Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
finland_84

Purpose Of Life

Rate this topic

Assalaamu aleikum for all

I am Salahuddeen, convert Muslim from Finland.

I would like to ask quite wide question about Shia Islam. What according to Shia understanding (of religious Muslims in Iran) is the purpose of your life in larger concept and what differences of opinion do you have about it?

Like about Sunni I know, some of the religious, affliated ones believe either in Jihad. They believe that you must establish Khalifate by way of Jihad and establish Sharia on people no matter they like it, or not and then do Jihad after that to submit all countries of the world for Islam. I am not a big fan of this way, because it is mostly ideology of Al Qaeda and movements like that. And they believe, your great sinner, if you dont do it. Means, spend all your life for Jihad in some Iraqi desert, or Afghan cave.

Dawah Sunnis believe that calling people away from sin is Fard e Ein. Meaning, if you dont call people awsy from sin, you are a sinner. And they believe, this is age of Fitnah, so all must devote all of their time for this endeavour. I agree on calling people away from sin. But not completely all of the time. If I must do it all the time and spend months and years out of work and out of my home, I find it a bit hard for myself.

And many Sunnis believe that if there was an Islamic country, you must move there, or it is compulsory, or almost compulsory. What do you believe on this? Is it compulsory for someone to move to Iran, because it is Islamic country?

Im interested to know, what is Shia stand of these subjects and what you have to DO to be a good Shia. I mean apart from Salah, Zakat, Hajj, not doing Haram. Above these what Shias believe, you must do to be good Muslim?

How about Shia, if he dislikes to curse Sahabah, or anyone, even Moaweyah, or Yazed, or even Israel. And if he dislikes anyone speaking to him to make lanah in front of him for anyone. Is one considered bad Shia for this, if he agree they are all bad, or you believe something being wrong with his Aqeedah?

Also one question. Do you believe, like if someone has good business and he earns like a million dollars a year and pays from this money zakat and maintains with it all by himself Shia Masjids and Shaykhs and Islamic Madrasahs outside the country snd gives Hezbollah, Ayatollah, etc large contributions. Do you believe, one can by this attain high position, higher, than many Ulema, who teach Islam and many Mujahids and even Shuhada? Or do you believe like many Sunni that this person gets only reward according to the part, he is spending? Meaning that if he has 100 million dollars anf he contributed 10 millions, his reward is equal to someone, who has 100 DOLLARS and he gave 10 dollars?

Thank you before for replying, who found it in his heart to reply for me.

Assalaamu aleikum for all

I am Salahuddeen, convert Muslim from Finland.

I would like to ask quite wide question about Shia Islam. What according to Shia understanding (of religious Muslims in Iran) is the purpose of your life in larger concept and what differences of opinion do you have about it?

Like about Sunni I know, some of the religious, affliated ones believe either in Jihad. They believe that you must establish Khalifate by way of Jihad and establish Sharia on people no matter they like it, or not and then do Jihad after that to submit all countries of the world for Islam. I am not a big fan of this way, because it is mostly ideology of Al Qaeda and movements like that. And they believe, your great sinner, if you dont do it. Means, spend all your life for Jihad in some Iraqi desert, or Afghan cave.

Dawah Sunnis believe that calling people away from sin is Fard e Ein. Meaning, if you dont call people awsy from sin, you are a sinner. And they believe, this is age of Fitnah, so all must devote all of their time for this endeavour. I agree on calling people away from sin. But not completely all of the time. If I must do it all the time and spend months and years out of work and out of my home, I find it a bit hard for myself.

And many Sunnis believe that if there was an Islamic country, you must move there, or it is compulsory, or almost compulsory. What do you believe on this? Is it compulsory for someone to move to Iran, because it is Islamic country?

Im interested to know, what is Shia stand of these subjects and what you have to DO to be a good Shia. I mean apart from Salah, Zakat, Hajj, not doing Haram. Above these what Shias believe, you must do to be good Muslim?

How about Shia, if he dislikes to curse Sahabah, or anyone, even Moaweyah, or Yazed, or even Israel. And if he dislikes anyone speaking to him to make lanah in front of him for anyone. Is one considered bad Shia for this, if he agree they are all bad, or you believe something being wrong with his Aqeedah?

Also one question. Do you believe, like if someone has good business and he earns like a million dollars a year and pays from this money zakat and maintains with it all by himself Shia Masjids and Shaykhs and Islamic Madrasahs outside the country snd gives Hezbollah, Ayatollah, etc large contributions. Do you believe, one can by this attain high position, higher, than many Ulema, who teach Islam and many Mujahids and even Shuhada? Or do you believe like many Sunni that this person gets only reward according to the part, he is spending? Meaning that if he has 100 million dollars anf he contributed 10 millions, his reward is equal to someone, who has 100 DOLLARS and he gave 10 dollars?

Thank you before for replying, who found it in his heart to reply for me.

Brother finland, hello, salam Alaykum, and 'terv' (i hope i said that correctly)

Before i head off for dinner, i will give some brief answers to your questions:

1) Jihad: in Islam there is a concept of minor Jihad, and major Jihad. the minor Jihad is to participate in a war (a just war, not any ridiculous war). the major jihad is what each and every human being goes through every day. ie being a good parent, a hard worker, earning money lawfully, feeding your kids. loving your parents, being truthful and loyal, and so on and so forth

Also, jihad where innocent people are killed is not jihad, it is murder, plain and simple. there is only hell for such terrible crimes

2) Dawah. the verse in the Quran is clear: "there is no compulsion in religion". Yes we should promote islam to others, because we want for others a happy life. but we can't force anything on anyone. The Imam of shia theology ( Imam Ja'far) said it perfectly "be a silent promoter for us". the people asked the Imam how to achieve that. He said "by letting your actions speak for themselves. let you actions show what islam is" not just say things with your tongue, and then do something completely different

3) Do we need to live in an Islamic country? of course not. All land belongs to Allah. and if muslims don't live in western countries, while practicing their religion properly, how else will Christians and Jews and athiests see the true Islam? how else will they themselves see it's beauty?

4) cursing and lanah: this is not part of the doctorine of the school of thought of Ahlul Bait (is shia). What i mean is, just because you are a shia doesn't mean you have to ask Allah to remove his mercy (literal meaning of lanah) from someone. yes we do ask Allah to remove His mercy from some personalities, because they have clearly acted differently to the Quran. In fact, Allah Himself says many times in the Quran how He curses certain individuals (pharoah, abu jahl etc etc)

5) Question regarding charity: Allah doesn't look at how much you give, but how much you have and what part of it you were willing to give. it is known that one of the Imams refused to take the big sums of money that some business men wanted to give as religious tax (because they did it to show off), but the Imam personally thanked the lady who gave him 1 coin (because all the had in the world was 5 coins to begin with), it shows that Allah loves the one who gives because they have a clean heart. Allah doesn't need our wealth, everything belongs to Him to begin with.

I hope my short and simple answers helped clear things a little bit brother. If there is anything else i can do, i am at your service

And Allah (SWT) knows best

I thought this thread was going to be about the purpose of life but this is just sectarian nitpicking at best

Sister Johanna perhaps the brother who created this topic was so interested to learn about these points, because for him this is a piece of the puzzle for his (quite possibly new) understanding of islam, and islam is his life. I highly doubt the title of his thread was to mislead.

Edited by mohammad_mahdi

I meant that when I hear from Sunni, first when I come to Islam, they tell me that purpose of life is to worship Allah. And for that you must do five pillars of Islam. And they said, ok you do that and you already fill your responcibility and go to Jannah. But some further being with them, they have a lot of different versions, what you then must do. Whether spending all of the time in Afghan cave, or all of your time for doing Dawah. And this is what you must do to worship Allah correctly and be good Muslim, otherwise your somewhat deficient, or lazy, or fasiq, kafir, etc.

Sorry that I didnt come up with better headline. I came here more to ask the religious/little bit extreme shia about opinion on this.

Maybe better would have been.. What all things that you must do and believe so that you make Allah happy and are considered good Muslim so that no-one will come to say, you dont fill the requirements, or your lazy Muslim, bad Muslim, kafir, etc? A bit too long headline. Maybe purpose of life is still better. And I also want to know Ikhtilaf on this with Shia, if there are more, than one opinion with this.

Thanks, brother Muhammed. First I'd like to ask more about Jihad. Minor and major Jihad for me is quite clear. But I want a bit more information on this. For whom minor Jihad (Qetaal) is compulsory, Fardul Ein and when it is compulsory and who has the right to declare Jihad for all? And what is ikhtilaaf in opinion of this question with ithnaa asheri ulema?

I meant that when I hear from Sunni, first when I come to Islam, they tell me that purpose of life is to worship Allah. And for that you must do five pillars of Islam. And they said, ok you do that and you already fill your responcibility and go to Jannah. But some further being with them, they have a lot of different versions, what you then must do. Whether spending all of the time in Afghan cave, or all of your time for doing Dawah. And this is what you must do to worship Allah correctly and be good Muslim, otherwise your somewhat deficient, or lazy, or fasiq, kafir, etc.

Sorry that I didnt come up with better headline. I came here more to ask the religious/little bit extreme shia about opinion on this.

Maybe better would have been.. What all things that you must do and believe so that you make Allah happy and are considered good Muslim so that no-one will come to say, you dont fill the requirements, or your lazy Muslim, bad Muslim, kafir, etc? A bit too long headline. Maybe purpose of life is still better. And I also want to know Ikhtilaf on this with Shia, if there are more, than one opinion with this.

the requirement to be shia from wiki:

The Usool-ad-Deen (Principles of the Religion)

The Furoo-ad-Deen (Secondary Principles of the Religion)

• Salah ("Prayer" - performing the five daily prayers)
  • Sawm ("Fast" - fasting during the month of Ramadan)
  • Hajj ("Pilgrimage" - performing the pilgrimage to Mecca)
  • Zakat ("Poor-rate" - paying the poor rate)
  • Khums ("One-fifth" - paying tax on one-fifth of financial gain)
  • Jihad ("Struggle" - struggling to please God)
  • Amr-Bil-Ma'roof ("Commanding what is just")
  • Nahi-Anil-Munkar ("Forbiding what is evil")
  • Tawalla (expressing love towards Good)
  • Tabarra (expressing disassociation and hatred towards Evil)

Lile if Israel attacks Lebanon, or someone attacks Iran, is it compulsory for me , if I was Shia to go there and fight? If I didnt go and just stayed in Finland, would I be a sinner? How about if someone attacked Iran and you live there and Jihad is declared. Now, who must go and fight and who will stay back? And what is Ikhtilaaf in this?

Thank you, brother Ibn Sohan. But this wikipedia page for an example does not mention Shia opinion of Jihad. I know partition of Jihad and Sunni opinion of my questions quite well, but dont know what ithnaa asheris teach about these questions. And what you must do and when to fill your obligation to Allah.

http://shiastudies.net/article/english/Article.php?id=3609

http://shiastudies.net/article/english/Article.php?id=3420

http://shiastudies.net/article/english/Article.php?id=2580

http://shiastudies.net/article/english/Article.php?id=3733

http://shiastudies.net/article/english/Article.php?id=4010

these and lengthy articles but you should read them in full as you seem to be confused, simple answers might be easier to digest but it would need an expert in the fiqh of jihad to answer them all with credibility.

For Muhammed about Dawah. When it is compulsory for Shias and how much and how you must do Dawah? Dawah people of Sunni say, it is Dardul Kifayah, but they say, this is time of fitnah, so it has became Fard al Ein. But moreover for this they teach, you should devote one third of all your time for Dawah. If you can not, you should at least go for Dawah 3 days a month, 40 days a year apart from the 3 days monthly and spend every day 1 hour going to Muslim houses, telling them about Allah, make once in a week gathering people to Masjid for Islamic speach. And make Islamic lesson in Masjid and in your house daily. And attend to these activities and also attend, when group comes to your Masjid. And in their opinion, if you dont do all that, you are somewhat deficient, not very good Muslim.

Salafis believe mostly, when you see someone doing something wrong, you say very straightforward that it is Haram. And if this person does not believe you, you must verbally attack him and demand him to change. For them Dawah means learning Quran in groups, debating with people and listening and making Khutbahs now and then in Masjid.

Jihadis believe that in tine when government is not following Jihad, you must implement it by force by fighting with the state and forcing Islamic law on people. And after that punish by Sharia those who dont pray, dont pay zakat, etc.

Now what are the Shia opinions of how Dawah should be made and Ikhtilaf in it?

So what is most extreme and mildest opinion of Shias about

All of the things you have described seem to be applicable for Wahhabi Muslims - they are based in Saudi Arabia, funded by their king and their actions can often be seen on TV constantly throughout the year.

We - those who follow the Prophet's Household (Ahlulbayt) are diametrically opposed to Wahhabi Islam.

All of the things you have described seem to be applicable for Wahhabi Muslims - they are based in Saudi Arabia, funded by their king and their actions can often be seen on TV constantly throughout the year.

We - those who follow the Prophet's Household (Ahlulbayt) are diametrically opposed to Wahhabi Islam.

Can't really put it any better than this to be honest...

It is not. I dont mean to disrespect you people, but even Sunni major groups are quite easy to explain and easy to understand, but you people dont quote understand them, or their basics.

This is NOT what I want from this question, not to argue, just to learn understanding of what does Shia Islam (twelvers) teach, what is absolutely enough that you are not deficient in Islam and you will go to paradise from the aspects, which I mentioned example of.

Sunnis are 5 basic groups: salafi, tablegh (and they are not salafi), Ikhwan (not Salafi), sufis (not Salafi) and Jihadi (partly Salafi, about 50-75% maybe). Now, Salafis/wahhabis are those, who quote Ibn Taymeyah, Ibn Qayyem, Muhammed Bin Abdul Wahhab, Bin Baaz and Shaykh Albani and follow their teachings about Fiqh and speak about following mathabs blindly. But if some person completely disagrees on all of these Shaykhs and follows Imam Shafei for an example. Even , if he was making Jihad in Iran and believed in suicide bombings in Shia Masjids, he is not Salafi, because he does not follow their marjaa. He is just in some other way jahil. Being Salafi, etc is really a matter of marja. But even in Sufis and all mathabs there has often been some very extreme views on some subjects, but they has never been so popular.

I bet EVEN in Shia Ithnaa Asheri you must have one, or two shaykhs, who their opinion was either that you must kill all Sunnis, if you have superiority over them. Or that you must give Sunnis chance of becoming Shia, or die. But this was probably never popular opinion. It is the same with Sunnis.

But Salafis differ in the fact that many things, which are for us very unpopular opinions are for them popular. And many people for whom Sunnis say, he is doing nistake, salafists call him kafir.

I read the first article and there was not any mention about for whom and in which situation Jihad becomes compulsory.

If it brings lots of difficulty for you to reply for my questions. Is it possible for you to give me a phone number for knowledgeable Alim from Iran? Or skype ID and when he is there? Dont worry about the language. I am originally Finnish and quite recently converted, but I speak Arabic already.

it is point less to talk with any shia alim, it is obvious he will try to brain wash and try to bring u towards his own ideology, why not acquire knowledge on ur own and then come to truth (what ever u will find will be truth for you).....

read life of Ahlul bayt and life of there enemies, it will be easier for you to reach to conclusions...

Edited by Last Reformer

I know Sunni version from life of ahl al-bayt. I know difference of kafi and bukhari. I know your evidence and evidence of ahl al-sunnah. I am not trying to debate, but to learn and understand. Brother in what I do now I AM following Quran. Fas2aloo ahl al thekr in kontom laa ta3lamoon. Quran did not tell us to go to the source, it did not tell us to go to see the Ahadith. Quran told us to go to ahl al thekr. And that in this Ayah means Ulema. I was thinking, this farum has many people, who have high knowledge of Fiqh, but seeking knowledge from here has proven itself difficult.

So, what is phone number and skype address of Shia Alim from Iran, preferebly, or Iraq.