Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Can Females Do Horse Riding?

Rate this topic

Parvizi

• Advanced Member

I've heard that horse riding is bad for female because it harms your private space, sorry i do not speak english very good i cannot explain but can female ride horse? And what is the risc of it

• Veteran Member

No...don't ride horses, horse riding is for scarlet women. It will cause infertility and you will not be able to find a husband

Wow :o - I hadn't heard about the infertility ...... just the blindness...... which is why you can't find a husband :(

Edited by Maryaam

• Advanced Member

There used to be this member called Bhooka_Bhairya here. Don't know if he's around with a different username, but he would've taken a great deal of delight in answering this question.

Thank you very much!

Did he just take you seriously, Maryaam? :o

There used to be this member called Bhooka_Bhairya here. Don't know if he's around with a different username, but he would've taken a great deal of delight in answering this question.

You read my mind

• Advanced Member

I've heard that horse riding is bad for female because it harms your private space, sorry i do not speak english very good i cannot explain but can female ride horse? And what is the risc of it

Maybe that's the reason Saudi banns woman for driving cars?

• Unregistered

(salam)

I have seen the hadiths he has posted on this topic, here they are:

عدة من أصحابنا، عن سهل بن زياد، عن جعفر بن محمد الاشعري، عن ابن القداح عن أبي عبدالله (ع) قال: نهى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله أن يركب سرج بفرج

(10225) 3- A group from our companions, from Sahl b. Ziad, from Ja'far b. Muhammad al ash'ari, from ibn al Qadah from abi Abdullah (as) who said: "The Prophet (pbuh) forbid that a saddle be mounted/ridden by a furuj."

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن أبي عبدالله، عن محمد بن علي، عن إسماعيل بن يسار، عن منصور بن يونس، عن إسرائيل، عن يونس، عن أبي إسحاق، عن الحارث الاعور قال: قال أمير المؤمنين (ع) لا تحملوا الفروج على السروج فتهيجوهن للفجور

(10226) 4- A group from our companions, from Ahmad b. abi Abdullah, from Muhammad b. Ali, from Ismail b. Yasar, from Mansoor b. Yunus, from Israel, from Yunus, from abi Ishaq, from al Harith al A'oor who said: Ali (as) said: "Do not carry/load the furooj upon a saddle for you will stimulate them to immorality."

_______

What he "forgot" to mention, is that both of these hadiths are weak.

(wasalam)

Edited by Crescent

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

so the hadiths are true right? never thought that women shouldnt (or not allowed) to ride horses.

in another thread about the "modern horse" (motor bike) i read this fatwa

<<<Perhaps you don't realize that at least one of those, Sayyid Khamenei, considers it impermissible (in public) as well:

Q: Is it permissible for women, despite their need for proper covering, to ride bicycles and motor bikes? If so, please list the conditions.

A: A women must avoid circumstances and actions which require her to be self-conscious of her appearance in front of ghairul-mahram. Riding a bicycle or motor bike in a public place, by a pedestrian walkway, or in view of others leads to corruption (in light of fulfilling the above mentioned criteria), and thus, is not permissible.<<<

( source: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234976951-is-it-permissible-to/page-5)

• Advanced Member

there is actually a site which make me think about many things because they have hadiths gradings and fatwas which are really hard for some of us to believe but we have to submit to Allah. however i think i will share some infos next time in hope that someone is able to refute or otherwise we know the judge and accept it

so bikes and horses shouldnt be for women? (hope someone could refuse it but as i said otherwise i have an answer and will accept it as i accept everything from my lord)

• Moderators

so bikes and horses shouldnt be for women? (hope someone could refuse it but as i said otherwise i have an answer and will accept it as i accept everything from my lord)

Riding a bicycle or motorcycle is very different from riding a horse.  I don't know much about horses or motorcycles, but there is no way a woman can harm her private parts during normal bicycle riding on a normal bicycle.  The seat is actually located under her seat.

• Advanced Member

By the same token, is camel back riding okay for women? Note: In early hijri years women use to ride camel i.e. sit over the camel back. If they are okay to sit on camel's back then why not sit on horse back?

• Veteran Member

There is the infertility

then the fact that a women bouncing up and down on a horse could lead men to get excited.

So you should avoid it, especially when non-mahram men can see you.

The infertility?  :wacko:

What about when women sit down :shaytan: , stand up :shaytan: , walk :shaytan: , sneeze :shaytan: , breathe :shaytan: , bend over, :shaytan:  carry little ones pressed against their bodies :shaytan: , lift groceries :shaytan: , cough :shaytan: , move their jaw when they talk  :shaytan: - it must be a night mare for non-mahram men out there. :cry:  

• Advanced Member

<<<There is the infertility

then the fact that a women bouncing up and down on a horse could lead men to get excited.

So you should avoid it, especially when non-mahram men can see you.>>>

nice explanation!

from now i see the wisdom very clear subhanaAllah. thanks for the enlighting answer

<<<it must be a night mare for non-mahram men out there.  :cry:  >>>

oh yeah it actually is...

fasting helps a lot but Allah made men how they are and women how they are and we both gender should do what we can to avoid wrong feelings

Edited by GermanShia

The infertility?  :wacko:

What about when women sit down :shaytan: , stand up :shaytan: , walk :shaytan: , sneeze :shaytan: , breathe :shaytan: , bend over, :shaytan:  carry little ones pressed against their bodies :shaytan: , lift groceries :shaytan: , cough :shaytan: , move their jaw when they talk  :shaytan: - it must be a night mare for non-mahram men out there. :cry:  

Sorry it is bad for pregnant women, I was wrong about the infertility.

lol your second point takes the mick, the bend over is correct, walking depends on how they do it. you have to realize that attractive women do get a lot of eyes.

There are those of us who control our sight, like me  @)

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be okay if the horse were a mare?

Or perhaps the solution is to ride an elephant. Rather than sitting astride a saddle, one sits cross-legged on a platform.

But seriously, the risk of riding horses is that the horse may throw / kick / trample you and thus injure you, as happened to Christopher Reeve (the actor who played Superman). As far as I know, women in many cultures--some of them Islamic--have ridden horses without either becoming infertile, or abandoning themselves to passion.

PS. I just saw an article about the risk to male virility (sperm quality) from bicycle riding. Presumably horseback riding would present similar risks. See http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1199017/Carry-cycling-The-truth-male-fertility-riding-bike.html

Edited by Dauxudo