Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
BaqarH

Who Should We Practice Tabarra Around?

Rate this topic

Assalamu Alaykum,

Should we practice Tabarra around Sunni people who don't know about/care about the 14 Masoomeen? Around devout Christians and Jews? Tips for practicing Tabarra?

Thank You.

Wa Alaikum as-Salam,

My answer to you would be based on three questions:

1). Do they oppose Allah(swt)? If the answer is yes then the answer is clear.

2). Do they oppose the Prophet Muhammad(saw) and the companions(ra)? If yes then again the answer is clear.

3). Do they seek to do harm and are they enemy of the Ahl al-Bayt? If yes then once more the answer is clear.

However,

You are concerned it seems about people who don't know about/care. I do not believe people with that attitude would necessarily seek to oppose and seek to do harm about something they do not know about.

What do you think?

Salam,

Everyone has a different temperament and are in different circumstances. I do not think I can offer a good way of how to do what you ask. I think at this point you need to ask someone you know in real life, and whose judgement you trust how to disassociate yourself from certain people in general.

I say in general because eventually you will find yourself needing to do this anyway at some point in your life, and not because of tabarra, but because you are among "bad" company for example.

Thank you. Any tips on practicing this though?

(bismillah)

(salam)

The same what that Allah (swt) tells us to in Surat al-Ma`idah 51:

يا أيها الذين آمنوا لا تتخذوا اليهود والنصارى أولياء بعضهم أولياء بعض ومن يتولهم منكم فإنه منهم إن الله لا يهدي القوم الظالمين

O you who have faith! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for allies: they are allies of each other. Any of you who allies with them is indeed one of them. Indeed Allah does not guide the wrongdoing lot. [Ali Quli Qarai translation]

It is obvious. How can anger and venomous cursing be a part of religion?The very notion that cursing and anger against the companions and wives of Muhammad connects one with the grand scheme of the cosmos is silly. The religion which stands on some feeble narratives of the ancient Arabian desert and wants its followers to get angry over the unseen events is irrational. The peak and disclosure of this irrationality is that someone is asking that on whom one should get angry on and how should he be cursing around.

It is obvious. How can anger and venomous cursing be a part of religion?The very notion that cursing and anger against the companions and wives of Muhammad connects one with the grand scheme of the cosmos is silly. The religion which stands on some feeble narratives of the ancient Arabian desert and wants its followers to get angry over the unseen events is irrational. The peak and disclosure of this irrationality is that someone is asking that on whom one should get angry on and how should he be cursing around.

You appear to be mistaken. Tabara is not cursing, it is dissociating oneself from the enemies of the Prophet (sawa) & his family (as).

These Hadiths are Mutawattir as far as I am aware, so they are far from 'feeble narratives' as you suggest.

Perhaps you should do more study on this matter before you make such comments.

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

Thank you. Any tips on practicing this though?

Man this is the worst thing to follow, finding faults in someone and crtcising them is one of the biggest sins. first of all u cant assure they did or not as various studies differ from the past

AND Do u pray five times or 3 times as per ur belief?? do u daily recite quran ?? are u avoiding urself from wordly comforts and desires?? are u controlling ur nafs ?? do u avoid to tell lies??

Man people dont follow the basic and when it comes to insult someone or look like extremists shedding their own blood they are first to do so..........

Man U cant be a pro in anything till u follow the basic so follow the basic and be an expert and then open your Big mouth for doing tabarra as u have acheived to much good deeds while learning basics......

ROFL. What a brutally disgracing question that is. The question reveals the awfulness of Shiasm.

I encourage you to learn about the beautiful teachings of the Ahlul Bayt (as). I suggest you begin here: http://www.facebook.com/AhlAlBaytDaily this page was set up by two knowledgable Brothers, one of whom has left ShiaChat but the other still contributes to the site.

Any awfulness you may find within our Branch of Islam is not from the Teachers (as) of this Maddhab, rather it is from the followers.

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

(bismillah)

(salam)

You are getting tabarra, la`nat, and shatimah. Let me break it down for you.

Tabarra (what the OP is asking about) = disassociating oneself from the enemies of Allah [swt], the Prophet Muhammad [sawaws], amd the Ahlulbayt [as].

La`nat = What most people mean when they say curse. A closer translation would be "a request that Allah [swt] deprive a person of his blessings".

Shatimah = Curse words.

@Saimaaa,

@sallu13,

As-salāmu `alaykumā,

Jazakallah for responding. I believe there has been a misunderstanding as to the nature of tabara which is simply disassociating yourself. Let us go back to the question that BaqarH asked. Please note the section I bolded:

Should we practice Tabarra around Sunni people who don't know about/care about the 14 Masoomeen? Around devout Christians and Jews?

I answered the best that I could. Before we go any further though, I am not an authority and should not be considered as such. I am speaking as a simple layman. I hope this is clear.

I think it was a reasonable question for a Shia to ask. I gave what I thought was a reasonable answer. If the person does not know and/or care, there is no reason for BaqarH to not associate with that person is there?

What do you think?

Regarding the doctrine of' 'Tabarri' we believe that we should seek disassociation from four idols namely, Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman and Mu'awiyah; from four women namely, Ayesha, Hafsa, Hind and Ummul Hakam, along with all their associates and followers. 'These are the worst creation of Allah. It is not possible to believe in Allah, His Messenger and the Imams without disassociating oneself from their enemies.(Haqqul Yaqeen: 2:519)

@Andaros

My question is to whom do u want to prove ?? Almighty that is the answer ull give me, my brother no offence but what concept is this don't almighty is aware about what happend in past and what will happen in future so if they did wrong almighty will take care of them and u never know what right deed of that person could land him in to jannah. So at the end of the day u take care of your own deeds why are u interested to land others in to hell....

@baqarH

Should we practice Tabarra around Sunni people who don't know about/care about the 14 Masoomeen? Around devout Christians and Jews?

wrong concept my friend we people respect every people whose contribution was as little like mustard seeds towards islam we are not allowed to say bad about anyone and i think thats what make us different from shia. Do sunni say anything bad about imams no because they too are part of us the difference comes only in our way we both follow

@Andaros

My question is to whom do u want to prove ?? Almighty that is the answer ull give me, my brother no offence but what concept is this don't almighty is aware about what happend in past and what will happen in future so if they did wrong almighty will take care of them and u never know what right deed of that person could land him in to jannah. So at the end of the day u take care of your own deeds why are u interested to land others in to hell....

Salam,

I confess I am very unclear as to what you are saying to me. For example I see a question mark at the end of a sentence, so I know you have a question, but it is phrased in a manner that is impossible for me to decipher.

However, I do get the sense that you think I should have told BaqarH who is a Shia not to practise tabarra. Is this correct?

Salam,

I confess I am very unclear as to what you are saying to me. For example I see a question mark at the end of a sentence, so I know you have a question, but it is phrased in a manner that is impossible for me to decipher.

However, I do get the sense that you think I should have told BaqarH who is a Shia not to practise tabarra. Is this correct?

My brother what i meant to say in my earlier post was my opinion about tabarra..........

And regarding BaqarH i objected because the way he said Should we practice Tabarra around Sunni people who don't know about/care about the 14 Masoomeen? was un-appropriate for me. And he does tabaraa or not is not my concern it is him who will answer almighty for his deeds and me for my mine and if he thinks that doing tabarra will get him closer to almighty and increase his good deeds then let the creator decide his creation acts..........

No offence against you thanks for a very kind reply..................

My brother what i meant to say in my earlier post was my opinion about tabarra..........

Salam,

I think I understand. My response by contrast was to not question his decision, nor to criticize tabarra, but to suggest that there was no need to practise it needlessly.

No offence against you thanks for a very kind reply..................

Fi Amanillah

ROFL. What a brutally disgracing question that is. The question reveals the awfulness of Shiasm.

[1:7] The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.

Practicing this has actually helped me break off ties with a group of athiests who were trying to promote their views, political and theological to me.

Man this is the worst thing to follow, finding faults in someone and crtcising them is one of the biggest sins. first of all u cant assure they did or not as various studies differ from the past

AND Do u pray five times or 3 times as per ur belief?? do u daily recite quran ?? are u avoiding urself from wordly comforts and desires?? are u controlling ur nafs ?? do u avoid to tell lies??

Man people dont follow the basic and when it comes to insult someone or look like extremists shedding their own blood they are first to do so..........

Man U cant be a pro in anything till u follow the basic so follow the basic and be an expert and then open your Big mouth for doing tabarra as u have acheived to much good deeds while learning basics......

I did research and another word for this is aloofness which is basically acting disinterested and not replying as much to the ppl we are disassociating ourselves from. The religion is perfect, our flaws stop us from seeing it.