Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Bully

Rate this topic

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kids these days are weaklings and I find it heartbreaking. I am always reading stories about a kid blowing his brains out or a girl hanging herself from her ceiling fan because someone started a faceb

Everyone should see this documentary. Here's the trailer: I know that there are many school-aged kids here on the forums, and I'm interested to know about your experiences with bullying - whether it

I was bullied, but I fought back... In eight grade an older girl kept pressing me up against the wall in the hallways. After 3-4 times, I grabbed her collar and pressed her against the wall, went up i

• Veteran Member

I was bullied, but I fought back... In eight grade an older girl kept pressing me up against the wall in the hallways. After 3-4 times, I grabbed her collar and pressed her against the wall, went up in her face and said very calmly that if she would do it again I would break her face.

And then I started on a new school. There was another girl in my class who kept on saying degrading things to me and stuff, and one day she slapped me, and I punched back. But it wasn't good enough for me, so one day in gym class we were learning self defense. I teamed up with her and almost broke her arm with an armbar. I had recently started training brazilian ji-jitsu, haha :)

An eye for an eye!

Darn you're dangerous.

I was bullied by Yoda. :cry:

I was bullied, but I fought back... In eight grade an older girl kept pressing me up against the wall in the hallways. After 3-4 times, I grabbed her collar and pressed her against the wall, went up in her face and said very calmly that if she would do it again I would break her face.

And then I started on a new school. There was another girl in my class who kept on saying degrading things to me and stuff, and one day she slapped me, and I punched back. But it wasn't good enough for me, so one day in gym class we were learning self defense. I teamed up with her and almost broke her arm with an armbar. I had recently started training brazilian ji-jitsu, haha :)

An eye for an eye!

A brah ... from another mah?

mgs1.gif

• Site Administrators

Bullied for years by a school teacher. She always seemed to hate me and found silly excuses to punish or ridicule. Its not like I was being punished cz i didn't do homework or failed in a test. It was silly things like not asking her permission while travelling in the same bus as hers...Can't believe I never told my dad or school principal about it or perhaps I thought it wasn't worth it. Afterall we were brought up to believe that they're demi-gods, to whom we submit. Ah well, I learn't to fight my own battles...

• Advanced Member

I was bullied by so many people at school. And what did I do????

I cried. :cry:

But that was only in primary school.

Later in my teenage years I used to beat up everyone. Right back atch ya!!!!!

Edited by Sapphire

On the more serious note, I've been bullied for a LIFE-TIME. And the things were far serious just ridicule and anything verbal. Severe beatings, verbal abuse, solitary confinements etc etc etc. But then again, abuse is no longer abuse for us psychopaths anymore. We say "hello" to each other by throwin' punches at each others face.

I think it has more to do with vulnerability. If you show a bit of vulnerability, the monster will PREY on you. Don't show any vulnerability. Toughen up every soft spot of your's, and just hide it. Also, it's always good to have a connection with bunch of monsters yourself. Even if you're not a lion of the damn jungle, befriend a lion and walk with him like you're one yourself. But then again, we all stand alone. We have to learn to fight our own battles. No need to be Rambo, sufficient smarts, knowledge, and strong personality will do the job.

Edited by The Exalted One
  • Advanced Member

Bullied for years by a school teacher. She always seemed to hate me and found silly excuses to punish or ridicule. Its not like I was being punished cz i didn't do homework or failed in a test. It was silly things like not asking her permission while travelling in the same bus as hers...Can't believe I never told my dad or school principal about it or perhaps I thought it wasn't worth it. Afterall we were brought up to believe that they're demi-gods, to whom we submit. Ah well, I learn't to fight my own battles...

And now you close the circle by bullying people for nonsense on here. Everything is clearer now.

And now you close the circle by bullying people for nonsense on here. Everything is clearer now.

I've read studies that most police officers, security guards, school principals, etc. were on the receiving end of the bully spectrum.

On a side note, one day on the local news when I was still living in the metro Detroit area, a local woman was arrested for going to school and shooting a few rounds at a group of kids who were bullying her daughter LOL......I know it's wrong but I couldn't stop laughing at that news report.

• Veteran Member

Hmmm I was never bullied significantly enough to remember it. I can't recall anything. Never bullied anyone either really. I was a beeba bacha you know. I still am. I went to school in a culture where kids do not bully each other, not in any significant way at least.

I've read studies that most police officers, security guards, school principals, etc. were on the receiving end of the bully spectrum.

On a side note, one day on the local news when I was still living in the metro Detroit area, a local woman was arrested for going to school and shooting a few rounds at a group of kids who were bullying her daughter LOL......I know it's wrong but I couldn't stop laughing at that news report.

I quite agree about new kids being soft bums. This is perhaps the direct result of world-is-so-nice-lets-all-smile-at -each-other gay pop culture mentality that fails to prepare kids for the rough reality. Those kids have no heart to stand their ground, sadly.

• Veteran Member

Don't recall being bullied, but I did move to this entirely white town for a year or so north of Toronto and felt really isolated simply because I was the only brown kid around, that was about the only time, it wasn't really in your face bullying but the racism and exclusion was very blatant. I did see bullying all around me, throughout my life, I suppose in the west if you somewhat excel at sports, you are generally left alone, so I wasn't a victim, but I did always feel terribly let down by the state of social affairs in most schools I went to, especially in the west. Anyhow, bullying is a real problem, kids have always been bullied, suicides have always occurred and it is far too simplistic to simply label children today as weak or imply that bullying did not have much of a detrimental effect on their development in the past. A child's or teen's psychology is complicated, and a lot more consideration needs to go into reforming our institutions from parenting to our schools to deal with this extremely serious problem. If one just begins to scratch the surface on this issue, one would realize that the consumerist, highly competitive and morally repugnant capitalist forces help foster the prevalent bullying culture.

• Advanced Member

Yes, when I went to school in the 90's, a girl or boy was committing suicide at least once a week due to bullying on facebook, and whatsapp :rolleyes:

Kids these days are shallow minded weaklings that don't even know how to communicate like normal humans.....except through text messaging.

Facebook and whatsapp existed in the 90's...?

• Veteran Member

Yes, when I went to school in the 90's, a girl or boy was committing suicide at least once a week due to bullying on facebook, and whatsapp :rolleyes:

Kids these days are shallow minded weaklings that don't even know how to communicate like normal humans.....except through text messaging.

Internet bullying is real, it isn't a joke. People committed suicide for equally "weak" reasons even back in the day. You can argue this both ways, an immature act of promiscuity in the past would have been exposed or talked about in the community, now a picture gets posted on the web, for the world to see in an inescapable cycle of repeated cyber and real life bullying. Anyway that is besides the point, there is little to gained from labeling bullying victims as weak, it deflects from the problem, and is probably even detrimental, just like focusing on the clothing of rape victims deflects from the perpetrator of their crimes. The last thing a bullied child wants to hear is how weak they are, it does nothing to empower them.

Internet bullying is real, it isn't a joke. People committed suicide for equally "weak" reasons even back in the day. You can argue this both ways, an immature act of promiscuity in the past would have been exposed or talked about in the community, now a picture gets posted on the web, for the world to see in an inescapable cycle of repeated cyber and real life bullying. Anyway that is besides the point, there is little to gained from labeling bullying victims as weak, it deflects from the problem, and is probably even detrimental, just like focusing on the clothing of rape victims deflects from the perpetrator of their crimes. The last thing a bullied child wants to hear is how weak they are, it does nothing to empower them.

Kids are babied, pampered, and unprepared....they are made into weaklings. Bullying was just as common in the past as it is now, but it was expected to happen in the past. Now kids think the world revolves around them and are in complete and utter disbelief when someone dares to criticize, dislike, or bully them. In the past people didn't expect to be happy and have everyone like them, they fought back, and then went on with life. Now if someone is not happy it is the end of the world and time to get drugged up on antidepressants and hang yourself.

Edited by ImAli
  • Veteran Member

i was bullied twice or thrice during my school time.i was not a good fighter.

in 8th grade a kid called all his friend and then they started a fight and slapped me.when my friends came for help,they ran away.

and because i was in scouting team of my school,so no body tried to screw with me.

i still am very shreef.

• Advanced Member

My heart breaks when i see someone being bullied, i wish they felt strong enough to retaliate.

It is a horrible thing and as parents it is your duty to make your child stand up for themself and feel strong enough to not let anyone get away with trying to bully them.

Never soften things for your child, we live in a mean world where people are senseless and will go to extreme lengths to make peoples lives hell. Start them young and give them the independance they need to be strong individuals.

My heart breaks when i see someone being bullied, i wish they felt strong enough to retaliate.

It is a horrible thing and as parents it is your duty to make your child stand up for themself and feel strong enough to not let anyone get away with trying to bully them.

Do they have zero tolerance policy in UK schools? I used to live in the U.S. and most schools were zero tolerance zones. This meant that even the kid being bullied would get in trouble and even be arrested sometimes if he or she dared to fight back. This is wrong and a huge contributing factor to the problem.....as the well behaved kids are scared to get in trouble with the authorities and the hayawanet bullies could care less about the rules. I think that parents should get together and put a stop to this rule since it is their tax dollars funding these ridiculous rules in the first place.

• Veteran Member

To deal with possible but rare bullying I were instructed by my (single) mom to break the face and legs of the bully. That way, said mom, they won't bother you again.

The point was to put up a fight even if you being weaker get beaten. It will prepare you for the next time. And those big bullies tend to leave you alone when they realise you don't tolerate their nonsense. Even those big bullies don't like/want to get embroiled in fights so often. It takes away the fun of bullying you know.

On reflection, teaching today's kids the absolute immorality of violence and absolute maintenance of peace at all times has had an eerily devastating effect on their survival instincts. They become just how ImAli described them.

Edited by Marbles
  • Advanced Member

They say they are zero tolerance but it happens all the time and they dont actually take any major action against the bullies.

I remember when i was in high school i had a fight with a girl who tried to bully me, we got sent to the head teacher who asked if we wanted to be 'suspended' for the day and sent home, but we both said no and that was the end of it.

I dont think they actually care unless a parent goes into the school to make an issue from it and they then pretend to take drastic measures.

• Veteran Member

Do they have zero tolerance policy in UK schools? I used to live in the U.S. and most schools were zero tolerance zones. This meant that even the kid being bullied would get in trouble and even be arrested sometimes if he or she dared to fight back. This is wrong and a huge contributing factor to the problem.....as the well behaved kids are scared to get in trouble with the authorities and the hayawanet bullies could care less about the rules. I think that parents should get together and put a stop to this rule since it is their tax dollars funding these ridiculous rules in the first place.

Bingo. That's exactly what I mean. And the more I think the more I realise how stupid, childish police states these Western societies are transforming themselves into.

Getting arrested for fighting a bully? I mean...come on, what the hell is going on in the West?

Edited by Marbles

They say they are zero tolerance but it happens all the time and they dont actually take any major action against the bullies.

I remember when i was in high school i had a fight with a girl who tried to bully me, we got sent to the head teacher who asked if we wanted to be 'suspended' for the day and sent home, but we both said no and that was the end of it.

I dont think they actually care unless a parent goes into the school to make an issue from it and they then pretend to take drastic measures.

They really don't do anything. My father went to the school fuming once when a group of boys tried to rip the scarf off of my head. I threw a can of pepsi and made a bullseye with his back...it busted everywhere. Then they surrounded me and tried to hold me down, and rip my scarf off a second time, but it was broken up by a teacher just in time.

It turned into boys will be boys, they were only playing and were more concerned about me throwing pepsi long distances and busting it on the back of a school athlete. Yeah they let the athletes get away with murder....someone needs to do some serious overhauling of the conduct code in these schools.

And this was back in 94 and 95....imagine how stupid it has gotten by now.

Edited by ImAli
  • Advanced Member

And this was back in 94 and 95....imagine how stupid it has gotten by now.

(salam)

I guarantee you it has gotton a lot stupider since your time. I can't recall any particular times that I have been bullied solely for the reason that if somebody has picked on me once, I make it very clear that I am not going to take it silently (Like Marbles was advised)

However, I was always standing up to bullies who would pick on the less confident ones like one of my closest friends, a silent and sweet girl who was constantly targeted as she was too shy to retaliate. It annoyed me how people would pretend not to see what was going on to ensure they don't get picked on! And equally cowardly were those bullies who would pick on those smaller and defenseless or would wait until they had companions to back them up.

I realised something from a fight with a bully twice my size, the best thing is to show a bully how little they are worth. A person bullies for attention and 'respect' and by taking these away from them, their initial reaction is to go absolutely mental (which I rather enjoyed as it was a further degradation) and then the humiliation makes them think very hard before ever repeating such behaviour.

Wa Salam