Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

You haven't mentioned whether you can read and understand Arabic. If you are looking for in-depth information in English, you aren't going to find that much, and what's there is scattered through numerous works of an academic nature...

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

Here's a topic, an old topic [do not post in there], where Zaidism is discussed [read: bashed] by some of our senior members, like Macisaac in his period of correct doctrine [حال الإستقامة].

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234940691-zaidi-shia/

في أمان الله

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Here's a topic, an old topic [do not post in there], where Zaidism is discussed [read: bashed] by some of our senior members, like Macisaac in his period of correct doctrine [حال الإستقامة].

http://www.shiachat....691-zaidi-shia/

في أمان الله

Plz take my advice and let it go, akhee. Whatever Mac believes is between him and his Rabb. He's not proselytizing his new faith on SC, so there's no reason for anyone here to keep taking pot-shots at him.

• Advanced Member

Please respect the posting without any open ghibbah please, mod when you read this please this post of mine and your post in reference to mac arc'y. Last time I checked he still Shi'a.

You haven't mentioned whether you can read and understand Arabic. If you are looking for in-depth information in English, you aren't going to find that much, and what's there is scattered through numerous works of an academic nature...

• Advanced Member

Bro. Abdul Qaim, I like what you mentioned, but I still feel (probably many others) that he should discuss the issue out in public, in a thread under mod review.

Akhee, I am intimately familiar with the arguments involved and please trust me when I say that SC is not the place to discuss this matter, even in a forum like the Thinker's Discourse where posts have to be pre-approved. There are issues pertaining to this matter which have the potential to cast doubt and confusion into the minds of any thoughtful believer, and which may be used by nawaasib against us.

If you are truly interested in learning more, than I suggest you contact Mac directly.

• Advanced Member

InshaAllah im working on it starting tommorow inshaAllah. and do you know any sources in english?

Like I mentioned in my original response, there's really nothing written in English that gives a comprehensive overview of Zaydi 'aqaaid and history. There are bits and pieces scattered throughout academic literature, but even if you were to gather everything together, it still wouldn't give you a thorough analysis of the subject.

The study of Tashayyu' by Western scholars has only been undertaken seriously over the last few decades and Zaydism is one aspect that hasn't received the attention it deserves (particularly in the English language). Anyway, if I come across anything that may be of interest to you, I will post it here...

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Plz take my advice and let it go, akhee. Whatever Mac believes is between him and his Rabb. He's not proselytizing his new faith on SC, so there's no reason for anyone here to keep taking pot-shots at him.

Salam Alaykum,

What is Mac doing, I haven't been on the site for some time but remember many interesting threads he contributed to.

What is he up to and where can I get hold of him.

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaykum,

What is Mac doing, I haven't been on the site for some time but remember many interesting threads he contributed to.

What is he up to and where can I get hold of him.

Wa 'alaykum salaam

Visit the site an you'll gain an idea of what Mac is oing...

https://sites.google.com/a/*******.org/waqifa/

• Advanced Member

thx for the reply.

I still got his email and have contacted him.

Regarding OP:

A good read is: The Origins and Early Development of Shi'a Islam by S. H. M. Jafri.

Is not really about Zaydism but has an excellent chapter about early Shia movements.

Another book to not would be: Early Shi'i Thought by Arzina R. Lalani

Again, not really about Zaydism but early Shi'ism

There are other books out there which I don't have at hand like Heinz Halm's Shi'ism.

Any history books on yemen will have plenty of information on Zaydiyyah.

Many Orientalist works on the early Ismailis and the establishment of the Fatimids contain bits and pieces of information on the Zaydiyyah.

There are some blogs about Zaydiyyah out there as well:

http://zaidism.blogspot.de/

http://zaydiyyah.wordpress.com/about/

Edited by jasir