Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hello everybody

1382871880.jpg

The Iranian nation’s path to prosperity is through self-help and
reliance on its own capacities and aptitudes. Prosperity of this nation
is achieved through losing hope in the domineering powers of the world
and not fearing them.

Ayatollah Khamenei, 4/6/1994

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hello everybody

1384720116.jpg

Unlike American statesmen, we are not warmongers- it’s them who are
warmongers seeking war- but if it is about the dignity of our nation and
the interests of our country are put at stake, it’s us who will
practice sacrifice; we do not consider it particularly the job of the
entire nation to make sacrifice. After the September 11 when New York’s
twin towers were attacked, there was no news of the U.S. president and
his top deputies and statesmen. They had gone missing! We are not like
that. If God forbidden, our nation encounters such a bitter experience
and test, we [leaders] will take the lead and wear our combat outfits
and prepare to sacrifice ourselves

Ayatollah Khamenei, 21/03/2005

• Advanced Member

Greetings aliasghark,

It is not a hateful thought at all.  The thought I have is in regard to the comment made about 9/11 and how leaders 'went missing'?

"If God forbidden, our nation encounters such a bitter experience
and test, we [leaders] will take the lead and wear our combat outfits
and prepare to sacrifice ourselves"

Yet, isn't this just what I constantly hear the United States being condemned for?

:wacko:

Edited by CLynn

• Advanced Member

CLynn, don't tell me you truly believe in some captain caveman did that attack.. And that US has the right to be in Afghanistan.. That is so stupid..

Anyway, the devillish US government is condemned and will be cast to hell for its invasions, killings and all other crimes worldwide..

Secondly, I listened to the lecture of Imam Ali Khamenei before also and the statement you quoted from the blessed leader of Muslims and oppressed nations is, as you see, about LEADERS THEMSELVES BEING and FIGHTING in the FRONTLINE...

The stress here is not on the fact that the hellish US government must come to an end as it is all clear to everyone.. It is on the fact that, their so called leaders have been cowards.. Because, they don't fight themselves, rather they send their poor nations to do their dirty job..

And, see how blessed leaders have been like;

e.g. Himself; the living martyr  :wub:

Khamenei_War_Front_Praying.jpg

Iran_Iraq_War_Susangerd_Khamenei.jpg

_Abdollah+Nouri+and+Khamenei+at+Iraq+fro

Khamenei_in_battlefield.jpg

2013-11-13T124551Z_1_CBRE9AC0ZGQ00_RTROP

Mohammad-Ali_Rajai_1981.jpg

or Martyr Mostafa Chamran;  :wub:

http://www.chamran.org/old/gallery3.htm

http://www.chamran.org/old/gallery4.htm

http://www.chamran.org/old/gallery5.htm

http://www.chamran.org/old/gallery61.htm

http://www.chamran.org/old/gallery7.htm

Anyway.. I don't know why I was reminded of an old comrade..

see 1:00 and forth :)

Edited by HamzaTR

• Advanced Member

Yes, because the leaders of the US send other peoples kids to the front, while Iranian leaders are known to be in the front with their family leading any conflict instead of sending other peoples kids

Greetings repenter,

Thank you for that perspective.  I can understand that.

Tell me though... how does anyone defend, without attacking?  Any defense of oneself is necessarily going to require attack of the other.

I don't like the use of semantics.  Defending/attacking... it all means war and no peace.

Thanks for your clarity though on your leaders statement.

Salaam and blessings,

CLynn

Question... Do you really believe Khamenei would go to fight?  Somehow, I do not.  I think he too, will send others into battle, not himself.  Rouhani's not likely to be in any front lines either.

Regarding Hamza's comment;

I don't see Iran as any different from any other nation.  Isn't Iran funding others to do the fighting they want to see happen?

Edited by CLynn

Thanks bro repenter, Hamza and akhi jackson. 

It's unfortunate that the same cannot be said of American war-mongers, neither George Bush nor Barack Obama, or any other murderer like them had their children in the battlefield. They like to sit back and send children of other poor families to their deaths. 

• Advanced Member

Attacking means you invade another country. Defending means you fight OFF any attackers.

Greetings repenter,

If Iran was attacked in the way that the United States was attacked, and it was determined that the attack was led by a terrorist organization let's say in the make-believe-land of Xanadu... would Iran then go after that organization that has attacked it?  Would this be offensive or defensive?  You are attacking another country, which involves troops on the ground to rout out your enemy.  Offensive or defensive?

One instance of a rape by a wayward soldier does not equate to 'raping and killing' an entire people.

As for Ayatollah Khamenei, he has already done his war and is too old to lift a weapon now as he got half his body practically blown off. Scroll up and read before you write. But he will send his sons before ordering someone else to go to the fronts, yes. And so will any other Ulama. 

As for rouhani, he is the president(with different powers than the president of the usa) and he too will be required to send his family members before encouraging others to do so. 

So which leaders are we saying have not 'sent their sons' to fight?

Salaam,

CLynn

• Advanced Member

Greetings repenter,

This is the simplest, most expedient way for me to respond to your post.

I wonder how much people on these forums understand about foreign relations.

"1. Iran was attacked by Saddam hussein. America, france, germany, uk and Russia backed up Saddam "

Why did they back up Saddam?

Re: Al-Queda
Afghanistan was where Al-Queda and Osama Bin Laden were operating from... not Saudi-Arabia.  If I am correct Bin Laden had been exiled from Saudi Arabia by the 'royal family', his family.

and the Afghani government was unwilling to do anything about it... or, I am also correct in that the people of Afghanistan were willing to co-operate with the United States in rousting Al-queda from their ranks.

Re: Iraq
I don't think there is a person alive that denies that Iraq was a mistake of intelligence communication...
but even that I question...
didn't Saddam simply move his WMD's to Syria prior to the allied forces going in?
and as a further aside... wasn't Saddam an oppressor, and isn't it the duty of God fearing people to dislodge oppressors?

Narated By Anas : Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others." - Sahih Bukhari Volume 003, Book 043, Hadith Number 624.

Weren't the people freed from an oppressor?  The nations that went in to remove Saddam had no designs of taking over the country for their own rule.  Instead the goal was to help them set up their own fair ruling government.

2. Where on earth did you get one instance of Rape? You pull your head out of the sand sister and smell the reality. Here is an idea, travel a bit maybe you will learn something. Go to iraq perhaps and ask how many children and woman were raped by American soldiers. Have some shame.

Where is the data?  I am aware of one reported incident.

3. You tell me how many American leaders sent their kids to war instead, that list is a lot shorter ;)

Well, you made the statement, or conjecture... Who were you referring to?
G.W. Bush, Clinton, and Obama, only have daughters... no sons. 

I don't know if G.W. Bush did a turn in the military or not.

In the United States... a free country... people sign up for military duty, they are not forced or required by any authority.  (With the exception of the Vietnam war when the draft was instated and many citizens did protest.)

Take a look into history and you will see that most that have become presidents in the U.S. also served in their military. 

I'm going to ask you to use your own energy to seek out the facts and truth.

Salaam,

CLynn

Edited by CLynn

Greetings repenter,

This is the simplest, most expedient way for me to respond to your post.

I wonder how much people on these forums understand about foreign relations.

"1. Iran was attacked by Saddam hussein. America, france, germany, uk and Russia backed up Saddam "

Why did they back up Saddam?

Re: Al-Queda

Afghanistan was where Al-Queda and Osama Bin Laden were operating from... not Saudi-Arabia.  If I am correct Bin Laden had been exiled from Saudi Arabia by the 'royal family', his family.

and the Afghani government was unwilling to do anything about it... or, I am also correct in that the people of Afghanistan were willing to co-operate with the United States in rousting Al-queda from their ranks.

Re: Iraq

I don't think there is a person alive that denies that Iraq was a mistake of intelligence communication...

but even that I question...

didn't Saddam simply move his WMD's to Syria prior to the allied forces going in?

and as a further aside... wasn't Saddam an oppressor, and isn't it the duty of God fearing people to dislodge oppressors?

Narated By Anas : Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others." - Sahih Bukhari Volume 003, Book 043, Hadith Number 624.

Weren't the people freed from an oppressor?  The nations that went in to remove Saddam had no designs of taking over the country for their own rule.  Instead the goal was to help them set up their own fair ruling government.

2. Where on earth did you get one instance of Rape? You pull your head out of the sand sister and smell the reality. Here is an idea, travel a bit maybe you will learn something. Go to iraq perhaps and ask how many children and woman were raped by American soldiers. Have some shame.

Where is the data?  I am aware of one reported incident.

3. You tell me how many American leaders sent their kids to war instead, that list is a lot shorter ;)

Well, you made the statement, or conjecture... Who were you referring to?

G.W. Bush, Clinton, and Obama, only have daughters... no sons. 

I don't know if G.W. Bush did a turn in the military or not.

In the United States... a free country... people sign up for military duty, they are not forced or required by any authority.  (With the exception of the Vietnam war when the draft was instated and many citizens did protest.)

Take a look into history and you will see that most that have become presidents in the U.S. also served in their military. 

I'm going to ask you to use your own energy to seek out the facts and truth.

Salaam,

CLynn

I'm sorry, you can't expect other people to spend hours on end reading and researching for you to come here and expect an explanation and reference for ever little detail in the debate. It's a discussion forum, not a classroom. You are expected to have basic knowledge of war history, different religions, different sects, different incidents in history if you want to engage in a debate.

And it is also expected for you to have some debate etiquette as well. For example, when we say American leaders, we shouldn't have to explain to you that leaders is plural, meaning it doesn't just involve the president, but everyone in the lobbies, parliament, senators, Washington, AKA, decision makers. If we are to explain everything with a silver spoon to you, then it will be a 250 page long thread with no end. 

Or for example you quoting Sunni hadith, when we are shia(www.shiachat.com) shows how ignorant you are. It's like me quoting catholic saying to you to convince you of a point. How would that work out?

Or that you don't seem to understand simple facts like Serving in the military is very different than being in the front lines with bullets flying over your head. 

So no, you are the one who has to do their basic research and stop wasting peoples time. 

• Advanced Member

I'm sorry, you can't expect other people to spend hours on end reading and researching for you to come here and expect an explanation and reference for ever little detail in the debate. It's a discussion forum, not a classroom. You are expected to have basic knowledge of war history, different religions, different sects, different incidents in history if you want to engage in a debate.

And it is also expected for you to have some debate etiquette as well. For example, when we say American leaders, we shouldn't have to explain to you that leaders is plural, meaning it doesn't just involve the president, but everyone in the lobbies, parliament, senators, Washington, AKA, decision makers. If we are to explain everything with a silver spoon to you, then it will be a 250 page long thread with no end. 

Or for example you quoting Sunni hadith, when we are shia(www.shiachat.com) shows how ignorant you are. It's like me quoting catholic saying to you to convince you of a point. How would that work out?

Or that you don't seem to understand simple facts like Serving in the military is very different than being in the front lines with bullets flying over your head. 

So no, you are the one who has to do their basic research and stop wasting peoples time. 

Greetings repenter,

I am, once again, going to make my reply as simply as possible. :)

It is not me that I was suggesting needed educating.  I was me that was saying that I do not have the energy to teach so you must do your own research.  I would hope that if you are going to discuss then you are also willing to seek out facts and truth.  :)

I'm sorry if I do not have 'debate etiquette', perhaps that is because I do not come here to debate, but to talk... I have no training in debate.

I don't want 'everything explained to me'.  I want simple polite conversation and exchange of ideas and beliefs.

dis·cus·sion - noun

: the act of talking about something with another person or a group of people : a conversation about something

the action or process of talking about something, typically in order ... to exchange ideas.

"Or for example you quoting Sunni hadith, when we are shia(www.shiachat.com) shows how ignorant you are. It's like me quoting catholic saying to you to convince you of a point. How would that work out?"

I would discuss your point, and try to understand your point of view, and also share mine... hoping that if you could see that my understanding is different we could find some common ground of acceptance.

On re-reading this I see that your argument is that I do not recognize sunni vs. shia beliefs...

let me ask... how well can you recognize the difference between Catholic and Protestant beliefs... considering that there is much less difference between the two (than there is between sunni and shia), since they do not have separate books(hadith-like) that they follow.  Would you be aware of the Catechism of the Catholic church?  I am not.  I am aware of the Bible.  I do not view belonging to God as belonging to some sort of club that you join.  I have never joined any religious affiliation.

So if you will forgive me my 'ignorance', I too will forgive you yours.

As I believe I've said once or twice in this thread, it is nearly impossible to know all about one's own religion, let alone all other's.

It is a shame that you feel like this is wasting your time... to talk.  I would hope that it is fruitful.

Salaam and blessings to you and yours,

CLynn

note:  You didn't answer my question... did you overlook it?

"Why did they back up Saddam?"

and I'm still interested to know when you made "your statement, or conjecture... Who were you referring to?"

Shukran and salaam.

Edited by CLynn

Greetings repenter,

I am, once again, going to make my reply as simply as possible. :)

It is not me that I was suggesting needed educating.  I was me that was saying that I do not have the energy to teach so you must do your own research.  I would hope that if you are going to discuss then you are also willing to seek out facts and truth.  :)

I'm sorry if I do not have 'debate etiquette', perhaps that is because I do not come here to debate, but to talk... I have no training in debate.

I don't want 'everything explained to me'.  I want simple polite conversation and exchange of ideas and beliefs.

dis·cus·sion - noun

: the act of talking about something with another person or a group of people : a conversation about something

the action or process of talking about something, typically in order ... to exchange ideas.

"Or for example you quoting Sunni hadith, when we are shia(www.shiachat.com) shows how ignorant you are. It's like me quoting catholic saying to you to convince you of a point. How would that work out?"

I would discuss your point, and try to understand your point of view, and also share mine... hoping that if you could see that my understanding is different we could find some common ground of acceptance.

On re-reading this I see that your argument is that I do not recognize sunni vs. shia beliefs...

let me ask... how well can you recognize the difference between Catholic and Protestant beliefs... considering that there is much less difference between the two (than there is between sunni and shia), since they do not have separate books(hadith-like) that they follow.  Would you be aware of the Catechism of the Catholic church?  I am not.  I am aware of the Bible.  I do not view belonging to God as belonging to some sort of club that you join.  I have never joined any religious affiliation.

So if you will forgive me my 'ignorance', I too will forgive you yours.

As I believe I've said once or twice in this thread, it is nearly impossible to know all about one's own religion, let alone all other's.

It is a shame that you feel like this is wasting your time... to talk.  I would hope that it is fruitful.

Salaam and blessings to you and yours,

CLynn

note:  You didn't answer my question... did you overlook it?

"Why did they back up Saddam?"

and I'm still interested to know when you made "your statement, or conjecture... Who were you referring to?"

Shukran and salaam.

You are a piece of work, gotta give you that. I made my point, in my opinion you just beat around the bush, so i don't see a point in continuing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hello everybody

1385073601.jpg

No government’s negative scores reach that of the U.S.Nations and even governments distrust the U.S. for the behavior and approach that Americans adopt in their policies. Anyone who trusted the United States was consequently harmed; thus today we may be able to say that the U.S is the most abhorred power in the world. If an impartial and healthy survey was carried out among nations, I do not think that any government’s negative scores would reach that of the U.S.

Ayatollah Khamenei, 3/11/2013

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hello everybody

1385196586.jpg

What is important for a nation is relying on its own capacities,
trusting Allah the Exalted, having faith in itself and not relying on
its enemies. This is what can help a nation move forward.

Ayatollah Khamenei, March 21, 2013

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hello everybody

1385984069.jpg

We should make the ambiance of society a place for brotherhood, kindness and optimism. I do not agree at all with turning the ambiance of society into a place for pessimism and cynicism

Ayatollah khamenei, 20/9/2009

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hello everybody

1386011118.jpg

Woman is adored and admired within the family. She is the pivot for the family’s in-house management; she is the candle to the family members; she is a source of comfort, reassurance and tranquility

Ayatollah Khamenei, 2005-07-27

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hello everybody

1385988780.jpg

Even those who believe in their country and their soil over any reason- yet non-Islamic- should disappoint the enemy from applying its arrogant nature against their country

Ayatollah khamenei, November 20, 2013

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hello everybody

1386863509.jpg

One of my dreams is that one day we can run the country in a way that if necessary, we can avoid exporting even a single drop of oil and yet run the country. 21/3/2011

The day when we can gain the revenue of our country by means of our
science and shut down oil wells, that day will be a good day for us. 26/8/2008

The day when oil is over, we are not alive, but the adverse effect of
this action of ours will be there.We will be accounted for it.
29/11/2007

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hello everybody

1386822760.jpg

Anyone who wants to practically fight the enemies, should fight economic corruption. Corruption is like a termite; do not allow

corruption, bribery, favoritism, wastefulness, luxuriousness, unnecessary expenses and the like penetrate in the system. 28/8/2013

We keep saying fighting economic corruption, well, where is this fight? What have you done? These are what makes us sad 16/2/2013

In the economic corruption cases, I do not believe in tumult and uproar; I believe in swiftness and resoluteness in action 25/6/2008.

I have told the authorities of the country several times, and I repeat
myself today in this public gathering: The greatest fight against the
United States is to serve these people. Anyone who wants to practically
and efficiently fight the enemies of this nation, should fight the
economic corruption. Anyone who wishes to fundamentally fight the Unites
States, should serve these people. 4/6/2003

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hello everybody

%D8%AE%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%86%D9%87_%D8%A7%DB

To make an artistic work lasting, it should be of a good quality. Good
quality works last long, win the hearts and will not become dated. By