Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Pakistan

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Watching a very interesting program on PBS, about Pakistan... on Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. It is an Independent Lens program so I believe it can be found online to watch. Independent Lens, Bhutto. If not, it usually runs several times. I hope to catch it again since it is a 2 hour program and I missed parts of it.

Edited by CLynn
  • Veteran Member

Watching a very interesting program on PBS, about Pakistan... on Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. It is an Independent Lens program so I believe it can be found online to watch. Independent Lens, Bhutto. If not, it usually runs several times. I hope to catch it again since it is a 2 hour program and I missed parts of it.

If this is the same one I saw there was not much on her crooked, 10%, husband.

• Veteran Member

If this is the same one I saw there was not much on her crooked, 10%, husband.

Yeah because the Ten Per Cent allegations or any case of corruption have never been proven in a court of law. Funny isn' t it :donno:

• Veteran Member

Not being proven in a court of law in Pakistan means absolutely nothing. Witnesses can be bought, the prosecutor can be threatened, heck even the judges can be bribed in the Land of the Pure.

Lawful is what the mighty do.

• Veteran Member

It's really worth watching if you can. One of the things that they did speak of was how in Pakistan it is a common method used to get rid of unwanted politicians... to accuse of corruption.

What @Brained said is definitely true but it cuts both ways. Since the system itself is a joke, it's very easy to register false cases and produce false witnesses against whomsoever you don't happen to like, just to create troubles for your opponent.

One shouldn't overlook politically motivated false cases of corruption against against almost everybody who has held high office in Pakistan. Say a person has 20 cases of corruption against him. Of which only a couple or so would hold water. The rest would be registered out of thin air.

I'm not a political person but a land dispute had caused me embroiled in a false case. The party who registered the case against me alleged that I had sold x acres of land to them, taken 7 million Pakistani Rupees from them as token money, signed a legal contract to that effect, but now I refuse to honour the agreement and have decided to unilaterally withdraw from it. The funny thing is that the accusing party produced the legal document with my [fake] signatures, complete with stamps and signatures from official office bearers who authenticated the agreement in my presence at the courts, with half a dozen witnesses ready to testify against me, complete with receipts of the 7 million I had taken as advance.

While all this was set to pronounce me guilty of dishonouring the agreement in a joke of a court-of-law, I obviously had no idea what was going on. I did not sign any agreement, didn't take a thin dime from the party; I didn't even invite them to buy my land in the first place.

So yeah, welcome to Pakistan.

What @Brained said is definitely true but it cuts both ways. Since the system itself is a joke, it's very easy to register false cases and produce false witnesses against whomsoever you don't happen to like, just to create troubles for your opponent.

One shouldn't overlook politically motivated false cases of corruption against against almost everybody who has held high office in Pakistan. Say a person has 20 cases of corruption against him. Of which only a couple or so would hold water. The rest would be registered out of thin air.

I'm not a political person but a land dispute had caused me embroiled in a false case. The party who registered the case against me alleged that I had sold x acres of land to them, taken 7 million Pakistani Rupees from them as token money, signed a legal contract to that effect, but now I refuse to honour the agreement and have decided to unilaterally withdraw from it. The funny thing is that the accusing party produced the legal document with my [fake] signatures, complete with stamps and signatures from official office bearers who authenticated the agreement in my presence at the courts, with half a dozen witnesses ready to testify against me, complete with receipts of the 7 million I had taken as advance.

While all this was set to pronounce me guilty of dishonouring the agreement in a joke of a court-of-law, I obviously had no idea what was going on. I did not sign any agreement, didn't take a thin dime from the party; I didn't even invite them to buy my land in the first place.

So yeah, welcome to Pakistan.

Did they manage to steal your land?

• Veteran Member

^ what political party filed a case against your land? Or more specifically who are they loyal to?

I think you missed. The land dispute was entirely nonpolitical, and my opponent had no speakable political affiliations. I was telling with the help of firsthand experience as to how the law can be misused and twisted for personal reasons. It gets much more dirty when politics is involved.

That is still quite scary about your land Marbles, even if they didn't manage to take it. It makes you wonder how many people have fallen victim to this and had their entire livelihood ripped completely from under them. I think that many people don't realize this type of corruption and thievery can go on in ANY part of the world, not only 3rd world countries, even though it's easier in the 3rd world.

Edited by ImAli
  • Veteran Member

That is still quite scary about your land Marbles, even if they didn't manage to take it. It makes you wonder how many people have fallen victim to this and had their entire livelihood ripped completely from under them. I think that many people don't realize this type of corruption and thievery can go on in ANY part of the world, not only 3rd world countries, even though it's easier in the 3rd world.

Thats why I hate most of the third world countries in general and pakistan in PARTICULAR as its on top of the black list..... so much corruption, so much crookedness, so much lies, so much cheating etc etc and then we turn around and call others Kaffirs. I bet most kaffirs are more Muslim in most of their social deeds than most Muslims themselves.

I bet most kaffirs are more Muslim in most of their social deeds than most Muslims themselves.

no betting about it...it's true

At least that is my experience. I've had more "muslims" try to screw me over and rip me off than "kaffirs" :dry: .

Edited by ImAli
  • Veteran Member

no betting about it...it's true

At least that is my experience. I've had more "muslims" try to screw me over and rip me off than "kaffirs" :dry: .

i could write a book longer than shahnamah about such experiences. at the end of the day its all for petty amounts and ubber petty reasons.

i could write a book longer than shahnamah about such experiences. at the end of the day its all for petty amounts and ubber petty reasons.

Steering far off topic here, but haven't you noticed that after they try to get one over on you .....they are masters at playing like THEY are the victim.....hahahaha.

• Veteran Member

Yeah Pakistan easily brackets into countries at the top of the list for crookedness and subversion of law, and the rule of the jungle, where the only virtue is power.

Robert Burns appropriately said: " Every man is to himself and let the Devil take the hindmost."

Good people wish they wouldn't have to act in the same manner just for mere survival. But to tell the truth, it's inevitable. Had I not resorted to crookedness and false cases, I would have come across as weak and powerless. It would have also been very hard if not impossible to prove the forgery against me in a court of law. So I replied fire with fire - a response my opponent mistakenly thinking of me as some soft Europe-returned bum did not anticipate.

I also made him pay me a brand new Toyota Corolla 2011 model in the final compensatory deal :D

Lol @ Shahnamah

Edited by Marbles
  • Veteran Member

Hahahahaaaahaaa

And I converted it into hard cash as I already had the same car of same model and funded by previous Europe trip with that :D

He'd now think twice before attempting to take over lands.

^^^^Not only that...had you let him get away with it, once word got out imagine all of the false cases that would have been pouring in against you....it would have been a huge free for all.

Indeed. But to clarify, he wasn't just looking for lands to grab. I and him ran into dispute originally due to the sale of a piece of land that I had wanted to sell to buyer X, with whom that guy didn't get along well. So he tried to persuade me not to sell the piece of land to buyer X. I said in that case he should buy the same piece of land for the same rate the buyer X was offering me. He wouldn't. I had to sell the land to service my debts so I proceeded with the sale to buyer X. My opponent then had the false case registered against me, and by virtue of being my neighbour was able to obtain a stay order too.

Had I not responded appropriately, I was told by insiders, his plan was to buy the same piece of land from me at almost half the price buyer X offered me. My backside.

Edited by Marbles
  • Advanced Member

Thats why I hate most of the third world countries in general and pakistan in PARTICULAR as its on top of the black list..... so much corruption, so much crookedness, so much lies, so much cheating etc etc and then we turn around and call others Kaffirs. I bet most kaffirs are more Muslim in most of their social deeds than most Muslims themselves.

The corrupt environment makes people corrupt. Corruption tends to spread like wildfire.

• Veteran Member

Steering far off topic here, but haven't you noticed that after they try to get one over on you .....they are masters at playing like THEY are the victim.....hahahaha.

Had I not resorted to crookedness and false cases, I would have come across as weak and powerless. It would have also been very hard if not impossible to prove the forgery against me in a court of law. So I replied fire with fire - a response my opponent mistakenly thinking of me as some soft Europe-returned bum did not anticipate.

I saw this almost talented photographer here who was using a fairly old camera. As means of helping him develop his capacity I offered to give him my $ 500 Nikon dslr for $250. He was happy and asked me to give him the camera and that he'd pay me the next day. My mistake was first to feel bad for the guy and then to give him the camera before getting the money. I grew few grey hair trying to get the money as he started saying that he could only pay me $160 and that too on a much latter date. To make the long story short, I got my 250 bucks but after spending 25000 bucks worth of my energy while I could have easily sold that camera on ebay for double the price.

Or my father's friend who was had in this land deal is spending tons of money in Dubai, not to get his money which he has given up, but to put this guy in jail because according to him he would look soft if he simply give up and thats not an image one is to have in these corrupt societies.

Or my father's friend who was had in this land deal is spending tons of money in Dubai, not to get his money which he has given up, but to put this guy in jail because according to him he would look soft if he simply give up and thats not an image one is to have in these corrupt societies.

Dubai, hmmmmm not surprising in the least. Let me guess, your fathers friend is South Asian or maybe even European, so that means that the khaleeji see him as a slave hence it is their God given right to take his money and lie to him as they please.

In their dreams.

I responded with 3 false cases against them of which one was of serious nature. I registered a police case against them accusing them of an attempt on my life. For evidence, I produced some empty shells from the bullets I myself had asked my men to fire at the main gate of my house in the dead of night (who possibly could have found out who sent whom). Through this police report I managed to get the arrest warrant. But I didn't want him arrested. I took this measure to bring the party to negotiating table and demand of them to withdraw their cases. It worked. But it wasted six or so months of my time, effort and money to fight this uninvited headache of a battle.

Wow. You, sir, are a sage.

What, pray tell, is so sage-like about this :donno:

Btw, whatever happened with hot hot?

Well, it's just that if I was in your shoes, such a badass way of dealing with the situation would have never occurred to me. It's just smart. Something out of a movie.

hot hot was banned because he got into a hot hot tantrum with anti-Tatbeerists.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Veteran Member

Well, it's just that if I was in your shoes, such a badass way of dealing with the situation would have never occurred to me. It's just smart. Something out of a movie.

Good to know you were not pulling my leg :dry:

Ah, but every life is a like a movie plot in this Land of the Pure. Did I not miss the bombing in 2009 on the ISI compound by a few minutes as I passed through the street that was bombed later that hour and killed a couple dozen people, and then went home, ate my lunch, watched a movie and picked up a lowbrow title full of sexual encounters between the protagonist and whichever women that happened to cross his path? I did.

Just one day in Pakistan.

Just as I not unsurprisingly suspected.

Actually he was insulting scholars, and if insulting the three and "the favorite wife" is not allowed then one shouldn't be allowed to insult scholars. Oh and he has prior accounts under bandom and suspension...they investigated his IP chain. The thread has been cleaned up so the discussion about all of this is gone.