Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
kiptanui

Losing Drive

Rate this topic

When people are young they also usually lack a lot of wisdom (i.e. they are stupid); they don't know the One they are worshiping (or the One they are supposed to worship), and they don't really know why they are even doing these mustahabat other than to get rewards and to attain paradise. Maybe we grown ups have reached a point where we intuitively understand the futility of worshiping for the sake of prestige and for the sake of reward (and have naturally therefore begun to satisfy ourselves with the bare minimum). And perhaps all we have to do now is to reflect more and to introspect ourselves in order to find out what it is that we really want.

Edited by eThErEaL

It's all about motivation.

Humans, are, by nature, very forgetful. Perhaps once you attended a very inspirational lecture at your local masjid and after the speech you told yourself "Wow I am going to be a better person!! I am going to read dua ahad every single day!! I am going to pray salatul layl every night!!" only to realize that by the next day you are back to the way you used to be. The motivation just doesn't last.

We need constant reminders. For me, what helps is taking a notebook with me to any lecture I attend so that I can write down some points. I don't know about you but I was tired of attending great lectures and waking up the next morning to realize I had basically forgotten everything that had been said.

Youtube is your friend. Download lectures that you find particularly inspirational from all of your favorite scholars and listen to them in your free time.

Reading a little bit of quran every day is also helpful.

All you have to do is remind yourself constantly and try to keep that motivation going. Each person is motivated by different things so find what works for you!

I think its the matter of love. when u r in love with something or somebody then u r earnest about that thing or that person. and u'll b filled with longing for that. now in the case of Allah(swt) u have to acquire knowledge every moment so that u become aware of his love for us. that's the reason alims say that read quran as much as u can. also that imam Ali(as) said "acquire knowledge from the cradle to the grave".

Edited by worshiper

ya_mawla i dont like the lectures anymore!!!! its the same old same old repeating.

but i know islam is good for me.

lol i am screwed. i have gone from zealous to ordinary. the only thing that motivates me is my own thought. lectures dont do it.

ya_mawla i dont like the lectures anymore!!!! its the same old same old repeating.

but i know islam is good for me.

lol i am screwed. i have gone from zealous to ordinary. the only thing that motivates me is my own thought. lectures dont do it.

That would probably be a good sign.

Edited by eThErEaL

interesting! you think i am growing?

maybe intellectually i am but why do i pray less and i am less cheerful an optimistic?

I mean you can't depend only on lecturers for knowledge.

Edited by eThErEaL

with age, we come to reality. Within reality with realise all the false stories we have been fed. Anyways you just need to get married..... which i assume is difficult because all the fakers out there.

None says this, but patience hardens ones self, and you will noticed people who bear hardship are less cheerful.

Think about quality versus quantity. Thats what you need and not the parrot repetitions so we can look and feel superior.