Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
3laweyaZainabiya

Are We Infinite?

Rate this topic

(salam) brothers and sisters,

A few questions:

Within the shia belief, we believe that Allah created us for an infinite amount of time? Meaning that we will not cease to exist at any point?

( I heard this somewhere and wanted some confirmation)

If existing is a mercy from Allah (swt), wouldn't existing in any state be a mercy? i.e. Even hell would be a mercy..?

(wasalam) Weirdos and Creeps.

(bismillah)

Well, where have you heard about us being infinite or God creating us for infinity? Perhaps, from the verses of the Quran which talk about how we are going to be in Hell or Heaven forever? In any case, I don't know much about that.

As for the second part, which is where I might give my two cents, you could look at the very punishment from Allah (SWT) , irrespective of whether existence itself is mercy, to be part of His Mercy. Like, He is punishing us in order to purify us, just like a teacher would punish you for making mistakes in order for you to improve, because of his love for the student. His Mercy permeates nearly everything. We may call being sent to hell "punishment" and Him "The Punisher" but, just like on the Day of Judgement, He is The Judge and a judge is supposed to be just, He is more merciful than just for if it were not so, none of us, except the Masoomeen (peace be upon them all) would even go anywhere near Heaven (there is even a supplication where you implore God to deal with you according to His Mercy and not according to what you deserve, according to His Justice), His Punishment can also be an outlet of His Mercy.

(salam) brothers and sisters,

A few questions:

Within the shia belief, we believe that Allah created us for an infinite amount of time? Meaning that we will not cease to exist at any point?

( I heard this somewhere and wanted some confirmation)

If existing is a mercy from Allah (swt), wouldn't existing in any state be a mercy? i.e. Even hell would be a mercy..?

Yes!

We are actually ending all of the universe. Everything that started will end including us. The day of judgement everything will die even angel of death but then Allah (swt) will recreate us according to our earnings then we will be eternal.

Subhannallah

Sign in to follow this