Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I Like A Muslim Girl, Need Positive Advice Please!

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Well, here where the problem is!

I’m a young student living in Mexico, I was raised as a catholic, a few months ago I met a Muslim girl, this Muslim girl first caught my eye on the net, did tell all my matez how I found her attractive and she had something special, I'm deeply infatuated, I can't sleep sometimes thinking about her, she walks so confidently, amazing dress sense and has such a strong dominant face, we started texting out all the time, at some point I realised I had a crush on her, I found her to be a very beautiful, smart and spiritual woman, I kept quiet though, not wanting to kill off the friendship, at first he started telling me about the difficult relationship he recently finished off, she said there were just too many obstacles inbetween, I should mention she's somewhat older than me, how relevant is the religious aspect? If she's from a traditional family, a pre-marital relationship with a guy is a no-no, I think to devout muslims, only a musilm man may marry a muslim woman, I know spirituality is deep, it's our belief (or lack thereof) in a higher power and this belief influences our character, morals, and choices in life, it's not like a pair of sandals you wear and can switch out if it goes out of style, I want to spend my life with her, but become a muslim, how can do that?

Advice please?

Thankyou :)

• Advanced Member

Ohhh boy I hope this isn't another case of someone converting to Islam because they want to stay in a relationship rather then research about the religion and actually coming to a logical conclusion based of that. Just tell her the Quran says there are Christians and Jews who believe in the prophets of God, prostrate them selves to him and are Muslims and that you are one of them expect you don't associate your self with the religion.

Ohhh boy I hope this isn't another case of someone converting to Islam because they want to stay in a relationship rather then research about the religion and actually coming to a logical conclusion based of that. Just tell her the Quran says there are Christians and Jews who believe in the prophets of God, prostrate them selves to him and are Muslims and that you are one of them expect you don't associate your self with the religion.

Why not? Sometimes love can leave to Allah (swt).

She can't be with you or marry you if you are not a Muslim.

My advise, if you love her, study Islam, if you think that is a religion you can convert to, then come on this forum and give your Shahada. MSG me I will be more than happy to give you all the information you need any time.

• Advanced Member

My advise, if you love her, study Islam, if you think that is a religion you can convert to, then come on this forum and give your Shahada. MSG me I will be more than happy to give you all the information you need any time.

3:199 "And indeed, among the People of the Scripture are those who believe in Allah and what was revealed to you and what was revealed to them, [being] humbly submissive to God. They do not exchange the verses of ?God for a small price. Those will have their reward with their Lord. Indeed, God is swift in account."

Abraham was not a Muslim in the sense he associated him self with the religion (because it did not exist), he associated him self with Judaism but was a Muslim in the terminological sense.. Just tell her this.

Edited by dfdfRandolphdfdf

3:199 "And indeed, among the People of the Scripture are those who believe in Allah and what was revealed to you and what was revealed to them, [being] humbly submissive to God. They do not exchange the verses of ?God for a small price. Those will have their reward with their Lord. Indeed, God is swift in account."

Abraham was not a Muslim in the sense he associated him self with the religion (because it did not exist), he associated him self with Judaism but was a Muslim in the terminological sense.. Just tell her this.

"Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam"

:)

My point is that you can't take things out of context. According to Sharia, she can't marry a non Muslim.

• Advanced Member

My point is that you can't take things out of context. According to Sharia, she can't marry a non Muslim.

A Muslim is one who submits to God, correct? Well the Quran verse I provided says there are people of the scripture (i.e Christians and Jews) who submit them selves to God whilst not calling them selves Muslim, Moses for example, but now i'm just repeating my self, that's not taking things out of context.

Define "Non Muslim".

Edited by dfdfRandolphdfdf

A Muslim is one who submits to God, correct? Well the Quran verse I provided says there are people of the scripture (i.e Christians and Jews) who submit them selves to God whilst not calling them selves Muslim, Moses for example, but now i'm just repeating my self, that's not taking things out of context.

Define "Non Muslim".

No Muslim as Islamic religion. The one that says Muhammad (pbuh) Rasullah.

I understand what you are trying to say but Islam has personal aspect in which I totally understand and agree with your point keyword of "surrender means Muslim" but Islam also has a community aspect and for that reason, Islamic jurisprudence requires women only marry to men who are Muslim by declaration (Muhammad (pbuh) Rasullah) Muslim.

• Advanced Member

Helloo good moring lol,

My advices to you is to reasearch into islan out of your own free well and you should convert for Allah and not for a human being. A muslim woman cant marry a none muslim because a) your not allowed, b the kids might not follow her path, c you might make her lose her relgious believes or take her out of that relgion.

I think you should look into shia islam, read books, go to a mosque and even if you convert it doesnt mean she will marry you. And its not easy to convert.....

I repeat convert for you and not for another person, I understand you might learn a couple of things and get happy and think she will marry you but unfortanatly its not as easy as that, offcourse this also goes down to how relgious she is, if shes not that relgious she might marry you even if you have convert for "her", but if shes relgious or at least knows the basics she will not marry you unless you convert purely for Allah....

Salams

• Advanced Member

You have to become a Muslim/ convert to Islam. Muslim women can't marry non Muslim men.

Also, there's no dating or informal relationship between the opposite sex who are not related. It's either marriage or nothing. This is the strict interpretation.

• Advanced Member

You have to become a Muslim/ convert to Islam. Muslim women can't marry non Muslim men.

Also, there's no dating or informal relationship between the opposite sex who are not related. It's either marriage or nothing. This is the strict interpretation.

You have to convert to Islam, but please do it for Allah do not do it for the girl in an attempt to please her. If you convert for the girl you convert for the wrong reasons.

• Moderators

Define "Non Muslim".

There is two definitions of 'Muslim' and 'Non Muslim'. The legal definition (according to Islamic Law) and the absolute definition.

When there is a point of Islamic law saying 'non muslims are excluded' for example from marrying Muslim women or being present in the Haramain (Mecca and Medina) it is talking about the legal definition. Anyone who says, with sincerity, the Shahadatain (As Shadu an La illaha illaLah wa Ashadu Anna Muhammadan Rasoulallah) (I witness that there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah) is a muslim. in the legal definition. Anyone who doesn't say this is a non muslim.

The absolute definition is only known to Allah(s.w.a) so we can't use the absolute definition to make legal decisions. Also, btw, muslim women are not allowed to marry even muslim men who openly violate the main tenants of Islamic law (they don't pray, don't fast during Ramadan, drink alcohol, etc).

If you look at the quality and quantity of someones actions, it is true that there are many non muslims who do good actions that help society.

At the same time, if they do these actions without the acknowledgement and recognition of their Creator who gave them the ability to do these actions and without acknowledging the Messengership of Prophet Muhammad(p.b.u.h) then those actions will not be ultimately beneficial to them to the same degree as if they did them with the proper intention (acknowledgement of Allah(s.w.a) and Prophet Muhammad), although other people may benefit from them.

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

Hi all, thanks everyone for taking the time out to comment, I want to thank you all for your replies, so there will be a lot to learn of Islam, guess I'll take my time, I really like this girl a lot and I'm pretty sure what I should do, I love her with all my heart

• Veteran Member

I love her with all my heart

Don't mean to be discouraging here, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the 50% of divorces in the US started out with both sides "loving" each other with all their heart as well. Emotions are a powerful thing, sometimes you've got to reason through them.

Bro, all the "true luv <3" is just temporary neurosis. It'll wear off. Don't allow yourself to be overwhelmed to such an extent. [... dem friggin' romantic movies ...]

You should do your own research on Islam, see the common terms between Islamic ideology and your own. Check out if you share common values and if you are satisfied with it, it's your choice. Become a Muslim or not.

And since you're doing it for teh gurl, I think you should learn about her as well. Looks can be deceiving. Just because she is a Muslim doesn't necessarily means she is, well, a true Muslim. There are plenty of name-sake Muslim who are more un-Islamic than a lot of non-Muslim. Learn about her values and stuff like that. See if you share the common values and beliefs etc. True luv <3 won't do any good in a long term if you're both different from each other.

Other than that, just don't let a wimminz influence sway you that damn much. Bro-ly suggestion by a bro-ly bro.

Edited by The Exalted One
  • 9 months later...
  • Basic Members

Why not? Sometimes love can leave to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

She can't be with you or marry you if you are not a Muslim.

Hello i did what you told him and i studied islam now what ?... can u help me?

• Basic Members

I'min love with a [Edited Out]e girl i studied islam [Edited Out]e an sunni and understand briefly the differences in prayers and mostly everything  and i always remind her about sacred eves but later on i found out that her father has problem he won't accept for any christian person to be with his daughter even if he converted to [Edited Out]e he said cz it's betrayal to christianity and i may betray [Edited Out]e as well!
i don't understand what's his problem?! does he want his girl to be happy or he wants her to have a miserable life wityh someone else!
is there any duggestion plz help :)
Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Anthonny

• Basic Members

She had come to your life probably just to do that...duas for her.

why don't you think in the opposite way?

anw we both believe in one god wether we are christians jews or muslim despite the internal conflicts but the fact we are all under one god rules.

plus it's written in the quraan to treat christians (nasara) better than all religions anw what i want to ask is there any possible way to marry a [Edited Out]e girl?

we both agreed to get married

I hope u can understand me but no one can find love ...love will only find u ...

• Advanced Member

I'min love with a [Edited Out]e girl i studied islam [Edited Out]e an sunni and understand briefly the differences in prayers and mostly everything  and i always remind her about sacred eves but later on i found out that her father has problem he won't accept for any christian person to be with his daughter even if he converted to [Edited Out]e he said cz it's betrayal to christianity and i may betray [Edited Out]e as well!

i don't understand what's his problem?! does he want his girl to be happy or he wants her to have a miserable life wityh someone else!

is there any duggestion plz help :)

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Anthonny

Salam,

I think her dad is worried that you may leave islam, you should convert when your ready. The only thing you can do is study islam futher and you should try again with her father. Their are many fathers that will want their daughter to marry a born muslim insided of a convert that she happened to like. Families fear that the girl marries a convert and in a couple of years the guy goes back to his old habbits. It's worring because usually a woman follows her husbands religion and the children too are meant to follow the father,so if half way in the marriage something goes wrong the girl will be blamed for marrying a stranger and people will talk alot rubbish about her and she will have to divorce the guy if he leaves islam.

Their are marriages that have work but their only a few,so thats why people are more cautious about these marriages.

You should see what is worrying the father and find solutions to the problems. And a side note do convert out of your own free will not for love.

Good luck with everything...

• Basic Members

Salam,

I think her dad is worried that you may leave islam, you should convert when your ready. The only thing you can do is study islam futher and you should try again with her father. Their are many fathers that will want their daughter to marry a born muslim insided of a convert that she happened to like. Families fear that the girl marries a convert and in a couple of years the guy goes back to his old habbits. It's worring because usually a woman follows her husbands religion and the children too are meant to follow the father,so if half way in the marriage something goes wrong the girl will be blamed for marrying a stranger and people will talk alot rubbish about her and she will have to divorce the guy if he leaves islam.

Their are marriages that have work but their only a few,so thats why people are more cautious about these marriages.

You should see what is worrying the father and find solutions to the problems. And a side note do convert out of your own free will not for love.

Good luck with everything...

Well bro my gf and i have no problems concerning religions and we have never talked about it before even if i convert to [Edited Out]e my gf will not allow me to change to any other religion cz she';s in love with me as i am and any change in my life would do us apart.what do u suggest in my case !?

• Advanced Member

Well bro my gf and i have no problems concerning religions and we have never talked about it before even if i convert to [Edited Out]e my gf will not allow me to change to any other religion cz she';s in love with me as i am and any change in my life would do us apart.what do u suggest in my case !?

If you are truly interested in converting to Islam, and would be willing to devote yourself to Islam in belief and practice, I think you should reply by telling her that becoming Muslim would help keep harmonious relations with her family, as well as be better for any future children you might have, and that becoming Muslim would only make you a better version of yourself.