Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Queen Yoda II

If You Could Live In Any Country In The World...

Rate this topic

At the moment I would like to live in Finland. I am im a good situation that if I want, I can go and live in any country of the world, except in Palestine. I think, I can do more good for Islam in Finland, than in Iraq, or Iran.

I kind of see it so that if there is new Muslim in Nabi time, he would probably have taught him Islam and sebt him to his own people calling them to islam.

It only adds to its charm..

If you're with your wife, yes.

Water, mud, clouds, umbrellas, err... no thanks imo.^^

Tell me about it!

It always starts rainin' whenever I set my foot out of the house door....goes the usual English complain :D

O, to be in England

Now that April 's there,

And whoever wakes in England

Sees, some morning, unaware,

That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf

Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf,

While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough

In England—now!

And after April, when May follows,

And the whitethroat builds, and all the swallows!

Hark, where my blossom'd pear-tree in the hedge

Leans to the field and scatters on the clover

Blossoms and dewdrops—at the bent spray's edge—

That 's the wise thrush; he sings each song twice over,

Lest you should think he never could recapture

The first fine careless rapture!

And though the fields look rough with hoary dew,

All will be gay when noontide wakes anew

The buttercups, the little children's dower

—Far brighter than this gaudy melon-flower!

Robert Browning

The truth is that only the self sufficiency planners have a mighty good chance to succeed after they plan it all properly. All others, or most other simply won't get into the hassle of moving everything, selling / buying houses, getting (buying) immigration papers, new job with new people, and all the fear of "what-ifs". Well, these "what-ifs" are going to equally concern the self sufficiency dreamers too. So in any event, one will be taking some risk and all sorts of changes require one to be daring.

O, to be in England

Now that April 's there,

And whoever wakes in England

Sees, some morning, unaware,

That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf

Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf,

While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough

In England—now!

And after April, when May follows,

And the whitethroat builds, and all the swallows!

Hark, where my blossom'd pear-tree in the hedge

Leans to the field and scatters on the clover

Blossoms and dewdrops—at the bent spray's edge—

That 's the wise thrush; he sings each song twice over,

Lest you should think he never could recapture

The first fine careless rapture!

And though the fields look rough with hoary dew,

All will be gay when noontide wakes anew

The buttercups, the little children's dower

—Far brighter than this gaudy melon-flower!

Robert Browning

If I were to live in England, I'd go for a little hut flanked by lush woods somewhere deep in the Lake District and, in my own muse, pen a Woodsworth anew.

Edited by Marbles

The truth is that only the self sufficiency planners have a mighty good chance to succeed after they plan it all properly. All others, or most other simply won't get into the hassle of moving everything, selling / buying houses, getting (buying) immigration papers, new job with new people, and all the fear of "what-ifs". Well, these "what-ifs" are going to equally concern the self sufficiency dreamers too. So in any event, one will be taking some risk and all sorts of changes require one to be daring.

Hand them free visa stickers and you'll have 90% of the population of this country queuing up on the exit gates and there would go out the other ear all considerations of selling property and asserts, leaving out family and relatives behind, finding new jobs (bankers will sell fragrance-less flowers in the snow on the footpath - my banker immigrant cousin's first ever job in England), being among new people, speaking a language they thought they knew but didn't actually know, and so will make an effort to master street vernacular and slang, and then when they'd think they know the system well, they'll begin to claim jobless benefits and subsidised housing by having their Pakistani-born GP (doctor) make them false certificates about their 'deteriorating health' and 'inability to go to work', while they continue to work unregistered (and tax-free) at some grocery store (or preferably a chippy), or run an equally small business, and run it with an equally small mentality.

The system is their (or there?) to milk [/Pakistani]

Edited by Marbles

Canada, Sweden. Switzerland, North/North West Pakistan.

^^ This reminds me. My wife wants to live somewhere in the Northern parts and so we agreed to build a little house in the mountains near Murree somewhere. I'm thinking Khanaspur, Bhurban or Ayubia. Most of anywhere else in the north would be a neglected and violent place.

Real men get bored of natural beauty. The passion doesn't last. They then look for alternatives.

:D Bro shed some more light on this, please. Will you?^^^^^

Real men get bored of natural beauty. The passion doesn't last. They then look for alternatives.

It isn't the beauty, its living among people not thirsty for blood, not to mention quality health care.

^^ This reminds me. My wife wants to live somewhere in the Northern parts and so we agreed to build a little house in the mountains near Murree somewhere. I'm thinking Khanaspur, Bhurban or Ayubia. Most of anywhere else in the north would be a neglected and violent place.

The best place would be on the main vein of tar connecting Murree with the abode of the rich that is popularly known as Pearl Continental Bhurban. There are many small roads as you know that slide off the main vein of tar and snake down into tiny valleys. Plenty of plots of land up for sale there.

:D Bro shed some more light on this, please. Will you?^^^^^

Bro, the last I checked, make up 'artists, beauty parlours and plastic surgeons were making millions. Why do you insist on enriching the rich? Let the men deal with it on their own :D

It isn't the beauty, its living among people not thirsty for blood, not to mention quality health care.

That would leave out only the sweet exception of Canada. And glad tidings, you're already in a good place.

Elsewhere, it's just maintaining face. You can smell the blood. It won't be long before they pack up their peace into large trunks and store it away for the next generations to peruse.

Sweden - When I was there last year, in Malmo to be precise, I sensed native Swedes wished they could cleanse the city of its half Iraqi population because "they bring their violence and feuds here". Peace? Yes, but only when foreigners 'go back'.

Switzerland - A great place to construct inverted mosque minarets, inside the ground. A new trend in Islamic architecture, I suppose!

North Pakistan - Unless you are an Ismaili and live in Karimabad and in the surrounding of Ismaili country, no free health care for you...

Sweden - When I was there last year, in Malmo to be precise, I sensed native Swedes wished they could cleanse the city of its half Iraqi population because "they bring their violence and feuds here". Peace? Yes, but only when foreigners 'go back'.

North Pakistan - Unless you are an Ismaili and live in Karimabad and in the surrounding of Ismaili country, no free health care for you...

Yes Europe is regressing in many ways, but Swedish people in general are very tolerant and warm, recently some sensitivities have developed with respects to the Iraqi population there, but by in large as compared to most other countries in the world, they are easy going, non judgmental people.

Pakistan because that is where I was born. Canada is pretty awesome despite some right wing tendencies here.

Yes Europe is regressing in many ways, but Swedish people in general are very tolerant and warm, recently some sensitivities have developed with respects to the Iraqi population there, but by in large as compared to most other countries in the world, they are easy going, non judgmental people.

Pakistan because that is where I was born. Canada is pretty awesome despite some right wing tendencies here.

Right wing tendencies in Canada? Nooooooo...

Somebody inject a vaccine before a full fledged virus develops :cry:

Haha yeah, every time ive head up I have always gone there.

It's a great place to go if you want to suffocate yourself with concrete faces and icy, furtive looks.

Oh I don't know...

Some would say that 'real' men enjoy the outdoors and useful occupation. :)

Couldn't have said it better. But add to that vegetable and/or fruit farming. I have started working on just such an arrangement with modern amenities and independent electricity. Inshallah if all goes well, I plan to realise this project in 3-5 years time.

I envy you.

I really don't wish anymore to live in the heart of the city amid traffic chaos, dust and ubiquitous pollution.

I second that emotion.

^^ I was more interested to learn about those >> alternatives << to natural beauty, in hopes that I may learn about the Real Men™ and perhaps, some day and somehow I'd be able to count myself among them, too, or masquerade as one per chance the need arises some time.^^^

And its always refreshingly pleasant to read some satire by you. Now, if only you could use that in your posts more often.^^

Edited by Darth Vader

That would leave out only the sweet exception of Canada

:wub:

not too big on jingoism but canada justifies it on rare occasions

My name is Joe and I am a Canadian

*disclaimer- its a commercial for something else but funny nevertheless

Switzerland - A great place to construct inverted mosque minarets, inside the ground. A new trend in Islamic architecture, I suppose!

My husband is on a week long holiday visiting some cousins in Switzerland (he's flying back tomorrow). He said the place makes him want to commit suicide.

Hejsansvejsan is from Sweden. Remember him? He was more ignorant than an American redneck from the deep south that never set foot in a schoolyard.

Edited by ImAli

My husband is on a week long holiday visiting some cousins in Switzerland (he's flying back tomorrow). He said the place makes him want to commit suicide.

(salam)

I have been all around Switzerland (it's not hard as its a small country) and it is a relatively nice place. How come your husband found it so distasteful?