Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Nugii

Marrying A Lebanese

Rate this topic

Marry a Sunni... But be ready for a divorce a soon as religion would become important for you or him at certain stage of life.

When you start experiencing 'feelings' for him, kindly think of Ali Asghar (as) and how this Sunni man and all his family vocally or ideologically support his killers all the way up to Umer and Abu Bakr.

Find a Shia person, albiet poor or less educated and marry him. Same as a halal dry piece of bread served in a clay pot is 1000x more precious than a haram feast served in a golden platter.

Be strong, show some character, don't fall for the first guy who talked to you nicely, control the teenager hormones

best answer seriously.

i married lebanese shia girl from hezbollah

im from sunni

we have a great life an dkids

her in laws love me ...........................

so just get on with life we are humans

I'm an 18 year old Iraqi girl who lives in Denmark. So I've known this Lebanese guy for a couple of weeks now from work and we talk frequently to eachother. I am starting to have feelings for him and vice verse but i wanna keep it halal :P.

He is Lebanese and 3 years older than me, Soo.... the problem im facing is that he is Sunni and I don't know how to tell my parents about him. I'm scared that they would never let a marriage between an Iraqi and Lebanese happen because of the culture background etc.

So what do you think? Is it Okay to marry a Lebanese Sunni guy or should i just stick to Iraqi guys :P

Most Sunnis in Lebanon have a deep hatred of Shias.

salam alaykum

my family is iraqi and my sister is married to a lebanese guy (he is shiite tho) and he is very respectful and treats her well alhamdullah

but as for the guy being sunni just think about the future when you have kids .. the kids will be confused on what to belive because you will probably want to take him to a shia mosque and your husband will want to take them to a sunni mosque.. same goes for praying. so my advice to you is too think really hard about this before you commit to something you didnt think about.

wasalam

Until she begins teaching you're children to love and say (ra) after mentioning the names of the very same people the Imams sent la'na on for oppressing the Ahl al-Bayt (as).

That can be a problem and will then lead to a divorce. Marry someone who's Shia.

Don't marry iraqi men.. Well unless you are a "typical" iraqi. Someone who acts like iraqis and doesn't have a problem getting along with them (unlike my family and I). Well, anyways. I think you should stick to shias because it's going to be a guarantee that your little cute babies will become shias as well. Think about how life will be easier, you going to the arba3een with your shia family. Going to the shia mosque for the lectures in ashura with them. Celebrating the birth of our ma3soomeen together. I mean, if your sunni guy is open-minded, maybe he'll learn more about "shiasm" and will convert but no guarantee.