Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Prophet Muhammad Saw And The Execution Of The Jews

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Hello dear brothers and sisters,

I apologize in advance if I made any mistakes in my facts or wordings, and mean my questions with the up most respect.

"After the Battle of the Trench in March 627 (named after a trench that the Muslims dug around parts of Medina) against a large coalition of Meccans and their allies, Muhammad S.A.W. imposed the ultimate penalty on the men in the Jewish clan, Qurayzah, the third Jewish tribe (he banished the Qaynuqa tribe in April 624 and the Nadir tribe in August 625). The Qurayzah tribe was supposed to remain neutral in the Battle, but they seem to have intrigued with the Meccans and to have been on the verge of attacking Muhammad S.A.W. from the rear. They were judged guilty by one of their Medinan Muslim allies, and 600 of the males were executed."

The sentence: Death by decapitation for around 600 men, and enslavement for the women and children.

Was it unjustly to kill 600 male Jews and enslave the women and children?

Couldn't have Muhammad S.A.W. could have shown mercy, exiled them (as they may have requested), or executed only a few?

The whole Qurayzah Jewish tribe never attacked the Muslims, and even if a few were to have done so, doesn't the punishment seem not to fit the crime? Was the execution excessive and disproportionate?

What was the concept of slavery back then?

Thank you

Edited by UseF
Edited size of font; was too small (hard to read).
  • Advanced Member

Salaam UseF,

I don't know the answer to ur question, but there is a lecture given in response to this by Mr. Nakshwani. Its titled

Reply to BBC Life of Muhammed 'Jews Massacred' Fact or Fiction A Detailed Analysis 3 Holy Wars 2

I'm also going to listen to it Insha'Allah. Hope it ans the qn.

Khz

• Basic Members

Salaam UseF,

I don't know the answer to ur question, but there is a lecture given in response to this by Mr. Nakshwani. Its titled

Reply to BBC Life of Muhammed 'Jews Massacred' Fact or Fiction A Detailed Analysis 3 Holy Wars 2

I'm also going to listen to it Insha'Allah. Hope it ans the qn.

Khz

Looking forward to hear your thoughts!

• Veteran Member

They preferred to be judged by a member of the their allies' tribe, a former Jew, who judged them according to their own book. From the Torah, Deuteronomy 20:10-15 (NIV) says:

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

Anyway, their actions could have led to the Muslims being wiped out, and treason carried the death penalty even in all Western societies until quite recently.

You can read quite a full response here: http://muslim-responses.com/Banu_Qurayza/Banu_Qurayza_

• Advanced Member

They preferred to be judged by a member of the their allies' tribe, a former Jew, who judged them according to their own book. From the Torah, Deuteronomy 20:10-15 (NIV) says:

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

Anyway, their actions could have led to the Muslims being wiped out, and treason carried the death penalty even in all Western societies until quite recently.

You can read quite a full response here: http://muslim-respon...a/Banu_Qurayza_

I'l add one more point to this. The people executed were only the heads of the tribe, not all the jews that were there. The others were set free.

• Advanced Member

I'l add one more point to this. The people executed were only the heads of the tribe, not all the jews that were there. The others were set free.

Yes brother, I searched about this and most of the scholars near me say that either the chiefs were killed or perhaps only those Jews who didn't convert to Islam were killed. Either way, many Jewish men were also spared.

• Advanced Member

The Jews asked Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) to jufge them according to their own book. If they asked him to judge them according to the islamic book they would've taken a different punishment. SO the Torah is responsible for their own deaths :S ironic right? The Jews throughout history were always bad people, not all of them ofcoarse, but most of them. Most the problems in the world today if not all are caused by them. May God Hasten "His" appearrance (as)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

They told Mohammed they wanted to be judged according to the Torah. So he acted upon it. Prophet mohammed (pbuh) did nothing wrong.

THank you for your reply!

Couldn't Prophet Mohamed (S.A.W.) just not have let them be executed even if they wanted it for themselves? Today by law we do not allow individuals to commit suicide it is against the law. Death is the worst punishment of all.

• 3 weeks later...

The Jews asked Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) to jufge them according to their own book. If they asked him to judge them according to the islamic book they would've taken a different punishment. SO the Torah is responsible for their own deaths :S ironic right? The Jews throughout history were always bad people, not all of them ofcoarse, but most of them. Most the problems in the world today if not all are caused by them. May God Hasten "His" appearrance (as)

There is an awful lot that could simply be read very easily in Quran, the second Surah of Quran and throughout. And so there is an awful lot of good religious treatment of the matter in so many books in print and readily available.

This is more of what I would in my opinion consider to be 'baiting' an argument. A theme of the likes of which people who do not believe in God and believe instead that so called Christ is God, use to attack belief in the God of Moses and God's revealed Word. In these types of 'discussions' to true point is argument for the sake of argument, or intention to drive a wedge in argument rather than truly question any historical matter as these types of questions intended only for arguments' sake would purport at first glance to be.

An answer could readily be had simply by accessing materials through the use of the computer.

Edited by Naz_