Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Israaeel

Bangladesh Disgraceful Massacre

Rate this topic

As-Salaamu Alaykum

As you are all aware of recent massacre of Muslims by Bangladeshi government, here are 3 footage from a demonstration in UK in support of Muslims and condemnation of the government:

The vid mentions:

1. The uprising in the Muslim Ummah is good

2. Hasina and her government are open enemies of Islam

3. We cannot introduce Islam by being part of the government

4. Fighting is permitted by Allaah is one is attacked

5. Democracy and secularism is to blame

and others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFd7ZKWt3oE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzRqFZ3qdW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYnzOD-_OrQ

Please share these important messages

More pictures of the massacre here: http://chairmanbd.blogspot.co.uk/

Sadly there are many on this forum who will cheer about the murder of hundreds of peaceful demonstrators, and those who cheer will be the same ones who usually describe themselves as believing in "human rights" and "secularism".

This massacre proves once and for all that Secularism has no human rights, no equal treatment for Muslims.

May those who died innocent rest in peace and be forgive by Allah (swt) and may the criminals come to justice but I wanted to add a little news on what is happening and why is this happening?

==========================================

At least 21 killed in Bangladesh after Islamist hanging verdict

Two people were killed after hundreds of pro-government supporters and followers of the rival Jamaat-e-Islami party fought with sticks in two northern districts of Gaibandha and Chapainawabganj, police chiefs said.

Police also fired rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse Jamaat protesters in the capital Dhaka, after they tried to launch marches following weekly prayers, leaving several people injured, police said.

On Thursday, violence flared across the country after Jamaat's vice president was sentenced to death for murder, religious persecution and rape during the 1971 independence war.

Jamaat, which has rejected the court's verdicts as politically motivated, put the death toll from Thursday's violence at 50, saying its "innocent" supporters were shot dead by police who "hunted them like birds".

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/at-least-21-killed-in-bangladesh-after-islamist-hanging-verdict/story-fndir2ev-1226588052524#ixzz2Sm5yD3DA

May those who died innocent rest in peace and be forgive by Allah (swt) and may the criminals come to justice but I wanted to add a little news on what is happening and why is this happening?

==========================================

At least 21 killed in Bangladesh after Islamist hanging verdict

Two people were killed after hundreds of pro-government supporters and followers of the rival Jamaat-e-Islami party fought with sticks in two northern districts of Gaibandha and Chapainawabganj, police chiefs said.

Police also fired rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse Jamaat protesters in the capital Dhaka, after they tried to launch marches following weekly prayers, leaving several people injured, police said.

On Thursday, violence flared across the country after Jamaat's vice president was sentenced to death for murder, religious persecution and rape during the 1971 independence war.

Jamaat, which has rejected the court's verdicts as politically motivated, put the death toll from Thursday's violence at 50, saying its "innocent" supporters were shot dead by police who "hunted them like birds".

Read more: http://www.news.com....4#ixzz2Sm5yD3DA

Well, you should know the whole story first - The people killed had no relation with Jamat-e-Islami, whose activists were also killed. You are mixing up the 2 massacres. Which is understandable because we usually expect massacres to be so rare that they are not usually confused. Secondly, about the trial -

http://www.humanrigh...RC-STM-052-2013

BANGLADESH: Shoddy tribunal has pushed the country to the verge of a civil war

Go back to Bangladesh page

March 7, 2013

Share |

The tribunal on war crimes established in March 2010 has pushed Bangladesh to extreme violence. Since 28 February, the events have taken a violent turn in which almost 100 persons including women, children and police officers have lost life. Several hundreds more are injured, and properties destroyed of which no body in the country has any true count. Many, who have lost their lives or are injured, were not participating in any armed protest. They were unfortunate to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Both state and non-state actors are responsible for these gruesome events, of which the government apparently has no control.

The violence has spread beyond Dhaka, where, fundamentalist hoodlums target members of the minority communities and their properties. Arson and looting is rampant. Places of worship are burned down or otherwise vandalised. It is gruesomely clear that nobody is in control. Amidst the events, political parties are settling their scores against each other, for which the ruling political party is abundantly misusing the state forces.

The violence is linked to the war crimes tribunal and the judgments the tribunal pronounced. The tribunal has negated some of the basic norms of criminal justice, for instance, it has held 'faceless' trials. The tribunal specifically targets the Jamat-e-Islami, a political party that collaborated with the Pakistan military during Bangladesh's war of independence in 1971. The Jamat-e-Islami is widely believed to have committed crimes against humanity resisting the independence movement and understandably has no wide support within Bangladesh. Victims of crime and inhumanity committed during 1971 and their families expect the Jamat-e-Islami, its affiliates and allies, be punished. The incumbent government knows this well, and in fact the tribunal is a shoddy attempt of legalising a political act, that lacks transparency, accountability and is destined to fail justice. Regrettably, the atrocious nature of violence committed by the Pakistan military in which the Jamat-e-Islami directly partook, and the yearning for justice of those who are wronged in the process threatens anyone who would speak against the tribunal, irrespective of the legitimacy of its constitution, purpose and processes. In addition, the Jamat-e-Islami has responded, in the manner in which it understands expressing dissent, through violence.

The tribunal is a political weapon of the incumbent government and its 14-party alliance led by the Bangladesh Awami League. Persons, who are close to the Awami League are not investigated for war crimes, though there are strong allegations against them. Similar allegations of bias exist concerning investigation and prosecution, that naturally is reflected in the adjudication of cases. The integrity of the investigative, prosecutorial, and adjudicative limbs of the tribunal is also widely questioned.

The ensuing confusion has resulted in opportunities for criminal elements in the country, to target their victims, most importantly the minorities. The neutral space for discussion and criticism of what is happening in Bangladesh is substantially narrow. Human rights defenders risk various forms of repression. Media and information flow through modern communication tools have been severely restricted and monitored by the state.

In the mad rush of the political parties to grab power in the country, what they have forgotten is the duty of the state to bring about justice, to those whom it has been denied thus far. The shoddy tribunal, literally negates the possibility of legitimate justice, not only to those who have suffered violence in the past but to the entire psyche of the nation. Worse, the tribunal has become a cause for more violence, and will trash a nation's hope to seek and obtain justice.

Video footages available show the

unarmed civilians in full public view. On 15 February, the state
Mr. Tofayel Ahmed, a student in Cox's Bazar district town. In another incident, like several others, persons allegedly from the Islami Chhatra Shibir, a student wing of the Jamat-e-Islami, are seen snatching guns from police officers and beating officers to death.

The country today has slipped further into an abyss where the notion of the rule of law, does not exist. It is Bangladesh's tragedy that an institution created to deal with past human rights abuses has pushed the country to the verge of a civil war. Deep problems that have affected the functioning of justice institutions today are claiming its inevitable price, in blood.

There have been 4 Massacres total under this present Secularist Government. The one above is about Massacre #3.

The one which happened on 5th May is Massacre No 4. About that, you can read:

BANGLADESH: A massacre of demonstrators

Go back to Bangladesh page

May 6, 2013

Share |

News reports from Bangladesh allege that a series of attacks on demonstrators have taken place, at around 3am today, May 6, 2013. The extent of the injuries and death is difficult to be ascertained at the moment. The Daily Star, a Bangladeshi newspaper, gave the figure of deaths as 5. However, several internet reports have mentioned that the number of deaths could be as high as 2,500 or more. Pictures of dead bodies have also been distributed over the internet. Major news channels in Bangladesh have been silenced. Two private television channels that were showing live pictures of the attacks upon the demonstrators were immediately closed down. The authorities have, later in the morning, imposed Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898, (a provision similar to declaring internal emergency) in the city of Dhaka, under which more than four persons are not allowed to converge in public places and the declaration absolutely prohibits public protest. Worse, the executive authorities could use deadly force against civilians under this provision. All forms of public gatherings, rallies and protests have been prohibited until the midnight today, May 6.

The Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) has learned that the security forces, including the Border Guards Bangladesh, the Rapid Action Battalion and the Police, started a massive crackdown on the demonstrators of the Hefazat-E-Islam early morning on Monday. According to unverified information the AHRC has received, a huge number of lives have already been lost. Numerous victims have been shot at close range by the state agencies. It appears that the international community stationed in Dhaka is fully aware of the brutal crackdown and the wanton extrajudicial execution happening within Dhaka and in the outskirts of the city.

Graphic pictures [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] and audiovisual records [

] [
]are available through the social media, from unverified sources, that reveal the deadly reality on the ground. It is reported that the security forces are using heavy artillery, which are normally used in the war fronts.

Bangladesh, recently has become extremely violent. The violence surfaced over the issue of objectionable blog-postings concerning Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). It is reported that a large number of protesters gathered in Dhaka since early morning yesterday, May 5, 2013, under the umbrella of a group named Hefazat-E-Islam demanding punishment of the so called 'atheist bloggers', who allegedly remained under the protection of the state agents, for writing blasphemous materials. Hefazat-E-Islam has been demanding 13 points including a legislation on blasphemy, reformation of the country's 'women policy' and adoption of the name of Allah in the constitution.

The AHRC does not agree with any of the demands made by the Hefazat-E-Islam. Our concern, however, is for the right of everyone to participate in protests. At all times the sacredness of the right to life must be respected.

The violence that is going on in Bangladesh must stop now. The international community has a moral as well as a legal obligation to intervene, which could save lives and could prevent the situation from deteriorating further. The United Nations must take all necessary actions, most importantly through the office of the Secretary General to bring an immediate end to the bloody impasse that has befallen upon the country.

Edited by titumir

MK - I am ready to accept what you say - but in that case nobody has a right to make sweeping statements (like for example Marbles usually does) that an Islamic state would not preserve the rights of the people, that it would be backward, and that a secular government would give everyone equal rights and ensure development.

MK - I am ready to accept what you say - but in that case nobody has a right to make sweeping statements (like for example Marbles usually does) that an Islamic state would not preserve the rights of the people, that it would be backward, and that a secular government would give everyone equal rights and ensure development.

Dont you have some pictures of Sri Lanka to post as 'massacre in bangla'?

Secularism, democracy, dictatorship, etc are not as important as the people running those systems. IR and Taliban both were Islam. But in essence they were opposed to each other. Romania and Canada both claim to be democracy, but yet there is a universe of difference between those systems.

You want Islamic system in Bangladesh? Show me the competence and ability of people behind this movement. Can you? Else they are going to be another Taliban Jr in the subcontinent that is going to cause major famine in an already super poor country. I believe super poor Bengalis should stay away from the discourse of super rich ME. Mind your own business, build your factories and produce your garments. wa khalas.

leave Islamic systems and its discourse to those who can financially and intellectually afford it, or have historically been accustomed to it. Bangladesh can neither afford it nor it has historically had an Islamic system.

This massacre proves once and for all that Secularism has no human rights, no equal treatment for Muslims.

Find two Bengalis- one from Islamic Gulf and another from secular West. See who has had the privilege of human rights and who didnt.

Edited by Wahdat

Titumir the problem isn't secularism, its the oppressive regime, they can scream secularism or oppress people in the name of religion, it makes no difference. Canada is a secular country, but this society is very pleasant to live in.

I fully agree. When (sunni) Muslims go crazy normal people say "Islam" is the problem but the smart people look into more depth try to find out what truly is the problem. The same problem applies for this situation. I pray for the lost lives may Allah (swt) grant them mercy, but when I think about how freely I worship here in US that I could not do in many so called Islamic nations, then you know how good secularism can be.

I challenge you to go to Saudi Arabia and start a Shia masjid in Medina or Mecca and see what happens. Now come to US and do it.

There is a very apt saying that is making the rounds recently in Bangladesh, which sums up the situation very nicely:

"In being afraid of Bangladesh turning into Afghanistan we have turned it into Gujrat"

You want Islamic system in Bangladesh? Show me the competence and ability of people behind this movement. Can you? Else they are going to be another Taliban Jr in the subcontinent that is going to cause major famine in an already super poor country. I believe super poor Bengalis should stay away from the discourse of super rich ME. Mind your own business, build your factories and produce your garments. wa khalas.

Its ridiculous to be told by an Afghan (half-civilized tribals who destroyed their country and sold their souls to entire classes of foreigners) about governance, but my advice is that if you hate Islamic system so much then you should just announce your apostasy and leave off pretending to be a Muslim, a pretence that I do not know why you keep up on this site. Since Islamist parties are so bad, and secularists so good, there must be a problem with Islam? And since you belive it so, you should not keep up the hard work trying to keep up the pretense of your being Muslim.

As I predicted, there are people defending the massacre of unarmed protestors just because it was carried out by secularists. It doesn't surprise me.

Secularism is so great because it protects the human rights of everyone, that they must defend it when it massacres thousands, "in order to protect their human rights'. I guess you also miss Saddam and want him back, because he was a secularist.

I can see what the Quran says about those having eyes but being blind, and having ears but being deaf.

leave Islamic systems and its discourse to those who can financially and intellectually afford it, or have historically been accustomed to it. Bangladesh can neither afford it nor it has historically had an Islamic system.

Find two Bengalis- one from Islamic Gulf and another from secular West. See who has had the privilege of human rights and who didnt.

Please! There ought to be a limit to talking out of your ***!

Firstly, we will see Islamists win a overwhelming victory next elections, if there is one. And if there is not, massive violence ending in a Islamist government. So you needn't worry about that.

Secondly, rather than give me advice you ought to go and enlighten your fellow Afghanis with your enlightened knowledge. After all, it is you who have destroyed your own country, not us. So please stick your advice to your own people and don't try to talk down to me.

It was the "fear of Islamists" and fear of Taliban which allowed the present secularist government to get into power and carry out their endless massacres, repression of the media and torture of all opposition activists, who are not necessarily Islamists. In 2009 57 Army officers were massacred and the secularists celebrated the event and largely blamed the Army for it. There was another massacre on 28 February, and the latest one on 5 May. In each event secularists are hard at work trying to blame the victims or denying the events.

I don't even know what point you are trying to make in your post, disorganized and untidy as it is, full of vague accusations and ad hominem attacks, which is only to be expected from a half educated yokel like you, but the fact remains that secularists have been responsible for the worst atrocities the country has seen to date, and the fact is that Islamists ran the country a thousand times better, and will soon be in power. My only regret is the thousands of lives taken by these animals, and the sick ideology called secularism which allowed them to get into power.

There is a very apt saying that is making the rounds recently in Bangladesh, which sums up the situation very nicely:

"In being afraid of Bangladesh turning into Afghanistan we have turned it into Gujrat"

Its ridiculous to be told by an Afghan (half-civilized tribals who destroyed their country and sold their souls to entire classes of foreigners) about governance, but my advice is that if you hate Islamic system so much then you should just announce your apostasy and leave off pretending to be a Muslim, a pretence that I do not know why you keep up on this site. Since Islamist parties are so bad, and secularists so good, there must be a problem with Islam? And since you belive it so, you should not keep up the hard work trying to keep up the pretense of your being Muslim.

As I predicted, there are people defending the massacre of unarmed protestors just because it was carried out by secularists. It doesn't surprise me.

Secularism is so great because it protects the human rights of everyone, that they must defend it when it massacres thousands, "in order to protect their human rights'. I guess you also miss Saddam and want him back, because he was a secularist.

I can see what the Quran says about those having eyes but being blind, and having ears but being deaf.

Wow hold your horses there spiky...

First of all- Islamic doesnt make things good and secularist bad and vice versa. It depends how you apply a system and that depends on people behind it. In Iran Islamic system has been successful because they had comptent and knowledgeable people behind it. In Afghanistan Islamic system failed because they had clowns and retards behind it. In India secularism has been good because they have competent people in the system, in Pakistan secular system has been bad because corrupt people have been behind the system.

In Bangladesh Islamic system will be bad because 1) Bangladesh does not have competent leadership. and, 2) Bengalis have never had experience with Sharia law. Say whatever you want about Afghanistan, and its a sad day when a Bengali can open his little mouth on the land of martyrs and shaheeds, but even today 99% of people according to a new Pew poll prefer sharia system. In Afghanistan we never had competent Islamic leadership but we have always had Islamic people and culture. Thats why its the ONLY country in the Muslim world to have defeated the British, the Russians, and now somewhat the Americans.

Like I said, drive your rickshaws, produce your garments, and stay away from the middle eastern political discourse because out there people are different than Bangladesh. Economy is different than Bangladesh. and so is everything else.

Secondly, rather than give me advice you ought to go and enlighten your fellow Afghanis with your enlightened knowledge. After all, it is you who have destroyed your own country, not us. So please stick your advice to your own people and don't try to talk down to me.

Well Afghanistan was the ONLY Islamic country that was not colonized and the ONLY Islamic country to have defeated the British 2 times. Bangladesh was created by the British after your Lord Minto divided Bengal. Oh and it were people from Afghanistan who made you lot Muslims in the first place. Remember the mighty Mughuls? What are you without them? The same lower caste Hindus that you were before them?