You look at and they are thunderstruck by Your majesty. You whisper to them secretly and they work for You openly.

And this:

When he loves me, I shall love him and open the eye of his heart to see My Greatness, and I shall not hide from him the elite from among My creation. I shall address him in the darkness of the night and in the light of the day till his talk with the creatures stops, and he stops keeping them company.

And I shall let him hear My speech and the speech of My angels and inform him of the secret which I kept from My creation. And I shall outfit him with the outfit of modesty till all beings become shy of him, and he shall walk on the earth forgiven, his heart aware and seeing, and I shall not hide anything from him, whether of felicity or of torment, and inform him of the horrors and hardships which people will have to endure on the Day of Judgment, how I shall hold the rich and the poor to account as well as those who are ignorant and those who know. I shall let him sleep in his grave and send himMunkar and Nakir to ask him, and he shall not see the adversity of death or the darkness of the grave and the tomb, or the horror of leaving the grave. Then shall I install the scales for him and spread his record, and I shall place his book in his right hand; he shall read it wide open, and I shall not let between Me and himself any interpreter, for these are the merits of those who love Me.

Since i dont understand psychology like you please help me understand

Edited by yukapuka

maybe you have false hope, but others have more then that, (...)

So stop spreading your blind propaganda to people. You only have your self and your action to blame for your disbelief

Be careful brother, as Imam Jafar (as) pointed out:

Whenever you see a servant (of Allah) pursuing people's flaws and neglecting his own flaws, you should then realize that he has been trapped (by the Shaitan)

You are heading in this direction brother with the posts directed towards him, so a sincere advise to you.

(...) idiots like you think enduring some fantasy by choice is fun, ask those homeless people, orphans, abused, oppressed individuals what enduring is?, you still lack insight, faith isnt a power game, how can you talk about faith when you cannot even understand simple things in life.

We should be more respectful to each other as to what we say. Please do not use foul names to describe each other and please respect each other's choices in life.

And the example of a bad word is like a bad tree, uprooted from the surface of the earth, not having any stability (Qur'an 14:26, Sahih Intl.).

Moreover, if you guys want to deviate from this or other topics any further, please do via PM so that the questioner will not have to read all the things in between the answers.

I never swore at anyone, i would never allow such evil to enter my heart. Nevertheless im humbled and i did get carried away trying to prove something unnecessarily however i do request that people do not jump to conclusions about that which they are not certain, but assume so, its not fair on everyone that way, the truth is there and if anyone wants to seek it, then do so, but if you fail at enduring it , dont deem the sours grape as the foolish fox once did

"Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked, 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes

Edited by yukapuka

First of all congratulations brother ....

From the context given, It seems like Allah(swT) accepted ur sajda and Rewarded u with presence of Imam ali(AS). Becasue there r hadiths stating whom Allah(SWT) loves, He(swt) put in his heart the love of imam Ali(AS). Please keep up the hard work. :) Secondly, All the masumeen(AS) would do long sujood in their prayers, and it was difficult to tell whether they were alive or dead in that position especially imam ali(AS). So Allah(SWT) is encouraging u to do the same to the extent to your ability.... There's also a hadith from imam mahdi(as) stating that "you should perform long prostrations because when u go in prostration satan cries, Woe on me, he prostrated but I didn't, So let satan cry".

And Imam ali(As) did the exact the same sajda showing u that u r following the sunnah of prophet(phuh).

And thirdly with the complextion thing, The only reason u were surprised... I will only give u a clue....Don't attach any importance to skin colours of people, because every colour and person is beautiful as creation of Allah(swt). Allah(swt) don't look at the faces and colours etc of people but their hearts. I hope this helps and forgive me for any mistakes

Brother in faith ,your dream is a nice dream.

What I have generally heard is that if you see Moula(a.s) ,then you must do nazar of whom you saw.This dream was close to 13th rajab,so probably start doing nazar of Hazrat Ali(a.s) every year if you can,to the extent you can afford,have space,etc.

Probably seeing Sujood in dream means submission to Islam.Maybe you will find peace and happiness,and you will be much closer to Allah by doing nazar.

Edited by bitto

hello all,

i had a dream a few nights ago about attending Imam Ali's (a.s.) birthday event.

so me and my mom and my aunty and my little sister were attending this event in a place that looked like a mosque (somewhere in iran because all the people there spoke farsi). my aunty and i were debating on which coloured chador (iranian burqa) to wear. i could pick between three shades of red.

either a hot/bright red coloured one, or a pinky-red/coral coloured one or a burgundy/maroon coloured one. i wanted to either wear the bright red or the burgundy one and my aunty kept persuading me to wear the coral one but i wanted to wear the bright red one because my mom had taken the burgundy one. so i finally put it on (we were wearing black hijab underneath) and we entered the mosque. 

as i entered i was suddenly all alone, and i saw many women sitting in the mosque and it was quite noisy, now in my dream i knew i was attending this event to help around/volunteer and the helpers were assigned certain colours to wear depending on their roles. i was a guard/helper to show people where to go or find things and make sure everything runs smoothly, and this role had the colour red and other roles were blue or pink or green. 

so i entered and everyone was looking at me but decided not to care too much because i knew i was there to help and for a good reason, but also thought that maybe it was because i was wearing red, and in my dream i thought i was there to help in a mourning death anniversary event. so thats why i thought people were looking at me because i was wearing red on such an event. but regardless i did my thing and was standing there.

and this girl (probably 20 years old) who was very sweet, kind and bubbly came up to me and she asked how i was etc...and then she asked me you know what this event is about right? and i said yeah it's the martyrdom/death anniversary of Imam Hussain (a.s.) in karbala and she was like noo it's the birthday of Amir al momenin (a.s.) in a very "happy, don't you feel lucky?!?!" kinda of tone, and then i became really happy and overwhelmed to be volunteering at such an event, and then i woke up.

p.s. everyone was wearing black which was surprising to me because i wondered why people aren't wearing happier colours on such a joyous event.

i would appreciate it if any of you could give me some info on what it could mean, because i feel like there is a lot of contradicting moments in the dream haha

thank you :) 

Mashallah!!

I too had a similar dream on the night of 13th Rajab last year. In the dream i was standing in an old looking subway with light blue tiled/plain walls. there were around 8-10 other people there waiting for some train i presume :)  but i wasnt sure why i was there. All off a sudden i heard someone say "janab-e-Ameer-ul-Monineen (A.S.) will be here shortly"...everyone was surprised.

I was standing on the platform and ahead of me were the train tracks. on the left side there was wall with a light blue steel door. all of a sudden it opened and some arab/aranian guys with trimmed beard and hair (wearing suits like iranians do) appeared from it. they looked more like shia soldiers from their looks...so everyone started looking for Mola (a.s.) expectantly. Then a very elderly person with white beard (sparse) in white outfit appeared and had a such a beautiful smile on his face. His eyes had this bluish luster/noor in them that I can never forget. His complexion was wheatish and he slowly walked towards people talking to them gently.

I just kept wondering if he really was Janab-e-Ameer (a.s.) just becuz of his old age. thats when he told us that he came here just to meet us and "especially ME (he looked at me smilingly and said my name)". The moment he said that i went down on my knees in shock...how come Janab-e-Ameer (a. s.) especially came there to meet me?

while i was on my knees looking at him with teary eyes...he came stood before me. i uttered the words "you are...", he smiled and said "have u still not recognized me?". He extended his hand towards me...that's when i was sure it was Janab-e-Ameer (a.s.) and started kissing his hand while crying profusely...he just smiled...i still remember the warmth of his hand.....Allah o Akbar!

...and then i woke up! it was such a vivid dream.

I have had a couple more dreams like that....I wonder why a sinner like me has been honored in such a way...I think just becuz im Muhib-e-Ali (A.S.), Muhib-e-Ahlulbait (S.A.) and azadar-e-Hussain (A.S.). this is a reward even sinners like me get for being shia and loving Muhammad-o-Aalay Muhammad (S.A.) unconditionally..something that i dont deserve....Rest...Allah is All-knowing!

Masha-Allah good dream @gameover256, i had also seen Ali R.a in his mosque praying salah in dream, you are correct about His colour, and about being armed in dream represents many things, maybe hint of any upcoming holy war, jaza-Allah 

It should be atleast Hazrat Ali (alaihisalam). This is a shi'i forum, so i atleast want to to see this be done correctly. 

Assalam o alaikum everyone i'm 19 years old boy i saw hazrat imam Ali a.s too in my dream 2 years back he was on the zuljanah brown zuljana holding zulfiqar i dont remember mola ali's face but i still remember the beard in the morning when i woke up i just had a Automatic feeling or surety that i saw hazrat imam mola Ali as in my dream