Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LadyNadine

I'm Weird Because...

Rate this topic

Let's see if you guys can handle my weirdness:

1) Unlike you all, I like to make sure that my socks are clean before I re-wear 'em; so therefore, one must smell them.

2) I like to fantasize how brave of a warrior I am of the Middle Ages, this fantasy was avid when I was a 6 year old. Somehow it has continued all these years, and now I have become an emperor of this fairly good empire, I have many enemies though.

All these years, a lot has went down in my fantasy, it's an epic story, and now I am running my empire, keeping my enemies at bay. I can write a fine 25-page story on it, it is truly magnificent

3) I like to think that I am some young hot-shot millionaire. I go on all these designer clothes website, and think what should I buy next.

Furthermore, I allocate a budget to myself and spend it on cars on their website. the 'Build your car' feature on BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, Porsche Bentley etc has been tuned to death. Every Single Car I Say.

You know, that rims, that model, that class, that seats, that trim, that color, and viola! we have got a beauty right there.

4) I like to plan 'em vacations, and cruises online, read reviews of destinations, travel resorts etc, and see, where to go next, as if I am some active traveler/vacation-goer. (I Wish)

5) I can guarantee that my thinking isn't weird, but mt dreams are super-weird :P.

All this is not new, I have been doing all this from grade 3 onwards, and somehow, all these childish antics and carried on with me up to a new level as I age. :donno:

Edited by GreyMatter

I am weird for many different reasons. I will disclose one now, and more as this thread goes on. Here is the one I will disclose now: I am weird because I typed a Taudheehul Masaa'il on how to use Shiachat. Not only did I type it, I read it regularly and edit it. I was just going through a phase though. I now have a life. Here it is http://www.shiachat....-haydar-karrar/ ..

My next Weirdness:

I like chick flicks and historical fiction movies.

I loved The Notebook. I also loved Twilight, Life of Pi, Fried Green Tomatoes, Titanic, and other movies like those. Not the books. I hate the books. The movies are awesome and nobody can deny that!!! :yaali:

2) I like to fantasize how brave of a warrior I am of the Middle Ages, this fantasy was avid when I was a 6 year old. Somehow it has continued all these years, and now I have become an emperor of this fairly good empire, I have many enemies though.

All these years, a lot has went down in my fantasy, it's an epic story, and now I am running my empire, keeping my enemies at bay. I can write a fine 25-page story on it, it is truly magnificent

I request a synopsis of your decades-long parallel, medieval life story please.

Guest LadyNadine

Im weird because Im obsessive over exercises accessories, such as weight gloves, balance balls, pedometer. Anything to do with exercise, I must have.

Let's see if you guys can handle my weirdness:

1) Unlike you all, I like to make sure that my socks are clean before I re-wear 'em; so therefore, one must smell them.

3) I like to think that I am some young hot-shot millionaire. I go on all these designer clothes website, and think what should I buy next.

Furthermore, I allocate a budget to myself and spend it on cars on their website. the 'Build your car' feature on BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, Porsche Bentley etc has been tuned to death. Every Single Car I Say.

You know, that rims, that model, that class, that seats, that trim, that color, and viola! we have got a beauty right there.

4) I like to plan 'em vacations, and cruises online, read reviews of destinations, travel resorts etc, and see, where to go next, as if I am some active traveler/vacation-goer. (I Wish)

5) I can guarantee that my thinking isn't weird, but mt dreams are super-weird :P.

All this is not new, I have been doing all this from grade 3 onwards, and somehow, all these childish antics and carried on with me up to a new level as I age. :donno:

1- I don't wear socks. Only rarely, or in winters.

2- What a coincidence, my dear lordling. :D

3- I have 4 or 5 sets of clothes for general wear since, oh, 5 years or so. And a couple of pieces for parties or gatherings where its rather customary to wear the right kind of clothes. Same story with shoes. In fact I still have a pair of shoes, casual wear by HushPuppies, that I had patched countless times and my friends started to make fun of them and of me because I didn't change them for 5 years or so. Don't feel the need to buy new ones. I already have my dream car, a 4x4 pickup truck.^^^^

4- Vacations? N/A. I'm self employed and don't like much to travel to far off places and climb mountains and all that. Just not my idea of recreation. My top idea of recreation is to have a bonfire and a meaty good tasting ruminant over it in company of family or relatives or friends. Or movies, games, whatever.

5- Often people tell me that I'm too trusting and think of others as myself, i.e., trustworthy. These people aren't entirely wrong, nor correct either. But I very rarely mean anyone any harm. I'm accommodating and forgiving to others and gentle to strangers too. And people find it weird too. I guess they are unable to notice my .30 cal pistol that is always loaded and ready and always under my clothes, and think of me as a amateur gun collector or hobbyist when they see the little collection of my various firearm tools in a cupboard. :(

Lol. I do it all the time. Actually, I'm currently spending quite some time daily on the web to fix a new itinerary with all things considered, being the meticulous planner I am, esp when the family is involved. The only difference between the weird part and non-weird part is that I travel :D

Khayr, I bet many of you won't tell us the real weird things you do 'cause those are too weird to mention :P

I have always been interested in those epic Medieval-ish battles that we saw on Lords of the Rings, Braveheart, Kingdom of Heaven, Troy etc.

Read the following in the British accent, sounds more epic.

The story starts that a few clans united under my grandfather in desperation to live a great life. My father and his father have always been an advocate of a higher birth rate; and so, today we have quite a decent population coming out from a few clans just a century ago.

To understand life, my father deployed me to the front line of every battle, and damn, I delivered and served honorably. I used to lead my army and fight, fight all my enemies off, and so I have earned the respect of my own war generals and fellow comrades. (picture an 8 year old running around the house fighting air with a stick)

Word around is that my current army's morale is very high, just because of me.

As my father have passed away, I am no longer a front-line warrior, but a young emperor, who is experienced in battles and knows what goes on in the real world outside the city gates, and has the wisdom that my father left behind. I have funded intellectuals and rational thinkers a lot, also academia, books, literature, science are greatly encouraged.

It's a simple rule, if you are tough, fight for the empire, if not, study day and night so your brain can achieve it's potential. If someone is bad in both, he/she must farm.

Right now, I have many, many enemies, thanks to me funding and encouraging science and all, my empire's weapons are very advanced, which means am able to annihilate my attacking enemies, without suffering major causalities.

With the simple rule, and thanks to a higher-than-normal birth rate, my empire has ample food, a strong standing army, and lots of economic, and scientific development who are often busy in debating other empires' ideologies, writing books, inventing goods and prospering my empire.

I however rule with an iron fist, I have given my people enough of material wealth, and incentives that they won't take the liberty in risking to loose all by starting a rebellion against me.

That can be a small summary, I like to think about it when I am bored, lol.

That's not a fantascy, that's a description of a typical desi family in which men act like emperors and family is the most important thing. I wish you would mention the few options desi children are given. If you are not in a career where you earn a lot of money, you must become ____. It doesn't matter if you earn enough money to support yourself, you are not adding to the family wealth. I see this as sugar-coating and using fancy words to justify wrong moral values of our culture.

That's not a fantascy, that's a description of a typical desi family in which men act like emperors and family is the most important thing.

^ Ah yes, how ingenious of you to point out that similarity. Men should not act like emperors, rather they should act like democratic eunuchs who can't lead a group of kindergarten kids to a picnic.^^^^^ Sooooo true. And family, it should never be an important thing. It should be let go of.

I wish you would mention the few options desi children are given.

I totally agree. As a desi child, I was given very few options and mostly confined in an attic through my childhood. I could never go out in the street and see the heads rolling.

If you are not in a career where you earn a lot of money, you must become ____.

A non-Muslim? A bigot? Hmm.. I can't guess what you mean or I would have agreed with you.

It doesn't matter if you earn enough money to support yourself, you are not adding to the family wealth. I see this as sugar-coating and using fancy words to justify wrong moral values of our culture.

How so very true. Adding to family wealth and earning truck loads of money is so very difficult for the desi even when they leave for greener pastures in the West and rub their hands off while washing dishes and what not. Oh, the hand of fate. Life is unfair for for us desis.

1- I don't wear socks. Only rarely, or in winters.

2- What a coincidence, my dear lordling. :D

3- I have 4 or 5 sets of clothes for general wear since, oh, 5 years or so. And a couple of pieces for parties or gatherings where its rather customary to wear the right kind of clothes. Same story with shoes. In fact I still have a pair of shoes, casual wear by HushPuppies™, that I had patched countless times and my friends started to make fun of them and of me because I didn't change them for 5 years or so. Don't feel the need to buy new ones. I already have my dream car, a 4x4 pickup truck.^^^^

4- Vacations? N/A. I'm self employed and don't like much to travel to far off places and climb mountains and all that. Just not my idea of recreation. My top idea of recreation is to have a bonfire and a meaty good tasting ruminant over it in company of family or relatives or friends. Or movies, games, whatever.

5- Often people tell me that I'm too trusting and think of others as myself, i.e., trustworthy. These people aren't entirely wrong, nor correct either. But I very rarely mean anyone any harm. I'm accommodating and forgiving to others and gentle to strangers too. And people find it weird too. I guess they are unable to notice my .30 cal pistol that is always loaded and ready and always under my clothes, and think of me as a amateur gun collector or hobbyist when they see the little collection of my various firearm tools in a cupboard. :(

what do you have in your arsenal,dear?

Ok bro, I'll be polite... What you are telling us (1-4) you are a paindoo... :)

For #5, what do you mean by .30 cal. Is that old .30 Luger or .380 Auto. Have you considered 9mm Lugers, one of the best one in personal safety tools. Or the Glock .40?

I'm not a fan of these handheld devices though, am more into elegant bolt action long barrel ones..

Ok bro, I'll be polite... What you are telling us (1-4) you are a paindoo... :)

For #5, what do you mean by .30 cal. Is that old .30 Luger or .380 Auto. Have you considered 9mm Lugers, one of the best one in personal safety tools. Or the Glock .40?

I'm not a fan of these handheld devices though, am more into elegant bolt action long barrel ones..

.30 Luger i think.

i am also a 9mm fan.best for self defense.

buy a berretta and carry it cocked and locked with a jacketed hollow point round.thats my definition of conceal carry.

.30 Mauser, FMJ. But let not derail the thread here. Oh wait, its about weird things so why not.^^^^

My arsenal: 7mm mauser bolt action rifle with 4x scope made by Fabrique Nationale (FN, Belgium). PPSH-41 SMG with two 70 round drum magazines with custom spring to increase rate of fire to 1100-1300 rpm (rounds per minute). A nazi marksman's rifle and a cheap commie bullet sprayer.^^^ The above two are my favorites. Custom made AK-47 with a long barrel of 7mm mauser rifle that stands out and makes it look like a Dragunov, uses bren magazine for the longer bullets (semi / auto) and has scope mounting. This was my first proper firearm so I still keep it but its only for scaring people away with its noise. Customized AK-47 chambered for 7.92 x 39 mm 'Kurz', in memory of its ancestor the StG-44 that was chambered for Kurz rounds (fail weapon tho imho) it belongs to my uncle but he never asks back for it for some reason. I give this to my chauffer/guard to take to bed with him. 12 gauge double barrel shotgun, sawed off to 16", for emergency pest control.

And yes, I am a proud paindoo. The thought of showing off in posh western clothes like the fellows in the city makes me sick. I rather dress to my own liking, not to others'. My grandpa used to wear one of those white desi turbans wound over a hard cap underneath with one end of the turban stiffened with rice water and erected upwards like a high gain FM antenna. He never gave it up. Once a sugar mill manager smiled at him as if mocking as he saw his old fashioned turban on his head and my grandpa was 92 years old then but the poor manager received a quick and hard slap on his face from my 6'4" tall grandpa which made him fall down. :P

This makes me think. I should also wear a turban like his. Sadly I'm not him. :(

P.S.: The weapons chambered for 9 mm parabellum aren't really pro. The round is short and heavy so it has a less range in both pistols and SMGs. The penetration of the round is so silly that often it'll deflect off of a car's windshield front screen, and the fire group is large and without acceptable precision. Its rather suited for paramilitary grunts.

P.S.S.: OMG I almost forgot to add my knives and daggers to the list. I have a knife like Rambo's! You know, the ones with the black blade and pointy jagged surface on the dull side (for pulling out the blood vessels after a stab!).

Edited by Darth Vader

^ Ah yes, how ingenious of you to point out that similarity. Men should not act like emperors, rather they should act like democratic eunuchs who can't lead a group of kindergarten kids to a picnic.^^^^^ Sooooo true. And family, it should never be an important thing. It should be let go of.

Remember the letter that Imam Ali (A.S.) wrote to Malik Bin Ashtar about how to lead a country? I think it can be applied to leading a family also. In that letter, the focus was not "the nation" or the interests of the nation, the focus was Allah. Family is important but it should not be the focus of all moral values.

Edited by Mokhtar2012

^ Bro if you come to Pakistan I can buy you an entire shipment of Lee Enfield MK III and IVs. :) Excellent choice of rifle by the way. Probably among the top 3 bolt action rifles ever imho. It just so happens that I have extensive experience with and remember the ballistics table of the 7x57mm mauser round when fired by my Karabiner 98k. The .303 is an equally great cartridge.

^ Bro if you come to Pakistan I can buy you an entire shipment of Lee Enfield MK III and IVs. :) Excellent choice of rifle by the way. Probably among the top 3 bolt action rifles ever imho. It just so happens that I have extensive experience with and remember the ballistics table of the 7x57mm mauser round when fired by my Karabiner 98k. The .303 is an equally great cartridge.

A Springfield 03-A3 is better. Now with internal modifications and a 15o end piece, you can have a relatively tight shot group at 1km, also.

Now that's "wierd" :o

Edited by hasanhh

I'm weird because today I cut up various fruits put them into a small container, then added milk and whacked it in the Freezer. Several hours after I was eating fruit ice cream :!!!:

Don't knock it without trying!

I must confess... Shia_Debater first introduced me to this delicious Bid'ah ^_^ He told he this is something he does and I was like: Yeah... :donno:

But he was really onto something lol :lol:

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

i am weird because i do what ever i like to do.........like sometimes i ride my bike with my shirt off....and people r like they havent seen someone with no shirt in their life

Now thats roasted Ice cream, good weird.

I've eaten Fried Ice Cream before. Yes, if you eat Chinese all things are possible :mellow:

Seriously it was this fried ball with ice cream in the middle LOL I couldn't believe it, but it's real. I testify to this wonder :P

I've eaten Fried Ice Cream before. Yes, if you eat Chinese all things are possible :mellow:

Seriously it was this fried ball with ice cream in the middle LOL I couldn't believe it, but it's real. I testify to this wonder :P

(salam)

I can support your testimony, I have had fried ice cream too :)