Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
nabeel.a

People Living In Germany (Kfc Halal?)

Rate this topic

I have heard that in various European countries, KFC has started buying its meat from halal source so that their revenue goes up as muslims are also buying it. I wanted to confirm it with our brothers and sisters living in Germany, is that true?

(bismillah)

While I was in Germany, I was told by KFC that they do not offer Halal certified foods. It is actually somewhere on their website too, if you can understand German.. http://www.kfc.de/

Many Muslims however still eat there in accordance with Fatwas, issued notably by Sunni scholars.

Edited by 3alii

I have heard that in various European countries, KFC has started buying its meat from halal source so that their revenue goes up as muslims are also buying it. I wanted to confirm it with our brothers and sisters living in Germany, is that true?

This is on the KFC German website:http://www.kfc.de/faq#start

Sind KFC Produkte Halal?

KFC Deutschland bietet keine Halal-zertifizierten Produkte an.

Seitenanfang

And from 2013 no longer in the Netherlands:

De nieuwe en huidige kipleveranciers van KFC zullen niet langer Halal gecertificeerd zijn.

Vanaf 1 januari 2013 verkoopt geen van de KFC restaurants in Nederland daarom nog kip van Halal gecertificeerde leveranciers. Terug naar boven

BTW you can make more delicious chicken wings at home with breadcrumbs, beaten eggs and flour..simple as that ;) just look up the recipe!

I was told the one in Dearborn, MI that serves halal meat actually has some animal fat from something that is not halal certified in the seasoning, which would render the food haram. Ich lebe in der USA wenn ich habe Deutsch gelernt. Ich habe Deutsch in einer langer Zeit nicht gesprochen.

Salam

French people do know well that KFC does not serve true halal food, but gets it from a provider (Doux) who himself gets it stamped by an "organisation of Islamic certification" which is in fact a mere translation and cultural organisation.

The frightening thing is that this meat provider is even exporting meat to... Mecca !

Look up on it...

Edited by realizm

I think it depends on the area you live in and the Muslim population in that region. For example, the city of Dearborn in Michigan, U.S.A. has had halal KFC for years (which they just recently stopped doing :dry:), as well as McDonald's, Subway, and a couple of other halal world-renound fast food restaurants as well. But that's mainly cuz the Dearborn area has the most amount of Muslims in the country, so a lot of their restaurants are halal . . . by demand I guess?

Usually if a non-Muslim restaurant serves halal food, they have a big sticker with the word "HALAL" (in Arabic) posted on the side window near the entrance, so that's a dead give away. As far as Germany is concerned, I heard the KFC restaurant #1005 in Cologne is halal (?), but again, I'm not too sure. You can always try calling the specific restaurant and asking the manager, or walk-in and ask to see their halal certificates (if they claim to have halal food from a certified source).

Keep in mind when you're ordering though that most of the workers are non-Muslim so they probably don't know that things pork or gelatin will never be halal or alcohol (which they put in some of their products) is always haram. BTW, an important thing you should know: The KFC and McDonald's I've been to buy their halal and "un-halal" chicken from two different sources, so if you do manage to find a halal restaurant... instead of asking for a "bigmac" be like "Can I get a bigmac with halal meat?"

Hope that helps! Good luck on your restaurant search :)

Ali Musa is right, most of the halal meat in the gulf countries come from australia and new zealand (i believe they ship them in massive passenger ships, to slaughter them in their destined countries).

There are a few halal outlets in Australia for these westernised companies like KFC and Mcdonalds, notably in muslim heavy cities like Sydney. My question though is, why would you use that option when you have much much much tastier (not necessarily healthier) options of the local halal shawarma and pizza joints (i got a 13 inch pizza yesterday dripping with chicken, i fought a hard battle to eat it all...but it won)

the Dearborn area has the most amount of Muslims in the country, so a lot of their restaurants are halal . . . by demand I guess?

I'm thinking it may also possibly be because of muslim ownership of those local establishments?